The Student Room Group

Splashing pedestrians?

Scroll to see replies

if you want to get your car/yourself smashed then yh
Reply 21
I'd really like to wipe that grin of her face. As for the driver, its a horrible thing to do to someone on purpose. Karma is a bitch, people need to remember that.
I have to deal with this all the time, I cycle to school along a big main road which makes really big puddles. If it's raining hard or has been raining hard cars and lorries can splash the whole pavement so that it completely goes over your head and soaks you. I go opposite to the direction traffic is coming so I can normally time it so that I don't get splashed. The way I see it, it's fair to game to splash me. You have no idea how exhilarating it is narrowly escaping being 100% drenched by a massive wave. I've been completely submersed before, it's actually kind of fun sometimes. I'm not right in the head...
Reply 23
Original post by 2_plus_X_equal_me
Has anyone done this and don't lie :tongue:

I'm only creating this thread since this nearly happened to me whilst i was eating my chips during my lunch break. Some young lads in a van (who collect scrap metal) made the effort of changing lanes just to drive through a puddle on the edge of the road to try splash me and my lovely chips covered in burger sauce. Lucky i was walking faster than i usually was.

Trust an Audi driver! Mind you the kid does look a bit chavvy, meh i'm going with they are both as bad as each other, the chav shouldn't have been standing on street corners and the Audi driver shouldn't be such an Audi driver.

Hahaha, I just saw the second chav in the concealed by the water. What a nobbish thing to do, but it deep down, it is quite funny...
(edited 11 years ago)
I've never done it but it does look hilarious to do

[video="youtube;GuIBj0R2ui4"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuIBj0R2ui4[/video]
Reply 25
Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH

Hahaha, the commentary makes that!! :biggrin:
Original post by OMG TOOTHBRUSH

Lol seems hilarious if your not the individual getting drenched in dirty water most people spit in errr, guys in my college always do that (floating mucus fkin nasty).

This is pretty similar to what my mate does on his motorcycle aprilla 125cc ( wrong spelling probz) he back fires his bike, causing anyone near by to flinch as it sounds like a drive by shooting.

[video="youtube;hlXVCVMr_pk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlXVCVMr_pk[/video]
(edited 11 years ago)
My Dad accidentally splashed some man in a suit. I felt really bad for the guy but hey, he was worth 10 points.
Reply 28
I've gone through puddles far too fast before but so far been lucky that nobody was on the pavement at the time! I've been splashed loads as a pedestrian though :frown:
Reply 29
I hate how inconsiderate many drivers are generally. When I'm driving, I give cyclists a wide berth, avoid splashing people and try to be considerate of pedestrians. When I'm walking or cycling, a lot of drivers completely ignore me and act as though pedestrians and cyclists simply don't exist in their world. I think this must be more of a thing with people who never walk or cycle and who (as in the vid above) never take a bus.
Reply 30
Original post by 2_plus_X_equal_me
Lol seems hilarious if your not the individual getting drenched in dirty water most people spit in errr, guys in my college always do that (floating mucus fkin nasty).

From YouTube - this is the guy who posted the video.

"About DJ Terry "Turbo" Lee

Hey, Welcome to my little space. I am a DJ in Faliraki, Rhodes, Greece 10 years on/off!!!! playing Dance/Funky House/Electro/RnB/Hip Hop/Club Classics/Cheese n Skool disco/Trance Anthems/Old Skool Garage."

Anyone over in Faliraki reading this?
Reply 31
If someones on the pavement i try to avoid them
You could so loose control hitting water that hard.
Reply 33
Original post by Landie_Man
You could so loose control hitting water that hard.

true, I've aquaplanned on a roundabout before, due to its shape it always collects about a foot of water round a certain bend when we get heavy rain. Creates a huge wave, though being by a roundabout pedestrians can't get hit.

That video is funny though.
Reply 34
Original post by persov
true, I've aquaplanned on a roundabout before, due to its shape it always collects about a foot of water round a certain bend when we get heavy rain. Creates a huge wave, though being by a roundabout pedestrians can't get hit.

That video is funny though.

You find drivers ruthlessly abusing pedestrians funny?
Reply 35
Original post by zara55
You find drivers ruthlessly abusing pedestrians funny?

LOL, the wording of that sentence is funny enough! Ruthlessly abusing, :LOL:
Reply 36
Original post by gbduo
LOL, the wording of that sentence is funny enough! Ruthlessly abusing, :LOL:

Oh LOL yes haha LOL yes LOL, oh God, I can hardly stop larfing.
Reply 37
Twice recently cars have tried to splash me whilst i was running. Fortunately, people tend to underestimate both the speed of a runner and the forward momentum of the water they splash, so they just missed both times.
Reply 38
Original post by gbduo
Trust an Audi driver! Mind you the kid does look a bit chavvy, meh i'm going with they are both as bad as each other, the chav shouldn't have been standing on street corners and the Audi driver shouldn't be such an Audi driver.

Wow... the barrage of stereotyping is blinding. Just because someone is wearing sports clothing he deserves to get assaulted? People like you are far worse than any 'chav'.
Reply 39
Crikey, some people need to climb down from their high horses in here. Hope the view is good and mighty.

Oh and for the record, I didn't neg either of you before you get any ideas. I don't do neg repping.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending