The Student Room Group

The Opening Ceremony

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
So much cynicism.

Be proud that our Olympic Opening Ceremony will be eccentric and unique... who needs drums?
Quite excited about this. :excited:
Wish it would hurry up and start now .. Mum quite chuffed though as her ex athletics coach in the mid 70s (Mary Peters) has been shown a few times on archive footage ..
Original post by The_Male_Melons
Well when the BBC Presenters, (Huw.....) and even Danny Boyle are admitting that they can't compete - it just shows how awful it will be.

It doesn't show anything. Obviously Beijing 2008 was pretty spectacular and obviously we can't compete, but that doesn't necessarily mean this one will be awful.
Original post by Pensivedore
It doesn't show anything. Obviously Beijing 2008 was pretty spectacular and obviously we can't compete, but that doesn't necessarily mean this one will be awful.

They got Dowton Abbey on there- oh jeez. Just eww at the posh accent- 17 year old is suffering from inequality apparently. :confused:

They just need Katie "the streaker" Price- show that Feminist movement!
(edited 11 years ago)
Emeline Pankhursts grand daughter and great grand daughter will take part in the ceremony to symbolise gender equality.
Original post by Pensivedore

It will "necessarily mean" this one will be awful.
*waits for people to cry CRUELTY!!* (in reality, the animals are probably getting better treatment than many do in normal farming!!)
Reply 148

Seriously wish you would go away, going to wreck this thread :sigh:
Original post by Idle
Seriously wish you would go away, going to wreck this thread :sigh:

Jeez, just because I don't share your Jingoism, calm down pet.
Is this thread fascist?
As far as I am aware I have my opinions and can express it. I am voicing how crap the opening ceremony will be.

There's really no point trying to convince you, we'll just have to wait and see. And clearly, nothing will actually impress you. You'll probably sound a lot less pessimistic if you stop trying to compare it to Beijing.
Reply 151
Is this thread fascist?
As far as I am aware I have my opinions and can express it. I am voicing how crap the opening ceremony will be.

It hasn't even took place and barely any of the details are revealed, it sounds like you almost want it to be **** which is just pathetic really.
Is this thread fascist?

Which is utterly fallacious, because you have no idea how good or otherwise it's going to be. Regardless, given your cynicism, I don't expect that'd you'd concede that it was of a high quality even if it was so.
Original post by OxfordGoBrach
Not really, Beijing's one was excellent, sure. We can still do a very good job of it though. Doesn't necessarily mean it'll be awful at all, you're just twisting it. We don't need to compete with Beijing's really anyway. That's in the past and each Olympic games is unique. If you want to be a killjoy go ahead, but we'll just enjoy the moment regardless. It might never come to London and/or the UK again.

Do a good job- :confused:
That is in the past of course- which is why the BBC needs to show clips of it again and again. Huw Edward telling us "it is going to be different" "it is our take" and "we can't compete with Beijing" a million times..

I am no Killjoy- I am a realist. Don't worry, according to Boris Johnson it has been a 1 hundred years since the last one (the last one being held in 1948 (my maths is wrong apparently since it is has been 100 years since 1948)). Don't worry, there will be another Olympics in London again!
Original post by KingMessi
Which is utterly fallacious, because you have no idea how good or otherwise it's going to be. Regardless, given your cynicism, I don't expect that'd you'd concede that it was of a high quality even if it was so.

You tell yourself that is high quality. I believe Primark has some good underwear on offer!:rolleyes:
Reply 155
Why are British people always so cynical?
Original post by Idle
It hasn't even took place and barely any of the details are revealed, it sounds like you almost want it to be **** which is just pathetic really.

There has been details. Oh look planes- not like we seen that before.
The current stage is a farm lmfao
Reply 158
beijing is in a league of its own, you can't compare because china had to show off that they are so rich now . hoping for a good show :dancing:
Original post by Miracle Day
The current stage is a farm lmfao

We are a nation of yokels! Where is Fred the Farmer gone with his pig?

Quick Reply

Latest