The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dandaman1
The stupid skinny hipster crap that fills the shelves in Topman and River Island. If I see someone wearing chinos, plimsolls or boat shoes without socks, a V-neck that goes down to their naval, and fake glasses, I actually want to shoot them. Anyone wearing trousers around their arses will also be at a similar risk.

The ever increasing feminisation of male fashion is also worrying - wearing low-cut tight pink t-shirts used to start rumours 10 years ago...

What's wrong with chinos. I've worn chinos all my life. :K:
Original post by Stupid Kaiser
What's wrong with chinos. I've worn chinos all my life. :K:

Oh, there's nothing wrong with Chinos per se, it's just when they're worn in combination with the other stuff mentioned in that particular fashion (especially if they're rolled up at the ankles, ugh!)
Anything with "Keep Calm and PERPETUATE AN INANE FAD" on it.

I should probably produce some t-shirts with exactly that on them. They would be popular with people who think they're too cool for everyone else.
Original post by Dandaman1
plimsolls or boat shoes without socks,

isnt that what your supposed to do??
my dad has always worn his boat shoes without socks...

and i find peoples hate of chinos funny... another thing my dad has always worn... so chinos and boat shoes to me just seem normal attire *shrugs*
x
Original post by Chumbaniya
Anything with "Keep Calm and PERPETUATE AN INANE FAD" on it.

I hate this too.

Males who were their trousers around their arses.
Original post by x-pixie-lottie-x
isnt that what your supposed to do??
my dad has always worn his boat shoes without socks...

and i find peoples hate of chinos funny... another thing my dad has always worn... so chinos and boat shoes to me just seem normal attire *shrugs*
x

Wearing shoes without socks is fine; it's when worn in combination with what I listed, in 'hipster' fashion, that I gain the desire to shoot the wearer :wink:
Original post by millie-rose
CREEPERS :mad:

I also find it annoying that they're now called 'creepers' rather than, as they were originally known, 'brothel creepers' since the fashionable have adopted them.
Original post by TheHyacinthGirl
I also find it annoying that they're now called 'creepers' rather than, as they were originally known, 'brothel creepers' since the fashionable have adopted them.

What are these "creepers" you speak of?
Jack Wills.

If I wrote my name on a hoodie, I bet I could sell it for £60 too...!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Oh my. They are disgusting, aren't they? I especially love the blurb on the website:

As scenes and fashions have evolved and mutated at an ever-increasing rate, the creeper has endured still the go-to shoe for the intrepid, the rebellious and the subversive

Haha! Yes, I'm sure they are. I feel sorry for both the people who make up this marketing drivel, and those who fall for it and perhaps buy some!
pink top with purple long skirt :facepalm:

sad attempt

wearing leggins with a short top.

dont want to see your buttocks, thanks. quite nasty

Original post by TheHyacinthGirl

Ah so these are part of the sudden fashionable rockabilly scene, which consists of people dressing up like rockabillies without even knowing what rockabilly music is?

Edit - I correct myself - I say "sudden" - it's been going on a while now.
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
Oh my. They are disgusting, aren't they? I especially love the blurb on the website:

Haha! Yes, I'm sure they are. I feel sorry for both the people who make up this marketing drivel, and those who fall for it and perhaps buy some!

Yep exactly! The fact that people may almost a hundred pound for them is beyond me.
Original post by millie-rose
Yep exactly! The fact that people may almost a hundred pound for them is beyond me.

To be honest, so much crap is overpriced these days that extortionate prices for hipster items do not surprise me at all. :colonhash:
Am I sensing "Hipster" becoming the common target in this thread? I think we have a winner!
Original post by Wilfred Little
I don't see a problem with either of these.

Nothing wrong with when someone gets into a particular band or artist. I'm 23 and I listen to bands from the 60's and 70's. I don't cry over them though :eek: :tongue:

As for the hair, some girls can pull it off and it looks great imo.

Agreed. If you have enough character and the correct personality to pull a look off, by all means go ahead.
Original post by Holly-Robyn
Jack Wills.

If I wrote my name on a hoodie, I bet I could sell it for £60 too...!

This too, if you can even call it a trend.
Original post by bretters

And let's face it, you can only buy what's in the shops, right?

Shops only sell what people will buy!

Latest