The Student Room Group

George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Who's guilty?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by bananaterracottapie
Zimmerman had been following Martin, even when told by the police to stop....as for the assault nobody can confirm whether Zimmerman attacked martin first or vice versa, but considering he had been following him around for some while.....there should at least be a proper investigation rather than assuming Zimmerman was in the right because Martin was black,and has been in trouble for petty offenses. shooting someone shouldn't be something taken lightly :/

why would GEORGE have shot him? why would he shoot him for no reason? do you really think he walked up to him and murdered FOR NO REASON? WHY WOULD A COMMUNITY OFFCER do that FOR??

Makes no sense. It's like a Cop followng you from your block then murdering you in cold blood.

:s-smilie:

The reason why he was shot is that MARTIN must have attacked GEORGE. that's the only real reason to it. Community officers don;t just shoot people unless it's a last resort.

Thnings obviously got to the point where GEORGE was being assaulted so bang the shottie popped like a yellow head.

simple. bang.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MrJon
it's recentley emerged Trayvon martin was a a bit of a bad boy.

The following is taken from the Miami Herald.

a more complicated portrait began to emerge of a teenager whose problems at school ranged from getting spotted defacing lockers to getting caught with a marijuana baggie and women’s jewelry.

In October, a school police investigator said he saw Trayvon on the school surveillance camera in an unauthorized area “hiding and being suspicious.” Then he said he saw Trayvon mark up a door with “W.T.F” an acronym for “what the f---.” The officer said he found Trayvon the next day and went through his book bag in search of the graffiti marker.

Instead the officer reported he found women’s jewelry and a screwdriver that he described as a “burglary tool,” according to a Miami-Dade Schools Police report obtained by The Miami Herald.

Trayvon’s backpack contained 12 pieces of jewelry, in addition to a watch and a large flathead screwdriver, according to the report, which described silver wedding bands and earrings with diamonds.

Trayvon was asked if the jewelry belonged to his family or a girlfriend.

“Martin replied it’s not mine. A friend gave it to me,” he responded, according to the report. Trayvon declined to name the friend.

Trayvon was not disciplined because of the discovery, but was instead suspended for graffiti, according to the report. School police impounded the jewelry and sent photos of the items to detectives at Miami-Dade police for further investigation.

Trayvons twitter account also revealed he had swung as a bus conducter a week earlier. Trayvons Twitter is @ NO_Limit_***** (N1qqa)

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/26/2714778/thousands-expected-at-trayvon.html#storylink=cpy

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/26/2714778/thousands-expected-at-trayvon.html#storylink=cpy

Who's guilty? I don't know maybe the guy who chased after and shot an unarmed kid. How dare you insinuate he was not innocent.
Also funny how you forget to mention Zimmerman's past indiscretions which all out way naughty behaviour at school.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MrJon
why would GEORGE have shot him? why would he shoot him for no reason? do you really think he walked up to him and murdered FOR NO REASON? WHY WOULD A COMMUNITY OFFCER do that FOR??

Makes no sense. It's like a Cop followng you from your block then murdering you in cold blood.

:s-smilie:

The reason why he was shot is that MARTIN must have attacked GEORGE. that's the only real reason to it. Community officers don;t just shoot people unless it's a last resort.

Thnings obviously got to the point where GEORGE was being assaulted so bang the shottie popped like a yellow head.

simple. bang.

you're clearly retarded. either way i'm sure you don't have all the evidence, and again decisions over something such as shooting someone shouldn't be made on simple assumptions.also so never in the history of time, has a community officer done something they shouldn't? are all community officers the same then? do you know GEORGE?
Reply 123
Original post by l.j.s18ftw
Who's guilty? I don't know maybe the guy who chased after and shot an unarmed kid. What he tweeted is irrelevant.

yet again, why would an officer randomley murder somebody? makes no sense. obviously there was an altercation and he had to use his pistol.

as i said, community officers don't randomly kill pople. GEORGE has been doing this job for years.

only difference is he's probably never been attacked before. has he shot and killed naybody else he was following whilst on the job? no, why would he start now....?

because Trayvon attacked him. like he attacked a Bus conducter a week earlier.
Reply 124
Original post by bananaterracottapie
you're clearly retarded. either way i'm sure you don't have all the evidence, and again decisions over something such as shooting someone shouldn't be made on simple assumptions.also so never in the history of time, has a community officer done something they shouldn't? are all community officers the same then? do you know GEORGE?

well. it's less retarted to claim he killed him for no reason. Then to say he killed him in self defence.

I don;'t believe he chased him then filled him with lead. this isn't a movie. this isn't hollywood. people just don't cap people on the job they suspect.

Trayvon wasn't an Angel. have you seen the pics they;re showing of him? very manipulative compared to the pictures they could show of him with his grill, throwing gang signs exc.

Trayvon obviously reacted agressivly for the situation to end up as murder. common sense.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MrJon
yet again, why would an officer randomley murder somebody? makes no sense. obviously there was an altercation and he had to use his pistol.

as i said, community officers don't randomly kill pople. GEORGE has been doing this job for years.

only difference is he's probably never been attacked before. has he shot and killed naybody else he was following whilst on the job? no, why would he start now....?

because Trayvon attacked him. like he attacked a Bus conducter a week earlier.

He was told by the police not to pursue him. He pursued him.
Reply 126
Original post by l.j.s18ftw
He was told by the police not to pursue him. He pursued him.

you must be wrong. he had to because Martin was wearing a hoodie, looking around corners exc.

he couldn't let a potential drug dealer, killer get away with it again. he's seen to many people get away and he had to have justice. He was right, TRAYVON was out to hurt someone. the Skittles were a cover. 17 year old boys don't eat skittles.
he wasn't intrested in sweets. his twitter suggested he likes knives, guns, and stealing jewlry.

i wish Trayvon were alive but, maybe he shouldn't have acted tough and played up the sterotype of a Hoodlum looking to shoot at people
(edited 12 years ago)
Well a young man has been killed for just going about his business.

Zimmerman is guilty of murder. The stand your ground law is a complete joke.
being a punk does not justify being shot dead in cold blood for walking across a street... zimmerman needs the chair, he's nothing but a murderer.
Original post by MrJon
lol LOndon riOTS?

Im sorry i really dont follow, I'm sure that the authorites imideitley condemd the riots and subsequently prosecuted as best they could.
Original post by MrJon
it's recentley.... y

Nothing you have written about is recent or adds anything to what is already known about the case.
Reply 131
Original post by Aj12
Well it depends.

Zimmerman got out his car after being told by a 9/11 operator to stay in his car. He did't actually see Martin doing anything but just believed he looks suspious...

So already Zimmerman is in the wrong. It's all going to depend on what happened to cause the fight. Did Zimmerman grab Martin and act aggressively to him? In which case Zimmerman was completely in the wrong. Or did Martin attack him first? Until we know what happened between the two of them we can't comment or speculate on who was right or wrong.

However the very fact that Zimmerman got out his car and went after Martin is hardly a good start.

Well I'm sorry to disagree with you AJ, but although Zimmerman went against advice, he certainly wasn't emperically in the wrong. And the assault that followed gave him due justification to use the force he did.

OT. In my opinion and from what I know of the story, it's a case of a wannabe gangster jumping a guy with a bit of a complex who seems like he was a wannabe cop. As it is, the wannabe gangster came off worse, and I can't say I feel bad about that.
Reply 132
Original post by original_username
Well a young man has been killed for just going about his business.

Zimmerman is guilty of murder. The stand your ground law is a complete joke.

Bull****

A young man has been killed because he assaulted a man in a State in a country where the self-defence laws actually favour the victim and not the criminal. Stand your ground should be the standard everywhere.
Reply 133
Original post by DorianGrayism
Nothing you have written about is recent or adds anything to what is already known about the case.

and neither does your comment.
Reply 134
Original post by MrJon
it's recentley emerged Trayvon martin was a a bit of a bad boy.

The following is taken from the Miami Herald.

a more complicated portrait began to emerge of a teenager whose problems at school ranged from getting spotted defacing lockers to getting caught with a marijuana baggie and women’s jewelry.

In October, a school police investigator said he saw Trayvon on the school surveillance camera in an unauthorized area “hiding and being suspicious.” Then he said he saw Trayvon mark up a door with “W.T.F” an acronym for “what the f---.” The officer said he found Trayvon the next day and went through his book bag in search of the graffiti marker.

Instead the officer reported he found women’s jewelry and a screwdriver that he described as a “burglary tool,” according to a Miami-Dade Schools Police report obtained by The Miami Herald.

Trayvon’s backpack contained 12 pieces of jewelry, in addition to a watch and a large flathead screwdriver, according to the report, which described silver wedding bands and earrings with diamonds.

Trayvon was asked if the jewelry belonged to his family or a girlfriend.

“Martin replied it’s not mine. A friend gave it to me,” he responded, according to the report. Trayvon declined to name the friend.

Trayvon was not disciplined because of the discovery, but was instead suspended for graffiti, according to the report. School police impounded the jewelry and sent photos of the items to detectives at Miami-Dade police for further investigation.

Trayvons twitter account also revealed he had swung as a bus conducter a week earlier. Trayvons Twitter is @ NO_Limit_***** (N1qqa)

I'm not sure how any of this is relevant. Regardless of whether or not he was a "bad boy" he was obviously unarmed and minding his own business when Zimmerman decided to pursue him. I'm not sure what the point is of bringing up him having a few MINOR issues, which have NOTHING to do with the shooting incident
Original post by Steevee
Bull****

A young man has been killed because he assaulted a man in a State in a country where the self-defence laws actually favour the victim and not the criminal. Stand your ground should be the standard everywhere.

So assault warrants popping a cap in someones ass?

It's the events which lead up to the alleged assault which have to be taken into account too. A black youth should be allowed to walk through a neighbourhood with skittles in his had without being pursued.
Original post by jacketpotato
Nonsense. Are you really suggesting that young white people wearing hoodies are never seen as suspicious? Have you never been to a chavvy area before?

The problem I have is this. If a man walked into a police station with injuries on the back of his head and face, and said he killed a white teen in self-defence, and the white teen was a known criminal; people wouldn't notice. The only reason people notice this case is because Travyon is black. Really, Trayvon's ethnicity has nothing to do with any of this.

Yeh. White people with or without hoodies are not generally seen as suspicious because, as a group, they don't commit as much crime as Blacks. Just look at the stop and search statistics for this country.

Zimmerman didn't walk into a police station. Neither did he or the police know Trayvon was a criminal because Trayvon was never convicted of a crime. So I am not sure why you are bothering to use that analogy.
Reply 137
Original post by Steevee
Well I'm sorry to disagree with you AJ, but although Zimmerman went against advice, he certainly wasn't emperically in the wrong. And the assault that followed gave him due justification to use the force he did.

OT. In my opinion and from what I know of the story, it's a case of a wannabe gangster jumping a guy with a bit of a complex who seems like he was a wannabe cop. As it is, the wannabe gangster came off worse, and I can't say I feel bad about that.

He was walking, MINDING HIS OWN BUSINESS, before being pursued by a strange guy in a strange neighbourhood. I give Trayvon ALL RIGHT to hit him before he got attacked. This kid was UNARMED - he obviously had NOT intention of doing anything! How can you possibly try to justify that?
Original post by MrJon
and neither does your comment.

Well, it wasn't meant to.
Reply 139
Original post by original_username
So assault warrants popping a cap in someones ass?

It's the events which lead up to the alleged assault which have to be taken into account too. A black youth should be allowed to walk through a neighbourhood with skittles in his had without being pursued.

Original post by dgeorge
He was walking, MINDING HIS OWN BUSINESS, before being pursued by a strange guy in a strange neighbourhood. I give Trayvon ALL RIGHT to hit him before he got attacked. This kid was UNARMED - he obviously had NOT intention of doing anything! How can you possibly try to justify that?

Perhaps you should read the details of the case. Trayvon was not 'pursued', but followed, at a distance. Followed because he was acting suspiciously in Zimmerman's neigherhood. Trayvon then decides to confront, and attack this man, walking out of his way to do so. Infact, walking back the way he came to confront Zimmerman, at which point Trayvon assaults Zimmerman, knocks him to the ground and begins to punch him in the head. Zimmerman at this points pulls his gun, Trayvon moves for the gun and Zimmerman fires.

If Trayvon had just kept walking, everything would have been fine. If Trayvon had not assaulted Zimmerman everything would have been fine. Don't be so naive. Trayvon was not some innocent kid and Zimmerman is not a racist monster.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending