The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Theres also 25% off at ASOS if you have a student card, just to let you all know!

It only lasts or 48 hours so hurry up :biggrin:
Original post by vads92
Hey i was wondering if anyone could help with getting a laptop bag/messenger bag big enough to hold a 17.3" laptop? I've been looking for ages with no real luck as most bags that look half decent stop at 15". Im willing to spend up to £150.
Has anyone got any suggestions?

look at cote et ciel bags.
Original post by Yumnaarrhhh
I like! :ahee:

I know, right? :sogood:

Office used to sell them, but can't seem to find them anywhere.
Original post by cgvince
which one would you guys prefer ?

Personally I'd go for the black, but it depends what you're going to wear them with.
Original post by don'tTRIP.
I know, right? :sogood:

Office used to sell them, but can't seem to find them anywhere.

Yeh i checked on the Office website because my brother liked them..but they're not there anymore and I dont even know what they're called :frown:
Has anyone had any experience with Toms Classics Footwear? Are they any good/comfy?

I need something light and comfortable to wear when I go to New York in June.

I was thinking of these:
http://www.schuh.co.uk/navy-toms-classic/3106705870/
Reply 8187
Original post by mg05stevm
Has anyone had any experience with Toms Classics Footwear? Are they any good/comfy?

I need something light and comfortable to wear when I go to New York in June.

I was thinking of these:
http://www.schuh.co.uk/navy-toms-classic/3106705870/

Just don't. Please.
Original post by Yumnaarrhhh
Yeh i checked on the Office website because my brother liked them..but they're not there anymore and I dont even know what they're called :frown:

They're called Kickers Sneakie Lo BTW :yy:
Asos plimsolls. Yay or nay?

Tempted to get a few pairs while the 30% off footwear/25% student discount is on but I'm wary of quality given the stupidly low price.
Reply 8190
Anyone know where I can get cardigan similar to this, just a bit cheaper?
http://www.allsaints.com/men/knitwear/allsaints-code-merino-cardigan/?colour=2142&category=10

Anyway while i'm in this thread, i'm quite liking this shawl neck http://www.fly53.com/product/1632/option/2297
Opinions?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 8191
Original post by Appeal to reason
Got myself some linen shorts and two pairs of jeans recently :colone: (For once, only one of my purchases was from tkmaxx :lol:)
The linen shorts seem really light, should be good for when it gets warmer!
Total for the lot was £65, not bad methinks :biggrin:
Couldn't find them on the net, they're basically these but pleated.

^ Slightly slimmer fit than they look in the picture.

where're the last jeans from??
Reply 8193
What do people think of these and some beige chinos with a similarly coloured belt?

Reply 8194
Hi,

I have an assessment centre on Tuesday for a Grad Scheme and I'm getting myself a grey suit. I need some advice on a shirt/tie combination that would work with this colour. Any help on the matter would be greatly received. Thanks guys
Original post by Ben_S
Hi,

I have an assessment centre on Tuesday for a Grad Scheme and I'm getting myself a grey suit. I need some advice on a shirt/tie combination that would work with this colour. Any help on the matter would be greatly received. Thanks guys

White shirt and sensible plain tie, light pink shirt and tie in accordance if you're feeling adventurous, should radiate understated confidence.
Original post by Ben_S
Hi,

I wore a grey suit with either:

white shirt and black tie

light pink shirt with a purple-ish tie.
Reply 8197
Yeah as everyone's saying a white shirt and black tie would be the safest thing to do
Btw, anyone know if chinos from gap are any good?
Reply 8198
Original post by RobML
Yeah as everyone's saying a white shirt and black tie would be the safest thing to do

Yeah. If you're going to a funeral.

Go with a striped shirt and a club striped tie, or a jacquard non-power tie (ie not red).

I wouldn't go with pink - especially not with cufflinks. Are you there for an interview, or to sell them a mobile phone?

Latest