The Student Room Group

Dropping an AS

Hello,

I am an AS student studying Biology, English Literature , Government & Politics and Geography. I am thinking of dropping biology despite not having done the real exam as of yet, though I've been getting Cs in my mocks. The reason for this is due to the workload and I am struggling to study for the other subjects at the moment. I got a B in my real Geography exam and I've been getting high Bs for my politics mocks. I recently took an English mock and I don't feel like I did as well as I could or should have.

I am hoping to study law at a good university but I am worried that if I drop an AS before I've even done an exam would look bad. But if I don't then it may impede my other results. However, I am thinking of picking up history next year to replace it.

I am in dire need of some advice before I do anything.

Thanks!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Anyone?
I started sixth form college doing AS French, History, Law, and Spanish.

half way through the year I decided I didn't like history or law, so I dropped them, and completed Yr 12 with AS French and AS Spanish.

In Yr 13 I took up AS Classics. I completed Yr 13 with AS Classics, A2 Spanish, and A2 French.

I then stayed on another year and did Yr 13 again, this time with A2 Classics and GCSE Italian.

I got into Leeds Uni to do BA Joint Hons TESOL/French with no problems whatsoever.
Don't try and organise your time especially your free periods, I regret dropping my biology (i dropped it for another a level though) I'd rather have a C in an as level than nothing. Especially incase you flop anyone of your other subjects. Exams are in May keep it up :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest