Howes and Pervical
Mills and Reeve
Muckle
Radcliffelebrasseur
Walker Morris
Watson Burton
Ward Hadaway

Any news would be great thanks

Got an interview with Mills and Reeve, still waiting for Davis Polk.
Original post by gimmedrmartens
Hi,hi. Just curious, when did you submit your application and when did you hear back? I don't recall an abstract reasoning test of any sort thus far...

I submitted my Pinsent application 1 minute before the deadline and heard back on the 3rd.

Original post by bowen22
Anybody heard from the following

Davis Polk
Ford and Warren
Hay and Kilner
Howes and Pervical
Mills and Reeve
Muckle
Radcliffelebrasseur
Walker Morris
Watson Burton
Ward Hadaway

Any news would be great thanks

Not heard from Muckle yet, but I've been to the testing day for Ward Hadaway and I think Watson Burton and Hay & Kilner are interviewing at the moment.

Original post by Numinator
Not sure if it's the same one I had to do while on the vacation scheme. That one had about 30 different questions in it. The first 10 or so were fine, and then the rest were absolutely impossible and incomprehensible. Everyone found it difficult.

The test was brought over from McGrigors to make all applicants do the same test so that it was fair for all. I'm not sure how much attention they will pay to it. I know that the partners I spoke to about it didn't think highly of it at all.

Yeah it was that one. I found it difficult from the start though :tongue:
Reply 1403
Original post by DavidHume
I submitted my Pinsent application 1 minute before the deadline and heard back on the 3rd.

Not heard from Muckle yet, but I've been to the testing day for Ward Hadaway and I think Watson Burton and Hay & Kilner are interviewing at the moment.

Yeah it was that one. I found it difficult from the start though :tongue:

Thanks for that, yes i heard that Ward Hadaway had done a few testing days, how did you find it? Ah well i've had no response from either Watson Burton or Hay and Kilner so im not holding out much hope
Reply 1404
Original post by DavidHiggs
Got an interview with Mills and Reeve, still waiting for Davis Polk.

Which office did you apply to? I applied to Birmingham!
Original post by nulli tertius
I am sorry, I didn't sit the test. I was merely making the point that this is really a device to thin out a field rather than something that is testing a skill that is intrinsically useful for a trainee solicitor.

Oh I see. It seems quite an awful way to thin the field - if I make it through it'll be 90% through luck, but a better candidate might just miss out.

Original post by bowen22
Thanks for that, yes i heard that Ward Hadaway had done a few testing days, how did you find it? Ah well i've had no response from either Watson Burton or Hay and Kilner so im not holding out much hope

It was okay, but I don't think they'll be able to read my handwriting.

Don't worry, Hay & Kilner isn't a firm you'd like to work for :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by bowen22
Which office did you apply to? I applied to Birmingham!

London :smile:
Reply 1407
It seems like CC may have pushed their A/C dates back, which explains why things are (somewhat) quiet.

I had CC A/C's written down as being the week commencing Aug. 20th- this was taken from their website back in May when I was copying all the app dates for the firms I was interested in.

However, the CC website (on the same page where I previously found the Aug. 20th date) now says that CC A/C's will be the week commencing Sept. 3rd: two weeks later.
Should be another interesting week. I've had responses from 2/7 I have applied to.
Reply 1409
I too am hoping to hear from at least one firm this week. Have heard back from 2/4 already.
Original post by Med2Ky
It seems like CC may have pushed their A/C dates back, which explains why things are (somewhat) quiet.

I had CC A/C's written down as being the week commencing Aug. 20th- this was taken from their website back in May when I was copying all the app dates for the firms I was interested in.

However, the CC website (on the same page where I previously found the Aug. 20th date) now says that CC A/C's will be the week commencing Sept. 3rd: two weeks later.

I'm expecting bad CC news bright and early tomorrow morning!
Reply 1411
Original post by xobile
I too am hoping to hear from at least one firm this week. Have heard back from 2/4 already.

I am at 4/10 I think (2 post-interview). Which firms have you heard from/waiting for still?
Reply 1412
Wait guys, so if you interview at a firm and they don't want you - can / will they let you know the rejection before 1 Sept.?

If so, is interviewing and not hearing anything for ages (say until late Aug. even) a good sign?

Ty.
Original post by DJkG.1
Wait guys, so if you interview at a firm and they don't want you - can / will they let you know the rejection before 1 Sept.?

If so, is interviewing and not hearing anything for ages (say until late Aug. even) a good sign?

Ty.

If the firm abides by the voluntary SRA code, then usually they won't give any answer at all until September 1st, since saying 'no' to one person before that date is basically saying 'yes' to another person.
Original post by I so academic
Has anyone heard anything back from Eversheds post tests?

i haven't either!
Original post by I so academic
Been a month now, surely it does not take this long to review an application!?

Yikes, maybe their places are nearly full. Cuz if i ain't mistaken, they started giving out interviews since May. Hope we haven't missed the boat!
Reply 1416
Original post by Smashedin
Anyone heard back from Olswang?

A friend got invited to do their online tests, but nothing since. You?
Reply 1417
Original post by DavidHume
Still no response from:

Cobbets
Ford & Warren
Gately
Gordons
Beecham Peacock
Shulmans
Squire Sanders
Walker Morris
Watson Burton
Irwin Mitchell - telephone interview

Anyone had any luck with these firms?

cobbetts
squire sanders
walker morris

not heard from any of these.

when did you hear about your telephone interview with irwin mitchell.

im still waiting to hear from them aswel.

suspiciously quiet lol
Any early morning PFO's?

Aint heard nothing yet.
Reply 1419
Original post by Numinator
Better week that expected. Invited to interview at DLA Piper (Manchester), DWF (Manchester), and Brabners Chaffe Street.

Just did the Watson Glaser test for Hill Dickinson. Not quite sure how it went. Different from any other test I've done before. Not sure if they give the test to everyone or just to those they like.

Still got lots of firms to hear from though. Including from the two vac schemes I did.

where else have you applied? and where did you do your vac schemes.

well done on your interviews

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending