The Student Room Group
Reply 9980
That's why online applications are good, they don't ask for your age so can't really discriminate against you at that stage of the process then if you get an interview they obviously then can roughly guess how old you are but just try to wow them :P

But I think age discrimination can work in our favour sometimes cause 1) they can pay us less for doing the same thing as someone over 18
2) some high street shops would prefer to have younger employees if there target audience is young (like around our age) if that makes sense.... Lol

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Pandora open the thread now lol :lol:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9982
And while we're talking about jobs, I have my first day at my new (also first) job tomorrow, I'm kinda nervous :s-smilie:

Original post by xAlice95
And while we're talking about jobs, I have my first day at my new (also first) job tomorrow, I'm kinda nervous :s-smilie:

Congratulations! What is it? I'm sure it will be fine. I remember being a nervous wreck for my work experience. I can't say that I was nervous for my first real job as it is in the family business which I was brought up in, just became 'new' once I got onto the payroll officially!
Original post by xAlice95
Why do you have to take either world development or RE?

That sounds cool, how come your up the hospital a lot? I haven't been since year 7 :P

forensics is something I've though about too recently, for years I've wanted to do medicine at uni and become an obstetrician...but recently I've been wondering if I really do want to do that, the other night I was looking up some jobs and a clinical psychologist Sounded pretty cool, so maybe something like that depending on how much I like psychology next year but also I've been told psychology is like the 4th most popular thing to do at uni, so I don't know if I'd get in, and if I did then it would probably be really hard to find a job afterwards... but then medicines really competitive too...so really I'm not too sure right now, I guess I'll just have to do some more research :P x

It's to do with our options (they come in 'blocks' and also were a christian school so have to have the R.E link)

Whoa you havent been for ages! Healthy kid! :wink:. Lots and lots of different reasons... I mainly go to great ormond street for my checkups, last time I counted I saw 9 different clinics up there... And about 3 closer to home, Yay :rolleyes:

The most difficult thing is the amount of time I miss off school! You need 90% attendance for physics A-level, but I think mine's normally about 85% so I'm really worried they won't accept me :s

:redface: same! I wanted to do medicine too! (until I realised I needed biology) haha
And I also looked into clinical psychology! Freaky! O.o. But my mum is really fussy about what subjects I take and she thinks psychology is a 'waste' of a subject *tut*
Yeah I'm definitely gonna have to have a bit more of a look over the holidays... Hopefully I won't need to change my options once I decide on something :smile:

Haha sorry about the loooong reply :tongue: xx
Wow, we're so close to finishing this thread too...
Original post by usycool1
Wow, we're so close to finishing this thread too...

Just over 10 posts to go... Is it mark IV or Year 12?
Original post by blueray

So why did you both go cambridge, was anything on? Eg program about maths or physics or something :biggrin:

General Cambridge Open Day :smile:

Threads nearly coming to a close.... I'm not top poster in this one.. :frown:
Original post by meeow
It means that if i worked 9-5, i would only earn £32 for giving up my entire day, it's a pretty low pay rate compared to other places

Now THAT, my friend, sounds like a plan!

I make £4 an hour :tongue: and I like it to be honest.. I'm earning like £60+ every week :smile:
Original post by CharlieBoardman
General Cambridge Open Day :smile:

Threads nearly coming to a close.... I'm not top poster in this one.. :frown:

I know, I'm the top poster now :smug: But it's kind of fitting that Pandora was the top poster in Mark I, you were the top poster in Mark II and I'm the top poster in Mark III (for those who are wondering, it's now impossible to beat me on this thread :tongue:)

Original post by shadab786ahmed
Just over 10 posts to go... Is it mark IV or Year 12?

Blueray made a thread which has exactly the same title as this thread but instead of mark III, it says mark IV :smile:
Original post by usycool1
I know, I'm the top poster now :smug: But it's kind of fitting that Pandora was the top poster in Mark I, you were the top poster in Mark II and I'm the top poster in Mark III (for those who are wondering, it's now impossible to beat me on this thread :tongue:)

Blueray made a thread which has exactly the same title as this thread but instead of mark III, it says mark IV :smile:

It is quite fitting! :biggrin: watch out on mark IV :wink:

Blueray likes owning these threads doesn't he :wink:
Original post by blueray
:gah: I pmed you. Didn't know it was meant to be a secret!

No problems, thank you!

I've also reduced the size of the link to the new thread a few pages back too - was breaking the screen
Reply 9992
New thread here.
Race to 10k!
Groat
New thread here.

At least finish this thread first :p:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9994
Original post by Loz17
Race to 10k!

I thought we'd race to 10k ourselves. :ninja:
Original post by Groat
I thought we'd race to 10k ourselves. :ninja:

Abusing mod powers much? :p:

Nah I've reopened it for now. 4 posts away and I'm here to close it once it's done anyway :h:

The race is always the fun part!!
Original post by Loz17
Race to 10k!

Before I forget:

Highscore.png

:smug:
Reply 9997
Original post by blueray
Age discrimination. :colone:

Exactly what I thought. The staff were all extremely middle aged.
Reply 9998
Original post by Loz17
Abusing mod powers much? :p:

Nah I've reopened it for now. 4 posts away and I'm here to close it once it's done anyway :h:

The race is always the fun part!!

I was kidding. :colondollar:

I'd been watching this thread on post #9991 for a few minutes and got the idea that it wasn't going to move, so just decided to close it. I was expecting a race akin to A-Level results threads last year. :ahee:
10000 posts! :biggrin:

Latest