The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I can't wait to watch the new episode later! Although a deviation from the book is bugging me.

Spoiler

Love this new Jaquen h'ghar assassin guy :biggrin:

Also, any idea where Benjen Stark is?
Definitely one of the best episodes so far.

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)

Tyrion :adore:
And now I've struck a king, did my hand fall off at the wrist?!
lol someone already made a gif and put it on the internet, boy the world moves fast.

I didn't find this episode to be anything special tbh, especially as a book reader since this episode has deviated the most so far from the source material. I loved season 1 as it stuck pretty close to the books all in all. However season 2 is a different story and while I completely understand condensing and cutting parts where necessary to fit the book into 10 episodes, I do not understand or appreciate seemingly pointless changes and additions of little substance that detract from the quality of the narritive and take up valuable screen time that could be used to show events from the book.
(edited 11 years ago)
Fed up of watching the series in poor quality, I don't have Sky Atlantic, so I can't watch it on TV. Anyone know a good place to watch the episodes in good quality? I watched this weeks episode anyway, so it would be for next week and future use :tongue:.
Original post by Some random guy
lol someone already made a gif and put it on the internet, boy the world moves fast.

I didn't find this episode to be anything special tbh, especially as a book reader since this episode has deviated the most so far from the source material. I loved season 1 as it stuck pretty close to the books all in all. However season 2 is a different story and while I completely understand condensing and cutting parts where necessary to fit the book into 10 episodes, I do not understand or appreciate seemingly pointless changes and additions of little substance that detract from the quality of the narritive and take up valuable screen time that could be used to show events from the book.

Yeah, I agree. The first book and the first series were pretty consistent, but the second series seems to deviate from the book a fair bit.

I still haven't even completely finished reading the 2nd book yet, though :lol:
Original post by Unfair Life
Fed up of watching the series in poor quality, I don't have Sky Atlantic, so I can't watch it on TV. Anyone know a good place to watch the episodes in good quality? I watched this weeks episode anyway, so it would be for next week and future use :tongue:.

I recommend downloading from TPB. There are streams you can find on sites such as Blendseries, but downloading tends to be better quality and saves you a lot of frustration in finding a good link with a steady buffering rate. Though legit torrents can take up to half a day after the episode airs to be uploaded while streams tend to be up just a few hours after the episode airs.

Hope that was helpful :smile:

I do not understand or appreciate seemingly pointless changes and additions of little substance that detract from the quality of the narritive and take up valuable screen time that could be used to show events from the book.

What specific alteration are you referring to? I don't think the deviation is that much of a problem and I wouldn't say that it detracts from the quality at all. The first series was brilliant and so is the second one so far and I trust that Benioff and Weiss know what they are doing.
Reply 1270
Just watched it...**** just got real
Reply 1271
Definitely the best episode so far this series, which overall I've found a bit disappointing compared to series 1 :/

Episode 7 preview
[video="youtube;RaVcUyzc-dA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaVcUyzc-dA[/video]
Reply 1272
^ Theon is pulling an interesting facial expression there.

Anyways this was the best episode of season 2 by far, loved the bits with The Hound. Despite him being allied to Joffrey, I still like him.
Original post by Boom533
Love this new Jaquen h'ghar assassin guy :biggrin:

Also, any idea where Benjen Stark is?

Nope. If the TV series carries on at the rate of the books ,i.e. one paperback book per season, by the end of the seventh season we still won't know where Benjen Stark is. Unless George Martin manages to complete the next book before then, which isn't as likely as I'd hope.
Reply 1274
Some of the changes from the book do seem a but random, but I won't judge them until I see where it ends ups

Spoiler

And tbf some of the changes have made the show better, the Arya/Tywin scenes have been my favourites this season.

And Theon's a dickhead, can't stand him.

Was a good episode, 8/10.
Original post by briesandwich
I can't wait to watch the new episode later! Although a deviation from the book is bugging me.

Spoiler

[spoiler] the only thing I can think of is that its technically him keeping her and the rest of the common people safe from the mountain/the tickler.

*Possible minor book spoilers*

Spoiler

Reply 1277
I think I prefer big deviations from the book such as in this episode, it messes with my mind less :tongue: As its own story, it's going well, and there's that incentive to see how story arcs are reconciled with the book.

Dragons being stolen

Ygritte half escaping

Also, Osha and Theon is probably something I'd have found annoying before, but I actually found that funny. Not in a good way, I suppose, because it was the writers shoehorning sex in wherever they had half an excuse again, but perhaps I'm getting used to it.

Presumably Arya uses the third name on same person

God, I hate what they're doing to Jon in this show! They're making him stupid, which he's not. Or is it the actor's fault? I really hope they're doing that just so they can show how

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Really don't like the way they're making Jon into a little bitch.

I think the way they're portraying him now is going to destroy the whole drastic change in character we see in the 4th and 5th book, assuming they get that far :colonhash:

Latest