The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GreenLantern1
13th May. How do you have an exam on a Sunday?

I meant 14th, sorry.
Reply 7661
Original post by Justin122
Edexcel. And filling out each musical device for each set work on a piece of paper then testing myself by writing a generic question that might come up in the exam and trying to answer it. Very tedious, but seems to work.

Yeah I'm with Edexcel as well.

I'm doing something similar to you - noting down at least two aspects of harmony, timbre, context etc. for each set work.

Which set work is your favourite/ least faourite btw?
Original post by Justin122
I meant 14th, sorry.

Klkl was just wondering if they did things differently with music or something!

I have my first exam 15 May.
Probably going to have to revise today! Need to get started with geography notes.

Am I the only person who actually likes ICT; we did the GCSE in Year 8 and 9. Though I must say the AS is tiresome and actually a lot harder than GCSE (ICT hard? I know right) so it has made me like it a fair bit less.

Original post by CharlieBoardman
See, I wish we had done GCSE ICT, which is more respected than our crappy OCR 100% coursework course. I would have much preferred to sit an exam in it also, and cut down the amount of coursework. My course became so boring. It is notoriously easy, but incredibly boring.

Hey guys I have another maths question :biggrin: Could you please help? Thanks.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1991706&p=37419956#post37419956
Original post by blueray

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1991706&p=37419956#post37419956

More "random-ism" at least pm them instead of quoting :biggrin:
Original post by USB
Yeah I'm with Edexcel as well.

I'm doing something similar to you - noting down at least two aspects of harmony, timbre, context etc. for each set work.

Which set work is your favourite/ least faourite btw?

My least favourite is probably the whole Area of Study 1 as there's just so much to learn for each of them, but Chopin is a really nice piece to listen to so I don't mind too much. My favourite would have to be either Miles Davis or Jeff Buckley as they're not too hard to write about and are the most "normal" sounding out of all of them, haha!

How about you?
Original post by usycool1
Apparantly though, AQA are going to raise their boundaries this year. Or maybe our teacher was just trying to scare us :tongue:

Eyy wut?! Now you're trying to scare me!! Besides how would your teacher even know that..

Also having already attained an A in GCSE maths, do you reckon I could revise in 10 days (study leave, nothing but maths) and get an A*? Or should I add another week.

Might as well give myself more time mannn need to plan.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by blueray

I keeop getting there too late. Damn!
How is everyone's revision coming along? Mine is coming along but I dont think I am doing enough work and my first exam is in 10 days :frown:
I keeop getting there too late. Damn!

No your not :biggrin: You can help answer my last quote :smile:
Reply 7670
First exam in 9 days and I've barely revised for it ahhh
Original post by InvertedLayman
Eyy wut?! Now you're trying to scare me!! Besides how would your teacher even know that..

Ikr :frown: Apparently, after the B2 GCSE Biology exam last year, the examiners were concerned about the standards of work people produce or something like that. Our teacher claimed that AQA sent a letter with the results last year saying that it will be harder to score an A* in the future. It sounds quite ridiculous, but after our French teacher gave us our c/a results back, she said something like, "I can't be certain about what grade these are as apparently, it's going to be harder to score an A* this year. Well, that's what the science department told us anyway..." I started believing it :frown:

I sincerely hope it's not true as I really want an A* :frown:
Ikr :frown: Apparently, after the B2 GCSE Biology exam last year, the examiners were concerned about the standards of work people produce or something like that. Our teacher claimed that AQA sent a letter with the results last year saying that it will be harder to score an A* in the future. It sounds quite ridiculous, but after our French teacher gave us our c/a results back, she said something like, "I can't be certain about what grade these are as apparently, it's going to be harder to score an A* this year. Well, that's what the science department told us anyway..." I started believing it :frown:

I sincerely hope it's not true as I really want an A* :frown:

If true, that's unfair and a little stupid. Stupid because there is only ONE set of examinations left for the specification anyway, they took their time in making things "harder" if this turns out to be correct.

A* in Unit 3 Sciences can range anywhere between 32/45 to 36/45. Let's hope it doesn't go any higher than the latter.
If true, that's unfair and a little stupid. Stupid because there is only ONE set of examinations left for the specification anyway, they took their time in making things "harder" if this turns out to be correct.

A* in Unit 3 Sciences can range anywhere between 32/45 to 36/45. Let's hope it doesn't go any higher than the latter.

You know, I think I may email the exam board later this week (after the Bank Holiday tomorrow) to ask them if this is true...

But yeah, it is unfair and stupid.
You know, I think I may email the exam board later this week (after the Bank Holiday tomorrow) to ask them if this is true...

But yeah, it is unfair and stupid.

Lol okay then but even if it is true and if they admit it, there's nothing we can do but revise, practice and do some more practice.

Remember though for Edexcel's outgoing maths specification, they made the linear exam extremely easy. Not only that, but you needed something like 158/200 for an A*. Unit 3's are already 'low' but I just hope the questions aren't too difficult.
Oh dear. Just over two weeks until my first exam, and my revision is already down the pan. At least it's only English for now though. There's a big break between most of the rest.
Original post by Pandora.
Oh dear. Just over two weeks until my first exam, and my revision is already down the pan. At least it's only English for now though. There's a big break between most of the rest.

haha yh, my first one is an RE.

See that your a mod now!
Original post by Sheel1
haha yh, my first one is an RE.

See that your a mod now!
Feeling confident for it? :smile:

I am indeed! :biggrin:
Lol okay then but even if it is true and if they admit it, there's nothing we can do but revise, practice and do some more practice.

Remember though for Edexcel's outgoing maths specification, they made the linear exam extremely easy. Not only that, but you needed something like 158/200 for an A*. Unit 3's are already 'low' but I just hope the questions aren't too difficult.

I am doing the new Edexcel Linear Maths GCSE eams both this June. My god I hope the boundaries are that low - it would be great :smile:
Why is the OCR website always down when it comes near to exams?

Latest