Reply 21
Hello :smile:
I'm pleased we now have four of us :smile:
Looking forward to it ?
You applie for accommodation yet ?
Reply 22
*d
Reply 23
I'm coming to the end of first year of geography...if you have any questions feel free to ask :biggrin:

So is Vitamin D, but I wouldn't trust her judgement of the course :P
Original post by Sarky.
I'm coming to the end of first year of geography...if you have any questions feel free to ask :biggrin:

So is Vitamin D, but I wouldn't trust her judgement of the course :P

See my icon.
Reply 25
Whats the first year been like for you studying geography and social side :smile: ?
4th Person :biggrin:

Im doing geography and environmental science!

And im in belmont flats
* 5th :colondollar:
Reply 28
I think out of everyone so far who is going this year i'm the only one who seems to be doing just Geography hahaha :P but i'm glad some people are !! what flat are you in Belmont flats ? im still waiting to be allocated :smile:
make that four lol :smile: x
Reply 30
Original post by suzanneyoung
Whats the first year been like for you studying geography and social side :smile: ?

There's the Geography and Environmental Science society which have done a few pub crawls this year, but you mostly meet people in workshops (or if you meet people on nights out, in your flat etc!) . Its not the most sociable course, at least it hasn't this year.

Workload is ok, it peaks halfway through the term, this semester we had back to back assignments! Although we all left this on the feedback forms so it might change for you next year :smile:.

Don't think there's any course changes either.

Are you doing Geography as a degree or with anything else? Also, MA or BSc? The modules you choose depend on which you applied for!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 31
Im doing just Geography and thats it. Then i want to go on to teaching and im doing BSc so more physical modules ? (well I hope so)
We will make Geography sociable this year it will be our task hahaha ! :P

I got my accommodation today I'm in heathfield flat 62 where did you stay ?
Original post by suzanneyoung

From the perspective of someone who admittedly has a relaxed approach to studying, first year is easy in terms of the work. There is a lot of assignments and workshops can get tedious but it's not difficult. As for the social aspect I know a good handful of people but there aren't many organised nights out (aside from the one currently being talked about for after exams - so badly needed), but it's cool. Easy to get to know people because a lot of us tend to take the same modules (particularly the Geography & Environmental Science ones) so you see the same people a lot of the time, and workshops encourage you to work in groups so you can chat to people if you want.
I've just got my offer for Geography and environmental sustainability, have no idea about accomodation though, do we just get allocated somewhere?
Reply 34
Original post by Sarky.
There's the Geography and Environmental Science society which have done a few pub crawls this year, but you mostly meet people in workshops (or if you meet people on nights out, in your flat etc!) . Its not the most sociable course, at least it hasn't this year.

Workload is ok, it peaks halfway through the term, this semester we had back to back assignments! Although we all left this on the feedback forms so it might change for you next year :smile:.

Don't think there's any course changes either.

Are you doing Geography as a degree or with anything else? Also, MA or BSc? The modules you choose depend on which you applied for!

We will definitely make it sociable this year! I'm doing geography and environmental science too, do you guys remember what other subjects were available to take in the first year? you know how you have to choose three? :smile:
Reply 35
Original post by Richard Lambert1
I've just got my offer for Geography and environmental sustainability, have no idea about accomodation though, do we just get allocated somewhere?

they will send you an email soon and you apply from that email :smile:
Reply 37

It's no problem :smile: do you mean like what module am I doing in geography at the moment ?
Yea, im still on weather :s-smilie: and human geography teacher has gone to Barcelona for 2 weeks hahaha, doesnt look like ill get a B in geog at the moment. :eek:
Reply 39
Yea, im still on weather :s-smilie: and human geography teacher has gone to Barcelona for 2 weeks hahaha, doesnt look like ill get a B in geog at the moment. :eek:

we did weather last year in lower sixth form dont worry just keep revising hard !!! you'll be fine :smile: but silly teacher going away ! im busy doing , superpowers , bridging development gap , energy, water conflicts and biodiversity and the technological fix I have to know them all for my exam :frown: !!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending