The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peachz
Went to No 1 Lombar street for dinner with my Grandad today, it's amazing how many people, despite having all this money, wear off the rack ****e from M&S. Whilst there's nothing wrong with M&S in itself, but when you consider how much money they have, you'd think they'd at least invest in a decent suit.

Yeah we had "A Suit That Fits" in my office all day on Wednesday to answer questions, measure people up and take some orders. Pretty sure I was the only person to show any interest.
Original post by xEnvy
Not even intending to play the "I am more hipster than you" card, if you look into or are vaguely interested in raw denim you'll find our about those brands and their reputations for quality and subsequent fades and longevity.

I am interested in raw denim :s-smilie: Unfortunately don't have £200+ to spend on a pair of pure blues, oh well, have to make do with my New cures.
Reply 9782
Original post by hockeyjoe
I am interested in raw denim :s-smilie: Unfortunately don't have £200+ to spend on a pair of pure blues, oh well, have to make do with my New cures.

Pure Blues are great, my friend has a few pairs of them the only problem is how long they take to fade; he's had his current pair for about 9 months and there's still only very subtle fading.

At the moment I've got a pair of Self Edge x Imperial SEXI14s and they've finally broken in so they're starting to fade nicely now.

How long have you had the new cures?
Original post by xEnvy
Pure Blues are great, my friend has a few pairs of them the only problem is how long they take to fade; he's had his current pair for about 9 months and there's still only very subtle fading.

At the moment I've got a pair of Self Edge x Imperial SEXI14s and they've finally broken in so they're starting to fade nicely now.

How long have you had the new cures?

thats cool man, been working on the new cures since january 17th, on month 5 of the 12 month plan, liking them so far but like you said, APCs are my inagural pair. What's the fit like on those imperials?
Reply 9784
thats cool man, been working on the new cures since january 17th, on month 5 of the 12 month plan, liking them so far but like you said, APCs are my inagural pair. What's the fit like on those imperials?

Nice any pictures of fades?

Here's some of the most recent fit pics:

There's a bit more fading around the honeycombs now but not a huuuuge difference. Loving them as a pair but can't wait to be able to give them their first hot wash to get them to shrink on the inseam.
Original post by xEnvy
Nice any pictures of fades?

Here's some of the most recent fit pics:

There's a bit more fading around the honeycombs now but not a huuuuge difference. Loving them as a pair but can't wait to be able to give them their first hot wash to get them to shrink on the inseam.

nice, size? cost? nah no pictures, not many fades but i'm working on a wallet imprint in the back pocket.
Reply 9786
nice, size? cost? nah no pictures, not many fades but i'm working on a wallet imprint in the back pocket.

They're marked as a 31 so 29.5/30 after their first soak. $360.

Fair enough, although that's strange that you haven't seen much fading after like 5 months.

Yeah wallet fades come in pretty quickly.
Original post by xEnvy
They're marked as a 31 so 29.5/30 after their first soak. $360.

Fair enough, although that's strange that you haven't seen much fading after like 5 months.

Yeah wallet fades come in pretty quickly.

where'd you kop them from? yer I haven't been wearing them a massive amount.
Reply 9788
where'd you kop them from? yer I haven't been wearing them a massive amount.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=33&products_id=640

Ahh okay well rather than washing at 12 months you might as well just wash when they've faded, like the whole 6 months or 12 months guidelines in reality mean nothing, wash your jeans when they look like they need it / you want to.
Original post by xEnvy

Where'd you get that belt buddy, looks pretty sick. Also nice to see an update on your Imperials, they're coming on awesome.
Reply 9790
Original post by Fuzzed_Out
Where'd you get that belt buddy, looks pretty sick. Also nice to see an update on your Imperials, they're coming on awesome.

I got it from Self Edge when I was in San Francisco, it's a sugar cane veg tan one, its tanned a bit now and I've treated it with some mink oil so it's starting to age nicely!

Thanks mate, yeah will be wearing them again as much as possible before I head off to Marseille in the hope of some sun!
Original post by xEnvy
I got it from Self Edge when I was in San Francisco, it's a sugar cane veg tan one, its tanned a bit now and I've treated it with some mink oil so it's starting to age nicely!

Thanks mate, yeah will be wearing them again as much as possible before I head off to Marseille in the hope of some sun!

Natural veg leather is so awesome, I've got an unbranded belt and one of the 3sixteen double wrist bands, both have turned that lovely golden/brown/orange. So jealous you've been to self edge as well :tongue:
Reply 9792
Natural veg leather is so awesome, I've got an unbranded belt and one of the 3sixteen double wrist bands, both have turned that lovely golden/brown/orange. So jealous you've been to self edge as well :tongue:

Yeah it's great, I'm contemplating getting a custom wallet made by OGL. I'll post some pictures of my sugar cane tomorrow when there's some decent lighting hopefully!

Checked out all of the stores as I went across the USA, the SF one is definitely the best and it was awesome to meet Kiya.
Original post by xEnvy
Yeah it's great, I'm contemplating getting a custom wallet made by OGL. I'll post some pictures of my sugar cane tomorrow when there's some decent lighting hopefully!

Checked out all of the stores as I went across the USA, the SF one is definitely the best and it was awesome to meet Kiya.

Your not helping my jealousy issues! I reckon my first trip to the states will probably involve a detour to get my jeans darned over there when they inevitably blow out!
Reply 9794
Your not helping my jealousy issues! I reckon my first trip to the states will probably involve a detour to get my jeans darned over there when they inevitably blow out!

Haha! I got my SEXIs hemmed in NYC when I was there, was good considering they have a 40" in-seam usually so even after the soak I got 4" taken off them and then they should shrink like 1.5" after the first hot was so then they'll be perfect!

I kept the cut offs from the hemming to work as patches for reinforcement/repairs when the inevitable happens.
Reply 9795
Original post by Tokyoround
Yeah we had "A Suit That Fits" in my office all day on Wednesday to answer questions, measure people up and take some orders. Pretty sure I was the only person to show any interest.

If I ever get high in business or whatever, I'm gonna make sure everyone looks like a ****ing don. It's weird how when I/others were in school it was 'cool' to look scruffy and now I look at people and think, Jesus Christ there is no hope.
http://www.office.co.uk/mens/nike/blazer_hi_suede_vntage/21/8816/24086/1/1?fs=8816

Opinions on these anyone? Will rep.

I want a darker shade but can't find them anywhere. Can imagine these being difficult to wear as well and clashing with a lot of stuff but I like them.
Original post by xEnvy

how can you afford all this? :s-smilie:
Original post by Wilfred Little
http://www.office.co.uk/mens/nike/blazer_hi_suede_vntage/21/8816/24086/1/1?fs=8816

Opinions on these anyone? Will rep.

I want a darker shade but can't find them anywhere. Can imagine these being difficult to wear as well and clashing with a lot of stuff but I like them.

Yeah they are nice, was thinking about getting them in blue tomorrow, myself.

Get them!
Original post by AjCorbell
Yeah they are nice, was thinking about getting them in blue tomorrow, myself.

Get them!

You have been repped accordingly sir.

What would go with them though?

The only thing I can think of is beige chinos, anything else and they will clash. Torn between getting those and getting these:

http://www.size.co.uk/product/nike-air-max-1/13473/?cm_mmc=froogle-_-product_feed-_-affiliate-_-froogleprod&aid=600

They would be a bit more versatile plus I do have some blazers already, dark blue low ones. Will be buying both of these shoes possibly at the same time but just looking for opinions really.

Would kill for a pair of these but can't find them anywhere ^

Latest