The Student Room Group

OCR English Literature F661

Scroll to see replies

JE was okay, but didn't write enough on Critical approaches (only mentioned two).
Browning would have been great, but my context was pitiful because I somehow forgot to write when it was written etc. Only referenced one, no quotes really. :frown:
Anyone want to reassure me? :P
Reply 121
Hmm...that didn't go too well for me. Perhaps it's just my pessimism kicking in, but I feel I could have done much better! the question for Frankenstein was relatively easy as well...

Now to start revising for my exam on Friday.
I think I just need a big ol' hug right now tbh :'/
Reply 122
Original post by f1234
Did anybody do the turn of the screw question part a

if so, what did you include? it was so difficult!

i did part a i included 1) ghost story vs physcological case study of the governess
2) ghosts appear on boundaries = gov's mental state
3) ambiguity surrounding various topics: sex, social class and Miles - represented in the ghosts to hide her reality of all these things
4) miles = henry james => his feelings are supressed eg his sexuality and his childhood

:smile: what did you write about?
Well that went surprisingly well! I did Jane Eyre and Emily Dickinson, loved the je question on setting and Dickinson was okay (would've preferred a question on death...) but nature was okay :smile:

Now bring on the physics resit tomorrow! D:
(edited 11 years ago)
who did yeats and frankenstein?
Reply 125
i did part a i included 1) ghost story vs physcological case study of the governess
3) ambiguity surrounding various topics: sex, social class and Miles - represented in the ghosts to hide her reality of all these things
4) miles = henry james => his feelings are supressed eg his sexuality and his childhood

oh no I can't believe I left out the mental state she is in when they appear!

I wrote about Quint and jessel challenging class boundaries, the ghost being a projection of the governess and her evil side and how she was repressed by society. those were my main arguments.

really hope it went alright
Original post by dlh

I also did this question and had the same kind of things included! :smile:
Reply 127
Original post by Vixen47
The head of English in my school said compare it to at least three. If the question says poems then it should be more than one(?)

I'm doing Jane Eyre and Yeats and I've only just begun revision! I'm fine with Yeats but I'm sooo stuck on Jane Eyre! Like, I know we do themes and context and all of those, but I don't know what quotes to revise/memorise. I'm also trying to go by the AOs but the fact that my teachers have literally only just started telling us what to do in the exams is scaring me and pissing me off! I got one of the best results in my class for my coursework (92% :ahee:), but I don't know if I should be expecting more than a D/C grade at this rate! Argh! I'm so pissed off! I mean, I know it's not just my teachers' fault but I just wish they gave us some guidance earlier in the year! All we've ****ing been doing was reading the poems and book, and watching three ****ing Jane Eyre movies! :rant: Argh! Sorry for the rant. :innocent: I'm only starting to realise the position I'm in. I absolutely love English, I just wish I knew what I was doing! :cry2:

hi,
how did you find the exam today?
im also did jane eyre and yeats
Reply 128
Original post by arctic95
Which Dalloway question did you choose?
I chose a) , didn't do it that great tbh because I didn't really focus on the war during the revision. But my essay was at least coherent and focused if not having a great amount of content..

I did not understand the quotation for b) so I just didn't do it..

I chose a) as well, I've always revised thematic stuff rather than narrative method/structure. Yeah, my essay was alright, but fairly average and I lost ten minutes because I went over an hour for the poetry trying to finish it off! I just wish we had more time because I felt like I could've explored so much more if I wasn't in such a panic.
Reply 129
[QUOTE="f1234;37580272"]
Original post by dlh

oh no I can't believe I left out the mental state she is in when they appear!

I wrote about Quint and jessel challenging class boundaries, the ghost being a projection of the governess and her evil side and how she was repressed by society. those were my main arguments.

really hope it went alright

oh my gosh, i really messed that question up...
i went off on really farfetched tangents :frown:

did you guys include a lot of critics and relations to other books? :s-smilie:
Did anyone else do yeats and turn of the screw, what did you write about ?:confused:
Reply 131
Did anyone do frankenstein ? or emily dickinson .

btw my handwriting was slightly messy but is it true ocr fail you cause of handwriting? getting really anxious and worried over it.
Reply 132
Original post by aisha302
Did anyone do frankenstein ? or emily dickinson .

btw my handwriting was slightly messy but is it true ocr fail you cause of handwriting? getting really anxious and worried over it.

I did Emily Dickinson. I wasn't too happy on the poem but it could have been worse, I really wanted 'It was not Death' to come up! I don't think you can do as much close analysis on 'A Bird came down the Walk' but I think I did okay, how was yours? I haven't heard that but I think if they can't read your handwriting they can't mark it :/ mine is quite messy, towards the end of the exam I always go insane and end up scrawling like a mad person!
Reply 133
i was hoping for a nature poem but not that one lol and my handwriting was rushed in that essay the most but its stupid to be worrying over handwriting ergh:/ i rushed emily dickinson so bad and didnt have much to say:frown:
Reply 134
Did anyone do the The Picture of Dorian Gray?
Seems like I am the only one...
Reply 135
i was hoping for a nature poem but not that one lol and my handwriting was rushed in that essay the most but its stupid to be worrying over handwriting ergh:/ i rushed emily dickinson so bad and didnt have much to say:frown:

You should be ok, don't worry :smile:
Reply 136
Original post by JJane
I did Emily Dickinson. I wasn't too happy on the poem but it could have been worse, I really wanted 'It was not Death' to come up! I don't think you can do as much close analysis on 'A Bird came down the Walk' but I think I did okay, how was yours? I haven't heard that but I think if they can't read your handwriting they can't mark it :/ mine is quite messy, towards the end of the exam I always go insane and end up scrawling like a mad person!

and btw are examiners trained with like handwriting are they used to reading handwriting:/
Reply 137
Original post by HQazi
You should be ok, don't worry :smile:

i wont be. but thanks i have a feeling these examiners will give me a U for my handwriting ahh english suckss
Reply 138
Original post by Wonderstruck
JE was okay, but didn't write enough on Critical approaches (only mentioned two).
Browning would have been great, but my context was pitiful because I somehow forgot to write when it was written etc. Only referenced one, no quotes really. :frown:
Anyone want to reassure me? :P

i was quite the same as you, i didn't know what to do for context, what could you have said?
also, did anybody do Dorian Grey? i am worried i have hashed up both of them :frown:
Reply 139
i wont be. but thanks i have a feeling these examiners will give me a U for my handwriting ahh english suckss

No, really. If what you wrote was good, they wont think twice about your handwritting, and anyways, you can't do anything now, just concentrate on iur other exams. Did you Dorian Gray?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending