The Student Room Group

Racist cashier at Lidl

'Go on, you Muslim, die': Shocking moment smirking Lidl shop assistant abuses a customer in row over plastic bags
Still can't believe racism exists. Scroll down the page for the video.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2541183/Shocking-moment-smirking-female-shop-assistant-Lidl-racially-abuses-Muslim-customer.html

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Apparently she's Muslim herself according to the someone on the Lidl FB page.
Reply 2
yeah it exists...see lee rigby killing is also a hate crime
Reply 3
Once again Islam is not a race, a race is e.g. white, black, latino. Islam is a set of beliefs, an ideology that people of any race can believe in
Original post by r_u_jelly
yeah it exists...see lee rigby killing is also a hate crime

Um what does that got to do with anything? Are you trying to stirrup trouble? Also, it was a religious attack not a racist one.

The thread's example and your comment refers to religious attacks/discrimination.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Of course racism still exists. People tend to think just because we live in a more multicultural society that that solves everything but it doesn't and there's still a lot to overcome as far as I'm concerned.
Original post by Ace123
Once again Islam is not a race, a race is e.g. white, black, latino. Islam is a set of beliefs, an ideology that people of any race can believe in

Anti discriminatory acts cover a person's religion as well, and the cashier didn't say any thing about his religion, but more the religion he belongs to. She said the word "Muslim" That's what UK law doesn't allow, so in the eyes of the law, yes she's racist

Badly worded, but "I hate Islam" is OK in the eyes of the law. "I hate Muslims" not so
(edited 10 years ago)
No respect what so ever
Reply 8
Original post by Ravenous
Apparently she's Muslim herself according to the someone on the Lidl FB page.

Indeed.

Lidl Facebook page
Sharif Shah
From a brother who works at this lidl: "This storys been made to look as though she is a racist when in reality she is a Pakistani Muslim. Obviously when you don't know that its easy to think shes a Sikh or Hindu or something along those lines. The guy didn't want to pay 3p for a carrier bag and so decided to make in appropriate comment about her wearing a scarf and her husband. As any normal person who goes to work to earn a wage and not be abused by a stranger would, she reacted, and the media as always jumped on it and twisted it. Since this morning so many narrow minded people who believe anything the media tells them have been talking nonsense and sending her death threats and all sorts. People in general need to open their eyes and stop being puppet to the media. The comment about her mocking the guy by calling him Mohammed is also nonsense. The guy in the black sweater beside her is Mohammed, That's his name. She was not saying YOU MUSLIM! DIE!. She was saying YOU(RE) MUSLIM?! FULLSTOP. DIE. She missed a couple full stops and comers in her sentence and again its been twisted. The whole situation is pathetic and the people sending death threats need to stop letting the media play with their minds."

Please read this and let everyone know.

Given the time at which the video started it obviously paints a much worse picture of her. Still the woman shouldn't have reacted like that...
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 9
Mans need to meditate.
Original post by Bulbasaur
Indeed.

Given the time at which the video started it obviously paints a much worse picture of her. Still the woman shouldn't have reacted like that...

Tbf, she did call for HIS death ie: "You're a Muslim. Go die"
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Bulbasaur

I can believe that. From reading the transcript it sounds like she's saying 'you're a bad Muslim for being so rude'. Both of them should have walked away, but far worse has been said at checkouts, I'm sure.

An argument in Lidl should not make the news.
Reply 12
they just need a Lidl understanding...

:getmecoat:
Reply 13
Original post by Ace123

*Groan*

Races don't exist. The theory that there were separate groups of humanity that effectively formed their own sub-species was long ago dispelled as pseudoscientific garbage. People look a bit different depending on their origins, sure, but the outdated idea that they can be catalogued in this way is disgusting.

Racism refers, now, to people who are discriminated against on the basis of presumed racial-type criteria: appearance, place of origin - all that nonsense.

Muslims are often discriminated against on racial grounds.
Original post by the bear
they just need a Lidl understanding...

:getmecoat:

Loool
Reply 15
What happened to DM's website? Why can't I see the comment section?
I don't get it. How is this racism? Unless she assumed he was a Muslim because he was Brown. But she's brown as well. And a Muslim. This makes no sense at all. Just like treating Islam like a race is.

Cashier
'I was having a good day until I saw your f***ing face'

Now that's quite a comment there.
Original post by L i b
*Groan*

Races don't exist. The theory that there were separate groups of humanity that effectively formed their own sub-species was long ago dispelled as pseudoscientific garbage. People look a bit different depending on their origins, sure, but the outdated idea that they can be catalogued in this way is disgusting.

Racism refers, now, to people who are discriminated against on the basis of presumed racial-type criteria: appearance, place of origin - all that nonsense.

Muslims are often discriminated against on racial grounds.

Lulwut?

SO white people, black people, Asians, etc don't exist?

Definitions of race:

A local geographic or global human population distinguished as a more or less distinct group by genetically transmitted physical characteristics.
2. A group of people united or classified together on the basis of common history, nationality, or geographic distribution:the German race.
3. A genealogical line; a lineage.
4. Humans considered as a group.
5. Biology

You cannot be a human unless part of one of the above definitions.

So, your argument is literally that the humans don't exist.
(edited 10 years ago)
She should get fired, no doubt about it.
A tad unprofessional, Lidl wonder she's in trouble.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending