The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Interview

Hi, my name is Aleeza Yusaf and I am currently in S6.

I have been invited for an interview at the University of Dundee to study Oral Health Sciences. I was looking for some guidance or tips that will be useful going into the interview. It will be an online panel interview.

Thanks

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aleeza_092
Hi, my name is Aleeza Yusaf and I am currently in S6.

I have been invited for an interview at the University of Dundee to study Oral Health Sciences. I was looking for some guidance or tips that will be useful going into the interview. It will be an online panel interview.

Thanks

Hey Aleeza, I know it’s a year later and a long shot. Are you able to chat about the interview process still? Iv just applied for dundee! Xx
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
Original post by leylabegum123
Hey Aleeza, I know it’s a year later and a long shot. Are you able to chat about the interview process still? Iv just applied for dundee! Xx

Hey Leyla, yes no worries!! Hope everything goes well with your application. What would you like to know? Xx
Hey Leyla, yes no worries!! Hope everything goes well with your application. What would you like to know? Xx

Oh wow i wasn’t expecting such a fast reply tysm! I have just applied 2 weeks ago and im starting to get nervous as my friends are getting unconditionals! How long did it take to get an interview at dundee/rejection x

Also what were you grades like if you don’t mind me asking. x
Reply 5
Also what were you grades like if you don’t mind me asking. x

I was the same as you, worrying that all my friends had gotten their offers etc but not to worry. I got my interview offer on the 23rd January so relatively late in comparison to other courses. My interview wasn’t until February.

In terms of grades, in my highers, I got A in english, A in geography, B in human Bio, B in chemistry (which I retook in S6) and B in art. I did higher maths as well but that was something else 😭 I got AAB in S5 and BB in S6 along with two advanced highers.

I got my offer way later than my interview date so don’t worry too much about that. I didn’t get my offer until May I believe so it’ll be a long wait but i’m sure you’ll be just fine!!

Let me know if you need anymore help!!
I was the same as you, worrying that all my friends had gotten their offers etc but not to worry. I got my interview offer on the 23rd January so relatively late in comparison to other courses. My interview wasn’t until February.

In terms of grades, in my highers, I got A in english, A in geography, B in human Bio, B in chemistry (which I retook in S6) and B in art. I did higher maths as well but that was something else 😭 I got AAB in S5 and BB in S6 along with two advanced highers.

I got my offer way later than my interview date so don’t worry too much about that. I didn’t get my offer until May I believe so it’ll be a long wait but i’m sure you’ll be just fine!!

Let me know if you need anymore help!!

Aww bless yeh that’s literally me i’m over here panicking but thats reassured me so much honestly thank you millions.

Your grades are amazing you should be so proud. I got a B in english and a B in psychology for my s5 highers. Im retaking higher maths (agreed absolutely something else lol), chemistry and biology which i’m predicted ABB this year (s6) last year i didn’t to too well! Im not doing any advanced highers also. My national 5s I got 4As a B and a C. However I am also working part time as a trainee dental nurse which i’m hoping will help abit with my experience side.

May is absolutely crazy to get an offer wow! What was your offer? Do you have any tips for interviews and also did you apply anywhere else? And of course are you enjoying your time at dundee!!?? Assuming you went there ofc.

Ps I work with one of the hygienest who also works at dundee uni her names Aimee.

Iv also applied for Glasgow Caledonian, Highlands and islands and newcastle 😅

If you would rather not share all that on here your welcome to chat on insta or something x
(edited 4 months ago)
Aww bless yeh that’s literally me i’m over here panicking but thats reassured me so much honestly thank you millions.

Your grades are amazing you should be so proud. I got a B in english and a B in psychology for my s5 highers. Im retaking higher maths (agreed absolutely something else lol), chemistry and biology which i’m predicted ABB this year (s6) last year i didn’t to too well! Im not doing any advanced highers also. My national 5s I got 4As a B and a C. However I am also working part time as a trainee dental nurse which i’m hoping will help abit with my experience side.

May is absolutely crazy to get an offer wow! What was your offer? Do you have any tips for interviews and also did you apply anywhere else? And of course are you enjoying your time at dundee!!?? Assuming you went there ofc.

Ps I work with one of the hygienest who also works at dundee uni her names Aimee.

Iv also applied for Glasgow Caledonian, Highlands and islands and newcastle 😅

If you would rather not share all that on here your welcome to chat on insta or something x

HI leyla Im hoping we can chat on social or even on this as I have also applied to Oral health sciences and dundee, edinburgh and glasgow caledonian. I literally know no one else who has applied to the same course
Reply 8
omg hi! Its so nice to finally meet someone the same. Im literally so nervous. Add my sc @leylabegum21 x

hi! i’ve also applied to oral health science would of be ok if i added you as well
Original post by Loisaa
hi! i’ve also applied to oral health science would of be ok if i added you as well

Hey, of course x
Reply 10
Original post by Loisaa

you can add me as well if you would like, my snap is alisha_iqball
Reply 11
Original post by Anonymous #1
HI leyla Im hoping we can chat on social or even on this as I have also applied to Oral health sciences and dundee, edinburgh and glasgow caledonian. I literally know no one else who has applied to the same course

Has anyone heard back from Edinburgh for an interview?
Original post by kezzagla1

hey, i never applied to edinburgh but from the people ik who have applied there have not heard anything back yet x
Reply 13

Hiya, sorry to pop into the convo, but just to let you know, not sure if this is still the case but last year I got my interview invite end of February time. So not to worry, you’ve still got plenty of time!!
Reply 14

Nope ive only heard from dundee
Reply 15
omg hi! Its so nice to finally meet someone the same. Im literally so nervous. Add my sc @leylabegum21 x

omg, im the exact same. literally know no one who has applied😭😭
Reply 16
Has anyone heard back from any unis lately?
Original post by Lesha05
Has anyone heard back from any unis lately?
hii, I heard back from Caledonian yesterday I have an interview next week, idk anyone else who’s going 😅
Original post by jess2006x
hii, I heard back from Caledonian yesterday I have an interview next week, idk anyone else who’s going 😅
omg congratulations! Iv not heard anything yet. Do you know if that’s them officially starting to hand out interviews now then? xx
omg congratulations! Iv not heard anything yet. Do you know if that’s them officially starting to hand out interviews now then? xx
thank you sm! i’m not sure if they are going to hand out more interview dates my friends r doing the same course but they haven’t been given dates for caledonian 😫 lmk if u hear anything back!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending