The Student Room Group

The Tesco thread.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Does anyone know if it's possible to get a year's transfer through Tesco?

Basically, im at uni at the moment (where i will be going into my 3rd year this september) and work part time at Tesco. Afterwards I'm thinking of doing a masters at York so I was wondering if Tesco could transfer me up there for a whole year (as obviously i'd be moving away permanantly for a year) as opposed to getting a transfer for each separate semester and then having to come home at christmas, easter etc?
Reply 561
So, looking to switch companies.....

Does Tescos do a probationary period? Not sure if I really want to take the risk if they do, even if they do pay slightly better than Sainsburys and it'd be more hours.
How long does Tesco's normally take to get back to you after an interview and work sample? Thanks.
Reply 563
Original post by GusPaterson
How long does Tesco's normally take to get back to you after an interview and work sample? Thanks.

I take it you mean Superstore? I only have experience within an Express, I was offered a job immediately after my work trial. If there were a few of you I'd expect to hear within a week ish, just ring them if you want to know :smile:

I really like working in an Express and don't think I'd like Superstore. I just transferred from my usual Express to a brand new one, we had 650 applicants for 20 jobs. There are often student friendly hours going in Expresses and from my experience the interview process etc is generally much easier than at Superstore because they tend to have less applications to sift through.
Superstore. Got offered the job the day after my post :P
Reply 565
applied for tesco online, thought i did everything perfectly pretty much, but got a rejection email a few hours later ;(....going to apply again for a different post.
Reply 566
Do you apply for jobs on the online site, or are you supposed to ask for an application form instore? How would you go about applying for a new store thats currently being built?]
Reply 567
Applied Online a week or so ago, got a call sunday and have been asked to go in for an "assessment" tommorow any idea what to expect?
I have an interview with Tesco soon, but I'm a little confused with the interview situation. I bascially applied for a few positions, which ranged from merchandising to working on the pharmacy to being a customer assistant.

My query being - are the interview questions the same for all roles? I'd think this was quite unlikely, but I honestly don't know what to expect now.
Reply 569
Original post by Rosalie-x
Do you apply for jobs on the online site, or are you supposed to ask for an application form instore? How would you go about applying for a new store thats currently being built?]

I know three expresses local to me which are new have recruited via the job centre, over 600 apps for 20 jobs. CA positions are rarely advertised you can hand a CV in or request an application form in store.
Reply 570
got an interview here tomorrow :smile:
Reply 571
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 572
Original post by Nomnomnomii

It's a 2 day a week part time job and I have my induction on wednesday!

If anyone needs any other info I'd be happy to give it to them :smile:

Ok so I've just been called by Tesco for an interview, they asked if

I was free to come tomorrow,

so i replied 'no, would it be possible to have and interview on thrusday' (becaue i've got an exam),

and so he replied 'thats a bit late mate, but i'll leave a note and call you back on thrusday'

Do you think this will put them off giving me the job?
And what are the chances of me getting the job?

Thnx for any replies
Reply 573
Original post by noorul87

so i replied 'no, would it be possible to have and interview on thrusday' (becaue i've got an exam),

and so he replied 'thats a bit late mate, but i'll leave a note and call you back on thrusday'

Thnx for any replies

To me that sounds like everyone else is getting interviewed today and you will get a call if no one they interview is any good type thing. They could be interviewing two people or it could be ten, just wait and see :smile:
Reply 574
Original post by Tinsley
To me that sounds like everyone else is getting interviewed today and you will get a call if no one they interview is any good type thing. They could be interviewing two people or it could be ten, just wait and see :smile:

if i do get called up for interview...formal clothes?
Reply 575
if i do get called up for interview...formal clothes?

Depends. I know some stores get you to do a work trial at interview so it's best to ask them.
Reply 576
Original post by Tinsley

Ok, so i've been waiting all day ad still haven't got a call, I read somewhere that Tesco needs a bit of nagging to get an interview. So do you know where I should call?
Reply 577
Ok, so i've been waiting all day ad still haven't got a call, I read somewhere that Tesco needs a bit of nagging to get an interview. So do you know where I should call?

If they want you they'll call I've never heard that they need nagging. Just call the store if you really want google their number.
Reply 578

Thnx for any replies

Sometimes they do group interviews so maybe they had none planned for thursday.
Reply 579
Original post by TheSelfAcknowleged
A few questions:

1) When you hand in an application, is it distributed to all stores nearby or only to that one store (e.g. does the given store only use the application for that store's job vacancies?)
2) I forgot to put work experience on the application - should I have put it on? How would I go about correcting this?
3) I'm applying for a job vacancy that isn't available at the moment (I've applied for potential summer [part-time] jobs) - do you know how early Tesco would contact me before the vacancies become available - as I'd imagine they can anticipate the result of the mass move of students working in Tesco, back to their home-areas.

Thanks.

What was the application for? At our store we don't accept applications, everyone has to apply online and if people hand in CV's and such they usually just get forgotten about...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending