The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by firebolt
I thought Wimbledon was going to be his last? or did I dream hearing that?

He said it "might be", I think. I can't really remember though.
Reply 4261
Original post by firebolt
I thought Wimbledon was going to be his last? or did I dream hearing that?

Um, I think I remember hearing hints actually. But hey, I'm not about to let a little thing like him not playing stop me wanting Roddick to win it:wink:
Reply 4262
Original post by Slumpy
Um, I think I remember hearing hints actually. But hey, I'm not about to let a little thing like him not playing stop me wanting Roddick to win it:wink:

Really? You want Roddick to win? Yeah he's a decent player and all but he's nothing compared to the top 3 or even top 4. Not to mention he's conceited, arrogant and throws a tantrum every 5 games. Roddick is the Serena of men's tennis.
decent effort by baker i though, tsonga's physical presence shown in the end, hopefully baker will get a kind draw at eastbourn and wimbledon
Reply 4264
Original post by .eXe
Really? You want Roddick to win? Yeah he's a decent player and all but he's nothing compared to the top 3 or even top 4. Not to mention he's conceited, arrogant and throws a tantrum every 5 games. Roddick is the Serena of men's tennis.

I love Roddick. I dunno, I've never seen him as conceited or arrogant, he always comes across as possibly the nicest man ever in interviews. Does sometimes get a bit angry when playing though.
Reply 4265
I hope Fred and Nadal meet in the finals of Halle. That will give Nadal the chance to even up his grass H2H with him to 2-2. I would then like them to meet in the SF of the Olympics and Wimbledon so Nadal can take a commanding 4-2 lead in the grass H2H and 21-10 overall. They MUST meet in the SF however as I do not want anything getting in the way of another epic Djokovic-Nadal final. This would further solidify the case for Nadal being GOAT, as he would have a commanding H2H against Fred on Fred's STRONGEST surface whereas Fred has a horrible H2H against him on Nadal's strongest surface. Now we just need Fred to meet Murray and Djokovic a few more times, then he will have a losing H2H against the other 3 members of the 'big 4', further proving that Fred got most of his slams in a weak era. LOL!

Never mind
(edited 11 years ago)
Lol this guy Zhy is the most obvious troll ever.
Original post by Rachael.
I think I remember someone on commentary during the ITV's coverage French Open saying Federer might retire after the 2016 Olympics, but as far as I remember he/she pointed it out as a possibility rather than there being truth in it...

Two of the big names out of Queens already (Murray and Roddick), Tsonga favourite to win the tournament now? Roddick played awful today, it's embarrassing to watch him play :s-smilie: And the BBC won't be happy that Murray's out :teehee:

I believe he said he's aiming to get to 2016, so thats not exactly a definitive date set.
Reply 4269
4 more years of the Fed-ex? Awesome. I love that guy, I don't see how anyone can dislike him even if you have other favourite players.

Sad to see Roddick go out of Queens. Always liked him and Hewitt too had a soft spot for these two as they were at the top when I first got into tennis.
Mahut played really well today. I think he'll do well at Wimbledon this year.
What was the name of the French man who put out Roddick? Fair play to him, i always hate to see Roddick lose though, he's class on and off court :frown:
Reply 4271
Original post by narnia123
Mahut played really well today. I think he'll do well at Wimbledon this year.
What was the name of the French man who put out Roddick? Fair play to him, i always hate to see Roddick lose though, he's class on and off court :frown:

All I can remember is that his name looked a lot like the word vaseline, but I may've imagined that!:p:
"E. Roger-Vasselin" apparantly.
Original post by Slumpy
All I can remember is that his name looked a lot like the word vaseline, but I may've imagined that!:p:

Lol! that sounds French enough!
seem to be a few new peeps on here, zhy is famous for trolling on this thread so just ignore him!
Thanks for the heads up :tongue:
Reply 4276
Original post by Zhy
I hope Fred and Nadal meet in the finals of Halle. That will give Nadal the chance to even up his grass H2H with him to 2-2. I would then like them to meet in the SF of the Olympics and Wimbledon so Nadal can take a commanding 4-2 lead in the grass H2H and 21-10 overall. They MUST meet in the SF however as I do not want anything getting in the way of another epic Djokovic-Nadal final. This would further solidify the case for Nadal being GOAT, as he would have a commanding H2H against Fred on Fred's STRONGEST surface whereas Fred has a horrible H2H against him on Nadal's strongest surface. Now we just need Fred to meet Murray and Djokovic a few more times, then he will have a losing H2H against the other 3 members of the 'big 4', further proving that Fred got most of his slams in a weak era. LOL!

LOL as much as I'm a Rafa fan, it is clear here that you're a troll lol.

Leave old man Fed alone and let him rest in peace. Albeit, the legend has nothing to prove anymore anyway, considering what he's achieved so far.
Reply 4277
Original post by kratos90
awww just a shame he has the most grandslams of all time.

Only time will tell my friend. Nadal still has at least 4 more years of tennis left in him so....
I think we should have a pact guys where no one pays any attention to Zhy's posts or even mentions his name. Responding to Zhy only fuels his trolling as he seems to thrive off the abuse he receives.
Original post by *Hakz*
Only time will tell my friend. Nadal still has at least 4 more years of tennis left in him so....

I've always expected Nadal to retire before he's 30 but it will be interesting to see how long he plays on for. Perhaps Federer's GS tally will be the motivation for him to keep going....

Latest