The Student Room Group

IB Results 2012 Panic Thread/Countdown!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hkl1994215
Hello,
my offer from ucl econ and geog is 36 with 6 in maths and 6 in geog

however, my result is 34 with 6 in geog and 4 in maths

I am currently very upset about my maths score.

Do you have any advice?
PLease help!! this is urgent

Hello,
my offer from ucl econ and geog is 36 with 6 in maths and 6 in geog

however, my result is 34 with 6 in geog and 4 in maths

I am currently very upset about my maths score.

Do you have any advice?
PLease help!! this is urgent

call them asap and inform them.. they can still accept u. however, they might keep u waiting til A level results are out to tell u if they can still offer u a place.. gd luck hope they still offer u the place!
Reply 181
Original post by Saymyname!
Session Subject Grade
MAY 2012 ENGLISH A1 SL 7
MAY 2012 FRENCH B SL 7
MAY 2012 ECONOMICS SL in ENGLISH 7
MAY 2012 CHEMISTRY HL in ENGLISH 7
MAY 2012 PHYSICS EE in ENGLISH A
MAY 2012 PHYSICS HL in ENGLISH 7
MAY 2012 MATHEMATICS HL in ENGLISH 7
MAY 2012 THEORY KNOWL. TK in ENGLISH A

TOTAL: 45

I am speechless right now.

ohh gosshh what a subject combo and what a total...CONGRATULATIONS!!also to everyone again..all are such great scores!:biggrin:
Original post by aeyurttaser13
call them asap and inform them.. they can still accept u. however, they might keep u waiting til A level results are out to tell u if they can still offer u a place.. gd luck hope they still offer u the place!

i contacted via email, they didnt pick up,

The admissions tutor replied very quickly saying the news is not positive, if u missed ur offer by one point we could reconsider, but please do remark ur papers, and then if you meet the requirements, i will reconsider etc...

also my insurance is edinburgh with 34 and 555 HL,
but I got 664 HL,

DO you think i have a chance with ucl? or even edinburgh?

Plus if ur an international student would it help?
Thanks for the comments tho
Original post by hkl1994215
i contacted via email, they didnt pick up,

The admissions tutor replied very quickly saying the news is not positive, if u missed ur offer by one point we could reconsider, but please do remark ur papers, and then if you meet the requirements, i will reconsider etc...

also my insurance is edinburgh with 34 and 555 HL,
but I got 664 HL,

DO you think i have a chance with ucl? or even edinburgh?

Plus if ur an international student would it help?
Thanks for the comments tho

hmm.. it is difficult to say for both.. call edinburgh as well, and email them if they also dont pick up. get ur grades remarked asap so that u might meet ur offer or at least come a point closer so that they can consider you.. contact ur IBC asap about the remarking procedure.
Hey guys,
do you know where I can find my historical investigation mark and the marks I got on my papers?
Thank you! :smile:
I got one point off my Warwick offer... Am I screwed then? Ugh...
Reply 186
Does anybody know how long it takes to get stuff regraded? I know that individual grades come out monday and then my IB coordinator will send out a request, but how long will it approx. take for me to get my updated grades?
Reply 187
Original post by messedupib
I got one point off my Warwick offer... Am I screwed then? Ugh...

got 3 off my warwick offer:frown: but I'm getting a regrade, hoping my points go up
3 of my subjects (english hl , business man. sl, and math sl) are listed as P :frown: anyone know how long it takes to get the grades confirmed?
2 very important questions:

1. Can we be remarked down?
2. Do we or when will we get the percentage breakdown?
Original post by Kyle Butler

1. I think so yeah.
2. Monday I believe.
(All info from people who had posted earlier in this thread so I dunno how accurate it is)
40 points! I'm going to cambridge :smile:
Slightly disappointed I didn't get a 7 in philosophy, but it doesn't matter really :smile:
Wooooo!
What went wrong with chemistry?????????
Everyone in my school got raped by HL Chemistry as well :-/
So proud of my older bro!! He's going to Cambridge to read Economics cause he made his offer of 42 points! Got a 7 in HL Maths... I'd never match that lol :P but I'm doing this diploma next year aiming to do Medicine!

Well done everyone on your results today; me in 2 years :O

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by ukbavaria
got 3 off my warwick offer:frown: but I'm getting a regrade, hoping my points go up

SAAAaame for warwick!!! and on top of it i missed insurance by 1 point. If the grade boundaries are on my side I am getting a remark too. One subject and EE (especially) just didnt make sense
Original post by Kyle Butler

YEs you can! We were warned about this! If you want a remark first make sure to check the grade boundaries so for instance if you are closer to a 4 than to a 6, it would be quite risky to ask for a remark. Yes, contact your IBC to request both the breakdown and the grade boundaries :smile:
Reply 197
Anyone how Cambridge are with this? I got 42 with 775, needed 40 with 776.
Reply 198
Original post by Saelie
Anyone how Cambridge are with this? I got 42 with 775, needed 40 with 776.

:console:

Unfortunately you'll have to wait until A-Level results are released (16th August) for Cambridge to make a decision.

I can't really speculate whether you'll get in - it depends on your interview performance (and their feelings) along with the competitiveness of your subject amongst other factors. Was the 5 in a subject relevant to your degree?
Original post by curseofthepirates
1. I think so yeah.
2. Monday I believe.
(All info from people who had posted earlier in this thread so I dunno how accurate it is)

1. yep definately if they spot anything wrong, u will be marked down. my IBC advised us to remark only if it is only lacking 1 or 2 percent

2. My IBC said that it will be released over the weekend so yea prob monday

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending