The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Arsenal can't even beat our reserve team. I'm willing to bet we tried to defend the whole match and played for a draw italian style.
(I didn't watch the match)
Reply 9541
Original post by CB91
What a ****ing awful match.

Thank god for Classico later on huh? :tongue:
i can't believe I just watched that ****
Gervinho had an good game. At least he didn't stop every time he got the ball to admire the scenery around him.
Original post by Darth Vader 7
Team didn't play badly, Chelsea just set out to defend. However, individuals such as Van Persie, Ramsey and Song had poor matches. Hopefully, this'll be the difference next season when we can substitute on Podolski.

It was a dire match, boring from the start, we did do a little better when Diaby and Santos come on but that was it to be honest. I don't think those three did particularly bad, it was just a collective average performance except for the defence, Koscielny in particular.

I paid special attention to Ramsey today and he was not very good in the first half, he did step up in the second half and pulled of some very nice passes but he thinks to much on the ball and that is obviously due to the lack of confidence, his passing was also one-dimensional in the first half but compared to what he can do, not great again.

RVP should have scored a goal or two, Koscielny had a great chance as well but apart from that, nothing spectacular.
Original post by jam277
Arsenal can't even beat our reserve team. I'm willing to bet we tried to defend the whole match and played for a draw italian style.

Sad times when your £50 million striker is considered a reserves player. Isn't it?
Pretty much shows are lack of depth up front. RvP has played 90 minutes in almost every game of the season, and it shows.
We've played 2 more games than Spurs and Newcastle and they are both 6 points behind us :erm:

Don't be an idiot and pass judgement then :facepalm2:
Chamakh to start next game, put RVP on the bench lets see how we do without him. sub him on if we are playing like today.
Sad times when your £50 million striker is considered a reserves player. Isn't it?

Haha banter. Well, the players that faced barca, only 3 out of the 11 started against barcelona, shows how much we rated you guys. If malouda's on the pitch, then it's obvious that we didn't rate you guys.
Original post by facdroit
Thank god for Classico later on huh? :tongue:
i can't believe I just watched that ****

True. If Madrid actually make a game of it (like in the Super Copa and Copa Del Rey) rather than trying to maim every Barca player, the football on show would be :coma:
Original post by In2deep
It was a dire match, boring from the start, we did do a little better when Diaby and Santos come on but that was it to be honest. I don't think those three did particularly bad, it was just a collective average performance except for the defence, Koscielny in particular.

I paid special attention to Ramsey today and he was not very good in the first half, he did step up in the second half and pulled of some very nice passes but he thinks to much on the ball and that is obviously due to the lack of confidence, his passing was also one-dimensional in the first half but compared to what he can do, not great again.

RVP should have scored a goal or two, Koscielny had a great chance as well but apart from that, nothing spectacular.

RVP couldn't do anything on his right foot and that was really stunting his ability to get the goal. He seems a little jaded at the moment. He shouldn't be as we have ample time to rest in between fixtures.

Ramsey was decent but lost the ball too much. Same with Song. Extremely average.

Koscielny was playing amazingly today. Definitely our best CB.

Original post by jam277
Haha banter. Well, the players that faced barca, only 3 out of the 11 started against barcelona, shows how much we rated you guys. If malouda's on the pitch, then it's obvious that we didn't rate you guys.

What does that even mean? You didn't rate us? :lolwut:

All it proves is that you have given up on qualifying for the CL via top 4.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by jam277

:facepalm2:

You're an idiot.
Reply 9552

You killed it :biggrin:

On a side note, im confident we will get 3rd. Its still in our own hands!
I think these few games have showed us just what happens to this arsenal team when van persie isn't on form.
We were flat in general today, and van Persie was very wasteful.

I'm not going to dwell on the penalty shout, because it's probably already been done to death.

Gibbs and Koscielny were fantastic today, although the former spent a bit too much time going forward. Diaby looked surprisingly good (i.e. much better than Ramsey) when he came on, and Santos and Gervinho looked sharp and creative when they come on, Santos especially.

The team will be ruing those two hits on the woodwork in particular, but in the end I guess I'd probably take a draw.
Reply 9555
Original post by jam277

Get your stitches ready to sewup cahills and terrys bumholes after the barca game next week bro :ahee:
Original post by In2deep
We've played 2 more games than Spurs and Newcastle and they are both 6 points behind us :erm:

Don't be an idiot and pass judgement then :facepalm2:

I just said that I bet that we tried to play for a draw today. I'm not passing judgement. We played our reserves team too, that's obvious since 3 out of the 11 played against barca on wednesday so in what way am I being an idiot?

Sorry you couldn't beat our second team today. Well done if you finish above us this year too. Hasn't happened in a while.

I'm not even wumming, just saying it how it is. No need to get angry. I didn't say we dominated you this match. I just said you couldn't beat our second team with your best team you could put out.
:biggrin:

Original post by vn2009
Get your stitches ready to sewup cahills and terrys bumholes after the barca game next week bro :ahee:

Think everyone said that above wednesday too. I think it was more dani alves getting raped by ramires, giving it to the drog and him scuffing his shot and slotting it home with our one shot on target. Your former captain was quality that game too, you would have thought he was a chelsea player in disguise.

I almost forgot :awesome:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9557
Original post by jam277

I rated john terry.....

when he slipped and let rvp through in our 5-3 win. U mad? :colone:
Original post by jam277
I just said that I bet that we tried to play for a draw today. I'm not passing judgement. We played our reserves team too, that's obvious since 3 out of the 11 played against barca on wednesday so in what way am I being an idiot?

Sorry you couldn't beat our second team today. Well done if you finish above us this year too. Hasn't happened in a while.

I'm not even wumming, just saying it how it is. No need to get angry. I didn't say we dominated you this match. I just said you couldn't beat our second team with your best team you could put out.

Original post by jam277

this is what happens to chelsea fans why they beat barcelona by one goal.

I hope Barcelona spank you hard at the Nou camp.

Latest