The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Id say the same about other things too. Sex in general has gone from mostly sinful to the opposite extreme. Hindus for example were never at one extreme and havent now gone to the other whereas we've we've replaced one sex obsession with another.

Same with feminism. Not respecting the roles women have played as being of equal importance has lead to nonsense like women arriving to rescue 10 stone blokes from burning houses.

Stupidly unfair societies brought forth communism.

We need clear minded intellectually honest people uninterested in mob politics to halt this reverberation of idiocy.
Gay people should be allowed to adopt like any other person or couple. Any other way and it is clearly a breach of their human right, discrimination and homophobia even.
Individually yeah but not as a couple in my own opinion.
do you guys think a single parent should be allowed to adopt?
Original post by Spaz Man

And why not?
Original post by muddywaters51
do you guys think a single parent should be allowed to adopt?

This isn't the current debate. If you'd like to debate that you can start your own thread.
No.
Original post by minimarshmallow
And why not?

Because I believe that children should be raised by a man and a woman.
Reply 688
Because I believe that children should be raised by a man and a woman.

This isn't a reason. Also it contradicts this:

Original post by mmmpie

There is no contradiction...
Nobody wants to play? :frown:

We were having such fun before.
Reply 691
Original post by PeterOkenla11
There is no contradiction...

People should be allowed to adopt as individuals, but a child needs a mother a father. What is not contradictory there?
Original post by mmmpie

The two statements aren't mutually exclusive.

A child *should* be raised by a man and woman and *can* be raised by a single gay or single hetrosexual person. In my opinion of course.
Reply 693
The two statements aren't mutually exclusive.

A child *should* be raised by a man and woman and *can* be raised by a single gay or single hetrosexual person. In my opinion of course.

And how do you get from that logic to "*should not* be raised by a same-sex couple"?
Original post by mmmpie
And how do you get from that logic to "*should not* be raised by a same-sex couple"?

Because if raised by a couple, they should be raised by a hetrosexual one, not a homosexual one. That's my opinion.
Because if raised by a couple, they should be raised by a hetrosexual one, not a homosexual one. That's my opinion.

I know what your opinion is. What is the justification for it?
Original post by mmmpie
People should be allowed to adopt as individuals, but a child needs a mother a father. What is not contradictory there?

Its the way you interpretated it, which i now see, different from the way i had.
I interpretated it as him seperating what 'should be' and what he believes 'should be'.
'A man and a woman should raise a child. However i believe that other people can also raise a child. Should it be gays? I believe they should do, not as a couple but individually'.
Reply 697

They should be raised by a heterosexual couple. Wow. Compelling stuff.
Original post by minimarshmallow
I know what your opinion is. What is the justification for it?

I believe that it is against the nature of God's creation for gay couples to adopt and raise children.
Reply 699
I believe that it is against the nature of God's creation for gay couples to adopt and raise children.

Yawn.

Latest

Trending

Trending