The Student Room Group

Architecture Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by clareyyyyyyy
if you're not going to be predicted A*AA then i wouldn't apply to bath... i'd push for the AAA prediction too (i'm sure you already are :smile:), as without it you'd be limiting yourself to where you can apply, as most of the unis i looked at were pretty adamant on having the three A grades for entry to the course :smile:

I would kind of agree, but at the same time there was a fair bit of clearing this year (as places as 'high ranking' as Cardiff and I know people who missed a grade (got lower than three As) and got in
Original post by trinahem
Hi

I'm planning on going for Edinburgh, Strathclyde, Liverpool, UCL and maybe Bath. But I only got BBBC in my AS results, (art, phys, chem and maths), I'm predicted AAB/AAA but should I apply for Bath being AAA* is there any point or not ?

Ask yourself honestly, is an AAA/AAB prediction realistic? It's not just about getting offers, you have to meet them too.
Original post by ContemporaryTales
I would kind of agree, but at the same time there was a fair bit of clearing this year (as places as 'high ranking' as Cardiff and I know people who missed a grade (got lower than three As) and got in

i know there's a couple of unis which are a bit more lenient on grades but most still ask for AAA. i know people who missed offers by a grade (AAB) and still got on to my course - but they'd been offered AAA :smile:
Reply 103
Does anyone know if Oxford Brookes and Nottingham require interviews? I've entered both unis into my choices on UCAS. From what I know, OB interviews applicants while Nottingham doesn't interview or ask for a portfolio, but I got the little orange warning text (the one that says "You may be asked for an interview/audition/portfolio/etc" for Nottingham, yet not OB. Is the UCAS website just outdated?
Original post by Yuemie
Does anyone know if Oxford Brookes and Nottingham require interviews? I've entered both unis into my choices on UCAS. From what I know, OB interviews applicants while Nottingham doesn't interview or ask for a portfolio, but I got the little orange warning text (the one that says "You may be asked for an interview/audition/portfolio/etc" for Nottingham, yet not OB. Is the UCAS website just outdated?

Nottingham request a portfolio if you haven't done either A level Art or Design Technology :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 105
Original post by CoffeeAndCake
I've decided I'm applying to Cambridge, Bath, Edinburgh, UCL and Cardiff :smile: all ready to send my application!

There's a very high chance that we might end up meeting each other in the future :wink: :eek:

Aha it definitely sounds like it, very similar choices! :smile: How's your application going?
Are 2014 applicants current AS students? Or are current AS 2015.
Sorry about this, am a bit confused!

EDIT: After reading this I'm guessing AS students are 2015?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Jose23
Aha it definitely sounds like it, very similar choices! :smile: How's your application going?

Why not Newcastle instead of UCL, if you don't mind me asking?

All done, just waiting on my reference!
Original post by ffionhanathomas
Are 2014 applicants current AS students? Or are current AS 2015.
Sorry about this, am a bit confused!

EDIT: After reading this I'm guessing AS students are 2015?

Anyone applying this Autumn.

So mainly A2 / Gap Year students.
Reply 109
Yeah, I think so, I was really close with my AS grades less than 10 marks on all subjects to the boundary, so I feel I can get those grades. :smile: Thanks though
Ask yourself honestly, is an AAA/AAB prediction realistic? It's not just about getting offers, you have to meet them too.
Reply 110
Why not Newcastle instead of UCL, if you don't mind me asking?

All done, just waiting on my reference!

I don't know really, I just never really wanted to live in London, and the course sounded like it was mainly arty, I nearly went for it but changed my mind. I wasn't that bothered about Newcastle but really liked it on the open day!

Me too, my school deadline is next week for Cambridge applications so I'm ready to go!
Reply 111
Hi, I am Dinesh From India. I got admit into both Sheffield ( MA Architectural Deisgn) and Nottingham University ( M Arch Technology). Can any one suggest me, which is better in Course, Skill and city-wise please.:smile:
Original post by Yuemie

Following on from coffeeandcake, Nottingham don't interview at all (regardless whether you take art)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jose23
I don't know really, I just never really wanted to live in London, and the course sounded like it was mainly arty, I nearly went for it but changed my mind. I wasn't that bothered about Newcastle but really liked it on the open day!

Me too, my school deadline is next week for Cambridge applications so I'm ready to go!

Ah, okay. I personally wasn't initially that bothered about Edinburgh, but I went to open day and loved it :love: It's now one of my top choices :colondollar:

Is anyone else interested in doing an Architecture Applicants stalking page? I guess we probably wouldn't need a whole page, as we're such a small subject, but I could edit something into the first post if people want?

A possible template could be:

Username: ​DummyUser
GCSE Results: 5A*s, 2As, 3Bs
AS Subjects / Results: AABB (Art, Maths, Physics, Geography)
A2 Subjects / Predictions: A*AB (Art, Maths, Geography)
Foundation Year: No
University Choices: Bath, Oxford Brookes, UCL, Sheffield

If anyone wants to do this, post your details and I'll put them in the first post :h: Alternatively, if someone wants to make a stalking page, feel free!
(edited 10 years ago)
Anyone applying this Autumn.

So mainly A2 / Gap Year students.

Thank you so much! I am 2015 then.
Reply 115
Does anyone applying for University of west of england in Bristol? Is it a good uni for architecture? cuz this is my back up choice
:smile:
Reply 116
Ah, okay. I personally wasn't initially that bothered about Edinburgh, but I went to open day and loved it :love: It's now one of my top choices :colondollar:

Does anyone else interested in doing an Architecture Applicants stalking page? I guess we probably wouldn't need a whole page, as we're such a small subject, but I could edit something into the first post if people want?

A possible template could be:

Username: ​DummyUser
GCSE Results: 5A*s, 2As, 3Bs
AS Subjects / Results: AABB (Art, Maths, Physics, Geography)
A2 Subjects / Predictions: A*AB (Art, Maths, Geography)
Foundation Year: No
University Choices: Bath, Oxford Brookes, UCL, Sheffield

If anyone wants to do this, post your details and I'll put them in the first post :h: Alternatively, if someone wants to make a stalking page, feel free!

Same, I was never going to apply there, went to see Manchester and hated it, so tried Edinburgh as a replacement and loved it!

Sounds like a good plan to me, it's good to see how everyone else is doing! :smile:
Reply 117
I finally made up my mind, I'm going to apply to: Bath, UCL, Cambridge, Edinburgh and Cardiff...

Anyone finished with their personal statement? I've got so much cutting down to do :/
Reply 118
Original post by anowak
I finally made up my mind, I'm going to apply to: Bath, UCL, Cambridge, Edinburgh and Cardiff...

Anyone finished with their personal statement? I've got so much cutting down to do :/

Looks like I wont be seeing you :P i'm not applying to any of those unis.

Ive had to rewrite most of my personal statement..its becoming a drag
I'm not sure I understand your question.

I made a shortlist of places I liked, based on entry requirements, course content, league tables etc. Then I went to open days to see them. Then based on all that information, I decided where to apply?

thanks for answering it tho.
I'm not applying to Cambridge in the end since I haven't got the required A levels grades for it; I got A*AB.
My choices are UCL, CSM, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Leeds then.
I heard Bath was more science-y that's why I'm not applying there too

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending