The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1340
Original post by Harley
I want to know how he manages to jet around Westeros so fast! I bet he's invented a car :wink:

That is an amazing point. Though I imagine the traffic in Kings Landing must be terrible :/
Reply 1341
Interesting article on the size of westeros:

http://www.sffworld.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-8750.html
Reply 1342
Original post by Xhotas
That is an amazing point. Though I imagine the traffic in Kings Landing must be terrible :/

Artist's impression:
Original post by Delta_Aitch
:rofl2:
:adore:

lmfao, god, you're such a bloodhound when it comes to sniffing out sources :angry:

I'm everywhere, and no where baby.
Original post by Michaelj
I'm glad they aged everyone up otherwise you'd see twenty something year olds banging little kids, and then it'd be sick. I don't think Jon acts like a teenager, just a frigid, honourable and socially awkward man. I like his story arc but I can see why people don't like the character... Anyone seen the gormless Jon/Jaime picture? It was quite funny.

Haha, I hadn't seen that before.

Reply 1345
Well this is a discussion for the people who have seen the latest episode of game of thrones. Want i want to discuss is who do u think was the hooded figure that took the dragons?

I personally think that it was the advisor for Daenerys Targaryen.

what do u guys think?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Kenan and Kel

I don't get it?>
Reply 1348
Original post by Mess.
Then people whine about his character not being at all similar to his character in the book. People whinge over everything and in this instance it really doesn't matter at all.

"Whine, whinge"... did you read the books first? For many people, Jon was one of the main characters - if not THE central character. His story in the series is a pale shadow of his story in the books. So yes, turning a storyline about the alienation of a bastard child into a storyline about an older teenager sulking like a little girl is quite a big deal for a lot of fans. I don't understand how you can fail to see this unless you haven't read the books, in which case you really shouldn't be passing comment.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1349
Original post by Harley
Artist's impression:

Is that Cat in the back? :P Has she been swooned by his pimpin' wheels?
1 down, went amazingly well. Tomorrow will be different, though. I studied more for the 1st one.
Original post by Harley
Artist's impression:

:rofl: The little goatee!

I wonder how much horsepower the car has? :wink2:

Spoiler

Original post by Rant
"Whine, whinge"... did you read the books first? For many people, Jon was one of the main characters - if not THE central character. His story in the series is a pale shadow of his story in the books. So yes, turning a storyline about the alienation of a bastard child into a storyline about an older teenager sulking like a little girl is quite a big deal for a lot of fans. I don't understand how you can fail to see this unless you haven't read the books, in which case you really shouldn't be passing comment.

I've read the books and the only thing I dislike is Dany's story tbh. I don't mind Jon's story as I'm enjoying the TV. If you don't like it, why are you wasting an hour of your life every night watching it may I ask? And why do you accuse everyone who disagrees with you of not reading the books? Perhaps your name Rant should be ****.
Reply 1353
Original post by Xhotas
Is that Cat in the back? :P Has she been swooned by his pimpin' wheels?

It was supposed to be Ros, but Cat works too :smile: Or Sansa. Or he could have driven north of the wall and picked up Ygrette :tongue:
I think the TV series of Sansa is rubbish compared to the book version of Sansa. During the second book I really sympathised with her, and in the book series in general she is probably in the top 6 main characters (along with Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Arya and Bran), but in the second TV series she just seems like an idiot! I mean saying "I hate the King, I can't trust anyone, but I can trust you." - to Shae, a random handmaiden who she has only just met. How the hell does Sansa know that she can trust Shae more than anyone else?
Reply 1355
Original post by Super Cicero
I think the TV series of Sansa is rubbish compared to the book version of Sansa. During the second book I really sympathised with her, and in the book series in general she is probably in the top 6 main characters (along with Jon, Dany, Tyrion, Arya and Bran), but in the second TV series she just seems like an idiot! I mean saying "I hate the King, I can't trust anyone, but I can trust you." - to Shae, a random handmaiden who she has only just met. How the hell does Sansa know that she can trust Shae more than anyone else?

You do know she's only like 13/14 right? In a foreign land with no real family for support/comfort, she is obviously going to open up like that to another female, especially one who is there to take care of her. makes perfect sense to me....
Original post by Shadowplay
1 down, went amazingly well. Tomorrow will be different, though. I studied more for the 1st one.

Hi, and welcome to the wrong thread.
Original post by .eXe
You do know she's only like 13/14 right? In a foreign land with no real family for support/comfort, she is obviously going to open up like that to another female, especially one who is there to take care of her. makes perfect sense to me....

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1358
Original post by Super Cicero
Well ok I suppose, but there are many other things I am annoyed about. For example, Littlefinger is being ruined in the TV series. In the books I thought Littlefinger was awesome and really cool (though not necessarily a nice or good character). However, one of the main reasons why he was cool was due to his mysteriousness - he was a bit of enigma. But in the TV series, he magically pops up in every bloody scene and location, and there are loads of random Littlefinger brothel scenes which never happen. All this takes away from the mysteriousness of Littlefinger, which was one of the best things about him.

Spoiler

Spoiler that!

Edit: And in respone to your post

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1359
He was definitely looking at her funny...

I don't feel totally convinced that Tywin doesn't know... He knows she tells a lot of lies. What would her motivation to lie be if she just came from a random family?

The other question I really wanted to ask was: why has Marcella been sent away? I thought all that was a bluff, why has he actually sent her?
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest