The Student Room Group

What are the countries without a single decent university?

What are the countries that don't even have one single university that makes to world top 10 000 universities.
I know one website that have lots of universities that are ranked and thats webometrics and from there I found the only university in my country. And its ranks is 17 344.
I have found another website with lots of universities and its 4icu but they dont have the only university in my country. Maybe they dont believe it as a university.
So are there any other website which ranks lots of universities and do the only university in my country makes to top 10 000 in that list if there is any other.
So my country is Maldives and what are the other countries that dont have one single university that makes to world top 10 000. Or are there any other website that put my country only university in world top 10 000. If so than what are the countries that dont have one single university that makes to world top 10 000 in any websites.
I am searching other small and poor countries in those two websites but so far I have found atleast one single university that makes to top 10 000 from those countries in either one of the website.
So what are the other countries. I know my country Maldives wouldn't be the only one because it shouldn't be. At least I hope not.
And are top 10 000 university in the world regarded as good universities. Or is it top 5000 or something.
I mean how difficult it would be to get a job for some one who have done a degree in my country university. I mean how difficult would be for him to get a good job in a foreign country compare to a guy who did his degree in Cambridge university. If both the degree are the same. I mean is there really a big difference.
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Luffy.
What are the countries that don't even have one single university that makes to world top 10 000 universities.
I know one website that have lots of universities that are ranked and thats webometrics and from there I found the only university in my country. And its ranks is 17 344.
I have found another website with lots of universities and its 4icu but they dont have the only university in my country. Maybe they dont believe it as a university.
So are there any other website which ranks lots of universities and do the only university in my country makes to top 10 000 in that list if there is any other.
So my country is Maldives and what are the other countries that dont have one single university that makes to world top 10 000. Or are there any other website that put my country only university in world top 10 000. If so than what are the countries that dont have one single university that makes to world top 10 000 in any websites.
I am searching other small and poor countries in those two websites but so far I have found atleast one single university that makes to top 10 000 from those countries in either one of the website.
So what are the other countries. I know my country Maldives wouldn't be the only one because it shouldn't be. At least I hope not.
And are top 10 000 university in the world regarded as good universities. Or is it top 5000 or something.
I mean how difficult it would be to get a job for some one who have done a degree in my country university. I mean how difficult would be for him to get a good job in a foreign country compare to a guy who did his degree in Cambridge university. If both the degree are the same. I mean is there really a big difference.

Going back to that other thread, did you get your dad's bank account informations so the Ugandan lottery men could give you your U$ 10 million? or did you reply to that girl who needed you help and say the F word and A word?
Original post by Luffy.

Afghanistan, quite a few sub sahara African ones I would assume
Reply 3
Original post by Luffy.

Judging from the entry requirements (2 passes at A-level) I think you would have a bugger of a time trying to get into anything but a basic graduate program in the UK. It isn't really comparable to Cambridge. Remember to bear in mind that once you have a job your university wouldn't matter so you could move into a higher level job after a few years if you proved yourself.
Reply 4
Original post by psychojonas
Going back to that other thread, did you get your dad's bank account informations so the Ugandan lottery men could give you your U$ 10 million? or did you reply to that girl who needed you help and say the F word and A word?

Hey I have learn that there are this thing called scam from that thread. And I am 19 years old so don't think you can fool me that easily. I mean if I don't know about something than maybe. I mean someone can steal money from you too.
Anyway hopefully I didn't lose anything.
I didnt reply to her after that and I didnt say a bad word like F word or A word to her.
Anyway do you know any other countries that dont have a university that make to world top 10 000.
Reply 5
Original post by Dhaal_Chawal
Afghanistan, quite a few sub sahara African ones I would assume

American university of Afghanistan is ranked 6204 in webometrics and Kabul university ranked 7739 in 4icu so there are universities in Afghanistan that makes to world top 10 000.
Can you name some country in sub sahara Africa that fits to my requirements.
I need few countries that are worse than my country in university education.
Reply 6
Original post by dbou
Judging from the entry requirements (2 passes at A-level) I think you would have a bugger of a time trying to get into anything but a basic graduate program in the UK. It isn't really comparable to Cambridge. Remember to bear in mind that once you have a job your university wouldn't matter so you could move into a higher level job after a few years if you proved yourself.

