The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Zassy003
Hi everyone again
Some of you may recall me I was the one that started a list then went off line (sorry)……well I damaged my ankle & after 3 weeks thinking it was just a sprain went to hospital and have 2 breaks in my leg & damaged ligaments. So a bit down with it all as worried about being Ok for rehearsals, in plaster cast 6wks till 30th May then putting me in a support boot for 4 weeks.

So looking for any input here, I’m in group 41A & got the updated schedule Saturday, the move of our first rehearsal to 7th June really knocked me, I will only be 8 days out of my plaster, the 22nd was fine as would almost be at the end of the support boot.

Do I email to coordinators to tell them now that I will be coming in a boot or leave it & just turn up (if Doc says Ok to stand 4hrs so soon after) the next rehearsal on the 28th I should be fine. I’m really worried if I email they will knock me out, as they say in the email there are a lot of eager understudies.

Zassy - SO glad to have heard from you - I was really worried that something had happened to you and had inquired on line a couple of times -poor you - it is the TSR curse I am afraid with so may of us with injuries!

The casting team are really understanding and as long as you can GET to the rehearsals I am sure everything will be fine. At our last two rehearsals there has been a guy on crutches - he was fine for the first rehearsal but then was knocked down in a car park. He has been coming to watch and has kept his place even though only observing. So I would ring the casting team, say you will be absolutely fine for the ceremony and the run up to it and see if you can sit mainly for that ist rehearsal.It is likely to be mainly admin/costume fitting anyway and your role is not a physical one ut you have been chosen for your enthusiasm. The worst is that they may need you to be ale to climb up and down steps on the night but that would not be necessary at the beginning. Good luck Zassy - you don't want to turn down this amazing chance !
Right to stop all the questioning I've dropped them an email.

In the end I would only be wearing the hoodie or t-shirt on the trains and walking round london, like any other form of clothing ..... and then taking them off for rehearsals. There is no link on the clothing mentioning the Olympics so it is just bog basic hoodie and logo.

I'll let you know what they say.
Original post by Zassy003
Hi everyone again
Some of you may recall me I was the one that started a list then went off line (sorry)……well I damaged my ankle & after 3 weeks thinking it was just a sprain went to hospital and have 2 breaks in my leg & damaged ligaments. So a bit down with it all as worried about being Ok for rehearsals, in plaster cast 6wks till 30th May then putting me in a support boot for 4 weeks.

So looking for any input here, I’m in group 41A & got the updated schedule Saturday, the move of our first rehearsal to 7th June really knocked me, I will only be 8 days out of my plaster, the 22nd was fine as would almost be at the end of the support boot.

Do I email to coordinators to tell them now that I will be coming in a boot or leave it & just turn up (if Doc says Ok to stand 4hrs so soon after) the next rehearsal on the 28th I should be fine. I’m really worried if I email they will knock me out, as they say in the email there are a lot of eager understudies.

I really think you will be fine - I'm sure they wouldn't want the hassle of replacing someone who is obviously keen and making an effort to attend. I went to one rehearsal feeling odd after food poisoning the day before and not sure I could make it through 4 hours of dance and told them when I got there that I might have to step out if it got too much and they were fine with it and have medics on hand and said I could stop at any time. So I suggest you turn up if you can - so you avoid being counted as having missed a session - but make them aware when you arrive of the issue and that you may not be able to keep going for the whole 4 hours. I think the important thing is being there, even if you sit it out, so you can keep up with what's happening. The first rehearsal is very much an orientation anyway and getting people accredited and bibbed etc and at least an hour is with everyone sat down as they take you through the 'vision' for your segment.
Reply 8583
Original post by Flakeydom
I don't think we are going to be hardcore movers and shakers so you should be fine. I would drop them a line to say that you will be recently out of plaster so nay be limited in some movement or need to sit down during first rehearsal but should be fine for second

See you on 7th. At least I will be able to find you easily if you are in a boot!

Yep i can still be 'enthuisiastic' !
Just got my husband and children tickets for opening para ceremony!!! Thrilled, but also gutted. I thought afterwards that I will probably do my it at the beginning and then be ushered away from the stadium to ease congestion. Why oh why oh why didn't I get 4 tickets and then join them? Gone from ecstatically happy to totally gutted that I didn't think about it, for another £20.12! :frown::cry2::cry2::cry::cry::cry2::cry2:

Would have made it even more special to have joined my children after doing my bit :frown:
Original post by Redthunder
Just got my husband and children tickets for opening para ceremony!!! Thrilled, but also gutted. I thought afterwards that I will probably do my it at the beginning and then be ushered away from the stadium to ease congestion. Why oh why oh why didn't I get 4 tickets and then join them? Gone from ecstatically happy to totally gutted that I didn't think about it, for another £20.12! :frown::cry2::cry2::cry::cry::cry2::cry2:

Would have made it even more special to have joined my children after doing my bit :frown:

oh no, why dont you try buy a single ticket, you may not be sat with them but at least you will be nearby then who knows where
Original post by OneAndOnlyEmmaW
oh no, why dont you try buy a single ticket, you may not be sat with them but at least you will be nearby then who knows where

Hi, thank you but I tried straight away. It wouldn't let me go back in as it kept saying I have already applied for this event! They're up to £125 tickets now and I even called to say I'll pay that (expensive mistake!) if I can then go and sit with my children, one of which is small so can sit on my knee as she'll probably spend most of the time on her Dads knee (therefore leaving a spare seat) anyway but they won't allow it.

I can't pretend I am not completely and utterly gutted that I didn't think it through, but should be grateful for tickets anyway....at least my children get to be there. Need to look on the right side :smile:

Thanks OneAndOnlyEmmaW
Original post by Lara5
Met Cornishscot and Twilightz yesterday! :biggrin: I should have said something other than just "hi"! hahaha! Sorry ladies, I panicked! :colondollar:

No problemo! :smile: we'll have time to talk more soon, hopefully when the whole segment gets to rehearse. Hope you had a good time at the audition though :smile:
Original post by OneAndOnlyEmmaW

Hi, thank you but I tried straight away. It wouldn't let me go back in as it kept saying I have already applied for this event! They're up to £125 tickets now and I even called to say I'll pay that (expensive mistake!) if I can then go and sit with my children, one of which is small so can sit on my knee as she'll probably spend most of the time on her Dads knee (therefore leaving a spare seat) anyway but they won't allow it.

I can't pretend I am not completely and utterly gutted that I didn't think it through, but should be grateful for tickets anyway....at least my children get to be there. Need to look on the right side :smile:

Thanks OneAndOnlyEmmaW
Reply 8589
Come on Casting! We've been waiting sooo patiently! Lots of love from, A. Reserve X
hello everyone have been following for a while and posted once but thought i should get more involved. its like a little olympic family on here and i love it. i am loving the bumbag idea and may just get get one!!!!!

i remember seeing another post on here from someone that was in para opening and closing 90 group A, same as me, have you heard anymore since accepting and sending off acceptance??

my work were being difficult and i thought I would have to give up my place but then they decided i could have leave for all the rehearsals:smile:

I will be working the day the tourch comes to hemel hempstead and hopefully i will get to see it especially as it comes straight down the raod that i work on.

hope people get some news this week xxx
Original post by Redthunder

I know exactly how you feel. 10 days ago I had the chance for some Olympics athletics tickets and in my excitement at getting some for the penultimate day - - relay finals etc. I asked for 2 tickets instead of the 3 I intended - I had just purchased them when my daughter rang to say 'you did remember to get a ticket for me didn't you. (She could not apply cos she got some tickets in the first round). Felt really bad ALL weekend especially as she had opening and closing para tickets for us - but I have decided to give her my ticket as that is the only way I will feel better!

I tried for some para opening as well this morning dead at 11am - got through to the recognising letters bit but could not read so asked for another set and then too late the tickets were gone :frown:. Then tried for some £50 ones but they had gone too although both price levels still showing up.

So console yourself that you were VERY lucky to get the £20.12 tickets and if you are performing it is by no means certain that you would be allowed to join the stands - i asked the very same question and was told it was unlikely. Just realised why the lowest tickets were priced at £20.12 - d'oh!
Reply 8592
Original post by curly6203
hello everyone have been following for a while and posted once but thought i should get more involved. its like a little olympic family on here and i love it. i am loving the bumbag idea and may just get get one!!!!!

i remember seeing another post on here from someone that was in para opening and closing 90 group A, same as me, have you heard anymore since accepting and sending off acceptance??

my work were being difficult and i thought I would have to give up my place but then they decided i could have leave for all the rehearsals:smile:

I will be working the day the tourch comes to hemel hempstead and hopefully i will get to see it especially as it comes straight down the raod that i work on.

hope people get some news this week xxx

hello curly6203, I have also not been good at posting (but follow all the stories) and I am on 90A group but no, have not heard anything since sending off acceptance (though I did email them to ask if they had received it which they had)... considering most people on this forum are already on their 4th week of rehearsals I feel a bit left out but looking forward to July and the start of rehearsals...

And good luck to all the not heards (my colleague, not on this forum is one of them) xx
considering most people on this forum are already on their 4th week of rehearsals I feel a bit left out but looking forward to July and the start of rehearsals...

I know i really cant wait to get started!!!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
love my audition for Rio on Saturday, even if i was grimacing a far bit in one of the moves.

Had a physio appointment today and he think i have torn part of my meniscus, so now need to try and change my GP to one who does evening appointments so i can hopefully get referred for a scan and see how bad the tear is. Quite scared about it all really.....
Reply 8595
Bumbag = purchased! Was also a lovely excuse to get a new purse that I could fit inside :colondollar:

So then fellow 51Aers - tomorrow is our day! Looking forward to meeting you all and finally finding out what we'll be doing. Come and say hello if you spot me: I'm an average height 19 year old, dark blonde hair and with thick-rimmed black glasses :shakehand:

Here we go!
Just managed to get tickets for Paralympic Closing, so all you samba dancers - I'll be there! Hopefully they'll be lots more from here joining us when cast offers finally start to come through.

Redthunder really feel for you but it's easily done especially when you've got that flipping clock ticking away telling you that you have 30 seconds or so to complete the transaction! Don't assume that you'll be asked to leave yet - they may have somewhere for you to watch from. But anyway, how brilliant that your family will be sharing your special moment with you.
Original post by maclondon
I think you are underestimating the logistics/security, I very much doubt it would be practical.

Ah, no I'm not underestimating it :smile: I completely understood when they said it wasn't possible. No argument from me on that one, security is no.1. Just wanted to know I'd tried every possible solution to my little hickup! :doh:

On a good note, I'm just about to go and pick the little'uns up and tell them they're going to see Mummy, now that is something to smile about!

Happy Sunny Monday all
i really think we should all get the bum bags!!!!! that way we can all give each other the TSR nod!!!!
Original post by Mum of Students
Just managed to get tickets for Paralympic Closing, so all you samba dancers - I'll be there! Hopefully they'll be lots more from here joining us when cast offers finally start to come through.

Redthunder really feel for you but it's easily done especially when you've got that flipping clock ticking away telling you that you have 30 seconds or so to complete the transaction! Don't assume that you'll be asked to leave yet - they may have somewhere for you to watch from. But anyway, how brilliant that your family will be sharing your special moment with you.

Thank you Mum of Students, I'm getting used to the idea now, well the tears have stopped anyway!!!! I was all ready this morning, with my 10 tabs open...yes the 30 seconds thing is off putting! Thrilled to have got them, but then gutted to realise my mistake. Never mind :smile:

Like you say, maybe in the very least I can just hang around for them when its finished.

Well done you for getting Closing tickets, how fabulous. TSR SAMBA's & COLDPLAY, great :smile:

Latest