The Student Room Group
Original post by study beats
yes

In what sense are you 'too good'? Academically? Because I got 12 A*s at GCSE and I'm got 4 A's in my January AS exams. I'm not too good to work at McDonalds, and I very much doubt you are. Name one way in which you're better than me - go on, try it.
Reply 9961
yes

I want to be a doctor and have work experience including going into theatre so you can piss off and try and get into Waitrose :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by curved
I want to be a doctor and have work experience including going into theatre so you can piss off and try and get into Waitrose :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

omg me 2
My issue with shifts being too close together. Called this morning and my 3-9 was moved to a 2-8... But of course I wasn't actually let go at 8. Which means legally I can't clock in til 07.08 tomorrow morning. Because 'we're running a business here' is more important than following the law. Funny, I thought the latter was a prerequisite for the former,
Reply 9964
Original post by RibenaRockstar
My issue with shifts being too close together. Called this morning and my 3-9 was moved to a 2-8... But of course I wasn't actually let go at 8. Which means legally I can't clock in til 07.08 tomorrow morning. Because 'we're running a business here' is more important than following the law. Funny, I thought the latter was a prerequisite for the former,

I'd say threaten them with HR maybe
Ok so i'm 14 and want to get a job over the summer, if Mcdonalds won't take me who will?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9966
Original post by Obiejess
Ok so i'm 14 and want to get a job over the summer, if Mcdonalds won't take me who will?

Posted from TSR Mobile

At 14 in the UK basically no one, you're best off seeking cleaning/babysitting/dog walking for you neighbours.
Reply 9967
Original post by BoxesAndBangles
We still have only 3 shift managers - was it the advanced shift management course? I think there will be only one of ours you didn't meet!, but we have a couple of trainee managers including myself so I should do the exam in September along with about 3 others :smile: We borrow some managers from Princes St p1 as we have the same franchisee. You must have pretty good hours in Princes Mall?

We still have the old shakey!! Take my word for it. I wish we got a new one!! It breaks down daily now. Does yours break down often?

Yeah, it was. They were saying that they had a few trainees, but until then they were stuck on ridiculous shifts. Yeah, we're open 7am-8pm now after our refurb, so an extra half hour in the morning, and an hour and half at night extra, and pretty much double the previous Sunday opening times!

We're getting a new one :p: Not sure when, but it's in the process of happening. Our sundae side is screwed, if you don't use it for a while it over freezes and won't pour so it has to be turned off for 20 minutes before you can sell any again. Once the lunch time rush comes in and it's constantly being used, it's fine though.
Original post by MrSupernova
In what sense are you 'too good'? Academically? Because I got 12 A*s at GCSE and I'm got 4 A's in my January AS exams. I'm not too good to work at McDonalds, and I very much doubt you are. Name one way in which you're better than me - go on, try it.

because i am Batman
Original post by curved

Posted from TSR Mobile

excuse me?
Original post by SortYourLife
Hey neighbour! I work in the Urmston branch aha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh hi. We should definitely be McBuddies :wink: You might know my boyfriend. He works back at Trafford now but he was in Urmston for a while and has come for a few random shifts there. His name's Andy Ramsden? Everybody calls him Chucky? :biggrin: x
Original post by curved
With Shoes for Crews are the sizings accurate? I am going to spend £40 on shoes online so I want them to fit lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've never actually had shoes from there. I prefer to buy mine for a tenner from ShoeZone as I find they last me 5 minutes no matter how much I spend on them. Haha! I'm a typical student :wink: x
I wear Dr Martens for work, they're not slippy on the floor at all and very comfy, plus you can actually wear them outside of work so will get far more use out of them for the money than purpose bought shoes.
yes

You're unemployed so you can't be that good...
because i am Batman

Well defused
Original post by Antifazian
I wear Dr Martens for work, they're not slippy on the floor at all and very comfy, plus you can actually wear them outside of work so will get far more use out of them for the money than purpose bought shoes.

That's fine for front counter and drive thru staff, but I wouldn't even consider wearing my shoes outside of work because of all the grease etc that gets on them from being in the kitchen!
Original post by Antifazian
You're unemployed so you can't be that good...

well i am
if i go for the OJE at McDonalds and do the interview....but i still dont want the job afterwards..can i decline it?

also if i work at McDonalds will i be made fun of by my co-workers? how old are the people that work there
Reply 9978
excuse me?

Get off your high horse - no student can be fussy about work. I personally can be very snobby (terrible I know but it is accidental) but I'm looking forward to working at McD's as everyone seems nice and it's money and work experience etc and the Waitrose comment was because they're very fussy and snobby in terms of employment - like you! Albeit you probably won't get a job there because you have to be polite, courteous and nice. You seem to be struggling tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by curved
Get off your high horse - no student can be fussy about work. I personally can be very snobby (terrible I know but it is accidental) but I'm looking forward to working at McD's as everyone seems nice and it's money and work experience etc and the Waitrose comment was because they're very fussy and snobby in terms of employment - like you! Albeit you probably won't get a job there because you have to be polite, courteous and nice. You seem to be struggling tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

polite, courteous and nice? i am none of those things, i would probably troll all the customers that i serve...

also i dont see what your point is...i think i am too good to work at McDonalds and being a student i will be fussy....i am sorry, but i cant work at McDonalds having known i am being mocked by my co-workers, parents and the girls watching me

Latest

Trending

Trending