What are you talking about in the bold part?
Original post by Luffy.
American university of Afghanistan is ranked 6204 in webometrics and Kabul university ranked 7739 in 4icu so there are universities in Afghanistan that makes to world top 10 000.
Can you name some country in sub sahara Africa that fits to my requirements.
I need few countries that are worse than my country in university education.

Democratic Republic of Congo
Reply 8
Democratic Republic of Congo

webometrics ranks universite de kinshasa in 7200 and universite de lubumbashi is ranked 7802 in 4icu. So there are universities in DR Congo that makes to world top 10 000.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Luffy.
What are you talking about in the bold part?

hes being a troll
Reply 10
Mogadishu university ranked 3661 in webometrics and Jaamacada Burco ranked 8299 in 4icu. So there are universities in Somalia that makes to world top 10 000.
Original post by Luffy.
Mogadishu university ranked 3661 in webometrics and Jaamacada Burco ranked 8299 in 4icu. So there are universities in Somalia that makes to world top 10 000.

I meant DR Congo, not Congo which is a different country.
But anyway, check these..
Niger
Burundi
Mozambique
Chad
Liberia
Burkina Faso
Siera Leone
Central African epublic
Guinea
Eritrea
Original post by Luffy.
Hey I have learn that there are this thing called scam from that thread. And I am 19 years old so don't think you can fool me that easily. I mean if I don't know about something than maybe. I mean someone can steal money from you too.
Anyway hopefully I didn't lose anything.
I didnt reply to her after that and I didnt say a bad word like F word or A word to her.
Anyway do you know any other countries that dont have a university that make to world top 10 000.

I do. Atlantis. That **** went underwater before the times of Cheesus.
Reply 13
I meant DR Congo, not Congo which is a different country.
But anyway, check these..
Niger
Burundi
Mozambique
Chad
Liberia
Burkina Faso
Siera Leone
Central African epublic
Guinea
Eritrea

My answer is for DR Congo. Forgot to write DR.
Reply 14
Niger
Burundi
Mozambique
Chad
Liberia
Burkina Faso
Siera Leone
Central African epublic
Guinea
Eritrea

Niger: Universite Abdou Moumouni ranked 9332 in 4icu.
Brunidi: Universite du Burundi ranked 8033 in 4icu
Mozambique: Universidade Eduardo Mondlane ranked 3074 in webometrics
Chad: Universite de NDjamena ranked 8882 in 4icu
Liberia: Cuttington University ranked 7000 in 4icu
Burkino Faso: Universite de Ouagadougou ranked 6644 in webometrics
Siera Leone: Fourah Bay College ranked 8020 in 4icu
Central African Republic: Universite de Bangui ranked 9900 in 4icu
Guinea: Universite Kofi Annan de Guinee ranked 8398 in 4icu
Eritrea: University of Asmara ranked 8439 in 4icu.

Dont just give any more random names. If you know a country that dont have a single university that ranked in top 10 000 in the world in any website than name it.
Maldives (my country) is the only country I know right now but I hope there will be other countries too.
Reply 15
Found another one. Name is East Timor. They have two university ranked in webometrics and there best is ranked 19460 and 4icu dont have any East Timor university.
So its Maldives and East Timor now.
What are the other countries?
And since the university in Maldives is ranked 17344 so East Timor is worse than my country Maldives.
Reply 16
this guy is nuts!
Reply 17
So did you give up on your plan to re-take your alevels in sri-lanka and now skipping straight ahead to higher education?
Reply 18
America. :tongue:
Reply 19
Original post by Robbie242
So did you give up on your plan to re-take your alevels in sri-lanka and now skipping straight ahead to higher education?

No I am just being curious and trying to know what are the countries that dont have a decent university.
So far its Timor Leste and Maldives.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending