The Student Room Group

Tia Sharp- are we really surprised?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JollyGreenAtheist
You're using the death of a young girl as a springboard for your bigoted rant. You are disgusting.

This. Have some respect for goodness sake OP, a little girl died, let the people who loved her grieve in peace, regardless of what you think of their life choices.
Original post by billydisco
-12 year old grand daughter
-46 year old grandmother
-37 year old "step grandfather"

Says it all really doesn't it?

article-2186762-147AB599000005DC-610_634x800.jpg

who said you cant stereotype??? Odds-on they have a staffordshire bull terrier!

A few times people have asked me what do I suggest if people have children who can't afford them and I want to reduce benefits. I said remove them from the family for a reason- because it can't get any worse than growing up in this kind of family!

When Cameron spoke about "Broken Britain" this is EXACTLY what he was referring to. The problem is too many TSR users sit in their nice comfy quiet 4 bedroomed houses in a cul-de-sac, trying to pretend they understand how the world works, belittle anyone who reads the Daily Mail as people who believe anything (I would say DM readers are more in touch with the real world than most of you lot) and claim that this isn't wide-spread.......

Just you wait until the offspring of the Eastern European immigrants begin to mature..... When you invite half of Romania to live in the UK guess which country we'll start to resemble..... Romania perhaps?

Now that those in question have finished reading this- get back to studying or you will never get a job with the EU, Bolshevik Broadcasting Corporation or be allowed to help the Liberal Democrats with canvassing.....

I couldn't have said it better myself.
As soon as I saw the family I realised that something was wrong seeing that they all looked like scum and where all popping out kids at the age of 16.

Original post by kittyb99
I just think it's very sad that this poor young girl was murdered by (potentially) a person/people who were supposed to care for her.

Unfortunately there is far more to be learnt here than just being sad for a horrific and tragic event.
Reply 22
A grandmother aged 46 hasn't happened before?

No, that is quite clearly not what you wrote. A child hasn't been murdered in the custom of such a family, and even so, the vast majority will grow up normally.

The reason people laugh at you for reading the daily mail is that so many arguments made in that paper jump to conclusions for the effect of getting the reader (which is always a certain type of individual) to say "YES!".

Such individuals are usually poorly educated in both the arts and sciences, where you are taught that reasoned arguments triumph over conjecture. Hence why students are more likely to ridicule you. It doesn't matter one bit if you are 'more in touch with society' because you have diabolical reasoning skills, and decisions you make are likely to be based on instinct - a terrible way to live one's life in a manner which lacks the separation from animals which defines us as human beings.
Since when was resenting people who cannot behave bigoted?

If I was bigoted I wouldn't want any immigrants here!

It's simple- we allow useful productive people and we reject unproductive people. What do we do- allow every murderer, rapist, drug dealer, fraudster and paedophile in....

Bigoted (definition) : Expressing or characterized by prejudice and intolerance.

Your assertions about people who live in council estates, and your nonsense about Romanians fits that criteria. However, my qualm isn't with your political views. You do a good enough job of undermining yourself; I don't need to add to that.

My qualm is with your use of a tragic situation, where an innocent little girl has been killed (and goodness knows what else) as a platform for you to elucidate your political views. It wouldn't even matter if your argument was remotely logical, it is amazingly disrespectful and heinously inappropriate.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
The link is the naive leftie TSR students who think every person in the UK is a lovely human being and that there is no problem with eastern european immigration. This story is half of my point. Visit any town with a lot of eastern european immigration to see the other half....

I actually don't think the 'leftie TSR students' think every person in the UK is a lovely human being. You're just using this murder as an excuse to take a shot at what you perceive to be out of touch leftists (and people who criticise the DM) without providing a single shred of evidence. I found it amazing how you linked this particular story to Romania, no surprise it was poorly done.
(edited 11 years ago)
Since when was resenting people who cannot behave bigoted?

If I was bigoted I wouldn't want any immigrants here!

It's simple- we allow useful productive people and we reject unproductive people. What do we do- allow every murderer, rapist, drug dealer, fraudster and paedophile in....

True if this girl wasnt 12 and it was just a random person from that estate say 18+ i dont think anyone would care but if the person lived in a nice house with well off parents we wouldnt hear the end of it
Original post by funsongfactory
This. Have some respect for goodness sake OP, a little girl died, let the people who loved her grieve in peace, regardless of what you think of their life choices.

They obviously didn't ****ing love her, did they? :confused:

To the OP, I completely agree with you. Unfortunately, your point will be lost among those on here who have no ****ing clue how the real world works, but are happy to spout their trendy left-wing *******s. I know, I used to live on an estate full of the *****, and they're all like that, so I don't need some pompous blackhead farmer trying to tell me otherwise.
Original post by Harry Callahan

To the OP, I completely agree with you. Unfortunately, your point will be lost among those on here who have no ****ing clue how the real world works, but are happy to spout their trendy left-wing *******s. I know, I used to live on an estate full of the *****, and they're all like that, so I don't need some pompous blackhead farmer trying to tell me otherwise.

I promise you that there will be people in this world who loved that little girl to pieces, even if her grandparents didn't.
Original post by alexmagpie
I promise you that there will be people in this world who loved that little girl to pieces, even if her grandparents didn't.

Clearly her family didn't.
Reply 29
What is it with people and killing their daughters/granddaughters nowadays?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 30
Apparently, if someone turns a TSR thread into one about condolences, no-one is allowed to make it about anything other than condolence. I got 10 warning points the other day for this.

As soon as anyone says "RIP", any other post automatically becomes spam.
Original post by jayman
What is it with people and killing their daughters/granddaughters nowadays?

What is it with people who make absurd posts about things that have always happened and not just recently nowadays?
The 3 lads who had the t-shirts on, reminded me of the Sky Sports graphics when team lineups are announced & the players walk on in their positions.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Well thankyou for that.

Now how do I get coffee out of a laptop keyboard? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

As an aside to the OPs rant, I was watching a documentary on the tellybox the other night about pickpockets operating in London. Every one of the cases they covered were foreign Johnnies living here, many of them Romanian gangs who had built massive houses back home on the proceeds. Just saying.:smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 34
The link is the naive leftie TSR students who think every person in the UK is a lovely human being and that there is no problem with eastern european immigration. This story is half of my point. Visit any town with a lot of eastern european immigration to see the other half....

So essentially you're using the story of Tia's murder to make yourself feel superior on an internet forum?

When Cameron spoke about "Broken Britain" this is EXACTLY what he was referring to. The problem is too many TSR users sit in their nice comfy quiet 4 bedroomed houses in a cul-de-sac, trying to pretend they understand how the world works, belittle anyone who reads the Daily Mail as people who believe anything (I would say DM readers are more in touch with the real world than most of you lot) and claim that this isn't wide-spread.......

Hey! :angry: I may live a a 4 bedroomed house... but it is NOT in a cul-de-sac! :mad:
-12 year old grand daughter
-46 year old grandmother
-37 year old "step grandfather"

Says it all really doesn't it?

article-2186762-147AB599000005DC-610_634x800.jpg

who said you cant stereotype??? Odds-on they have a staffordshire bull terrier!

A few times people have asked me what do I suggest if people have children who can't afford them and I want to reduce benefits. I said remove them from the family for a reason- because it can't get any worse than growing up in this kind of family!

My parents can't really afford us and we're on benefits, but we've been brought up very well, we've had what seems to be a happier childhood than many of my friends (whose parents were working), and to force us to leave our parents would be the worst thing anyone could do.

Where do you propose the kids go? Into care, where they'll require exactly the same amount of money for their care? Where they'll be unhappy, being shoved from foster home to foster home because it's ridiculously hard to adopt; the process is enough to put people off?

Surely it's better to work with the families and only take kids away if there is proven abuse, or they can say without a shadow of a doubt that the child would go straight to a family without being pushed around the care system and only if there is a definite need. Being born to a certain economic group doesn't damn someone for life, and it certainly doesn't warrant being taken away from your parents!

You do realize that the DM's target audience is exactly the type of person you just described - living in their nice comfy houses, perfect Middle Englanders, looking down on anyone they can look down on because they get off on the feeling of superiority.

In this case, the family was not ideal and unfortunately seems to have ended this way - but you can't say that every family on benefits is the same, just like it'd be stupid of me to say that every middle class family has a second home in France and buys everything from M&S and has perfect privately schooled darlings, because not everyone is the same and people don't define themselves by social class or how much money they have. I'm apparently from one of these "scum families" (although only because we're on benefits) and yet I wasn't killed or hurt by any family members and I'm going to university this year - isn't that proof that not everyone is the same?

Using Tia's death as the basis for a bigoted rant about people with less money than you is disgusting.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 37
You're using the death of a young girl as a springboard for your bigoted rant. You are disgusting.

Exactly. It's obvious that the thread starter is very opinionated, but I think its just really shameful to openly insult people in society (that may have born in Britain but come from different ethnic backgrounds) that way on TSR. Totally rude.

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Sensation Z710e

This. Enough said.

Her grandparents may not have loved her, but what about her mum, her dad, he friends? Don't you think they deserve some respect during the most terrible time of their lives?

And FYI my dad used to live in New Addington very near to where these terrible events took place, so I'm pretty sure I understand how things work round there. Disagreeing with your opinions doesn't mean people "don't understand the real world", and hijacking a little girl's murder to have a political rant is disgusting.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending