The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CharlieBoardman
I'm watching these Death Note programmes that cubic told me about, they're quite gripping!

I've not been on facebook much recently, I find it quite boring - same old shiz everyday! TSR is much better :biggrin:

Same facebook sucks now...
Reply 6801
Morning. :smile:
Original post by g.k.galloway
Morning Peeps :smile: sleep well?

Original post by Cubic
Morning. :smile:

Morning people! Woke up to a rainstorm outside my window, worst rain I've seen in a long time!

Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Same facebook sucks now...

it really does! I tries to 'convert' a couple of friends of mine to TSR, but they weren't having any of it :frown:
Reply 6803
Morning people! Woke up to a rainstorm outside my window, worst rain I've seen in a long time!

it really does! I tries to 'convert' a couple of friends of mine to TSR, but they weren't having any of it :frown:

I'm curious, have you been watching sub or dub death note?

I tried to tell my friends but they said it was sad :lol:
For anyone who likes classical/piano music, this is really good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhuGfmoIv_M&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Original post by Cubic
I'm curious, have you been watching sub or dub death note?

Dub, I couldn't find a website which provided sub videos which didn't need Flash to play. iPads don't support Flash, so I couldn't watch them :frown: I've had to stick to YouTube

I tried to tell my friends but they said it was sad :lol:

Yes, I got the same response :P they don't understand do they? :biggrin:
Reply 6807
My first exam is in 11 days :frown: Starting to feel more nervous /:
Original post by Zigggyy.

15 days till my first exam. All my early ones in May are easy. French, Citizenship, English Lit and Science.
My harder ones sre in June: History, Geography, stats
I feel like I need somene to talk to about my exams so:
RE : I'm ready
Citizenship: learn a few more key words and I'll be fine
French: I'm ready
Science: Learn C3 and revise that and I'll be fine
English lit: I'm otite, maybe a bit of revision for Mice of men
Geography: I'm ready
History: A few more past questions and I'm ready
Stats: Im ready
CGP Biology Book asks concerning Unit 3:
"3) Why do the leaves care if carbon dioxide gets to their cells or not?". Am I the only one who sees why this question sounds stupid?
In either case, what is the answer? (Book doesn't provide answers for most summary questions).

I also do not know the answer to "Name the chest cavity that's above the diaphragm". Maybe it's because the book doesn't explicitly state what a chest cavity is? Anyone know the answer? I wrote "Bronuchs?".
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Zigggyy.

Don't stress yourself out wayy to much!!
Hopefully you'll be okay:smile: Just have faith in yourself!
Mine start on 21st May and end on 25th June!
When do your exams end??
I feel like I need somene to talk to about my exams so:
RE : I'm ready
Citizenship: learn a few more key words and I'll be fine
French: I'm ready
Science: Learn C3 and revise that and I'll be fine
English lit: I'm otite, maybe a bit of revision for Mice of men
Geography: I'm ready
History: A few more past questions and I'm ready
Stats: Im ready
Sounds good! You've done a lot better than I have revision wise! :biggrin:

Maths: I'll have to get to grips with the graph stuff, but other than that I'm almost there.
English Lang: Ready
English Lit: Ready
Science: A bit of physics revision needed, a couple more past papers and I'm good to go
Geography: Need to revise the case studies and stop getting Ds and Es in my mocks. :emo:
History: Kill me now.
Original post by justanotherindigo
I'm also doing this:smile::smile:
How's revision going?

Oh pretty well. We had a mock (sort of mash-up of both papers) the first week back after Easter!
Not yet marked but I'm quite confident. Getting hyped up now - due to May bank holiday on the 7th, tomorrow is my LAST EVER Monday before exams :woo:

Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Im doing this exam as-well. what exam board? im on edexcel. :tongue:
How are you revising for listening ? = I asked my teacher for films, websites, radio, TV sites, music, audio clips for all past papers for the current specification and transcript to translate it/mark the paper. Apparently, I heard the CGP Revision purple book is very good? For reading i done every past paper for the old specification and current specification trying to maintain an 80%+ Average. Going to attempt AS French reading past paper just for that extra mile. :rolleyes:
Hello 100 UMS :cool:

correct me if im wrong;
Edexcel GCSE Listening Paper = May 14Th.
Edexcel GCSE Reading Paper = May 17Th. :confused:

Those are the exams! Listening is my first... revising via old papers (although spec has changed) and using mafrance.co.uk and Linguascope.
Luckily, I get really high marks in Reading so not too much needed there :biggrin:
According to my teacher, I need to get 2 MARKS higher than I did in my mocks to get an A*
:jive:
Hope I do it! And that you do toooooooooo :tongue:

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :goodluck:
Original post by Pandora.
Sounds good! You've done a lot better than I have revision wise! :biggrin:

Maths: I'll have to get to grips with the graph stuff, but other than that I'm almost there.
English Lit: Ready
Science: A bit of physics revision needed, a couple more past papers and I'm good to go
Geography: Need to revise the case studies and stop getting Ds and Es in my mocks. :emo:
History: Kill me now.

I'm pretty much in the same shoes as you aswell! But I have a long way to go....

Maths:more practise on geometry then I'm fine
English Lit: Ready (except for poetry!)
Science: okay, not too bad:smile:
History: Ready
Citizenship: Ready
Business: A bit more practise with past papers
Arabic: Need more practise with writing skills:biggrin:

When do your exams start??:wink:
Good Luck!!
Original post by Alexandra's Box
Oh pretty well. We had a mock (sort of mash-up of both papers) the first week back after Easter!
Not yet marked but I'm quite confident. Getting hyped up now - due to May bank holiday on the 7th, tomorrow is my LAST EVER Monday before exams :woo:

:lol:
That's really good:biggrin:
You're really lucky! I don't get study leave, and I have 17 exams!!!!
Reply 6816
I'm not really ready tbh lol
Reply 6817
Original post by iJess
I'm not really ready tbh lol

Join the club, I've got a long way to go yet.
Original post by c3ntury
Join the club, I've got a long way to go yet.

Same, a very long way.
Original post by InvertedLayman
CGP Biology Book asks concerning Unit 3:
"3) Why do the leaves care if carbon dioxide gets to their cells or not?". Am I the only one who sees why this question sounds stupid?
In either case, what is the answer? (Book doesn't provide answers for most summary questions).

I also do not know the answer to "Name the chest cavity that's above the diaphragm". Maybe it's because the book doesn't explicitly state what a chest cavity is? Anyone know the answer? I wrote "Bronuchs?".

i thought it was your thorax?..might be wrong though

Latest