The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I applied to the Nottingham one and got sent a form to fill in but got an e-mail today saying I was unsuccessful but they gave me an offer for an accounting course, just not the degree programme. So still a happy ending!
I have applied to the KPMG on and waiting for the 1st round interview (think everyone gets a 1st round interview)

How is your application going?
Reply 2
I got to the second last round (interview and etray exercise) of KPMG last year, so I can answer any questions if you have any. Three of us from my school applied and I was the only one who got an interview. So well done! There is only one round left for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by F10THU
I got to the second last round (interview and etray exercise) of KPMG last year, so I can answer any questions if you have any. Three of us from my school applied and I was the only one who got an interview. So well done! There is only one round left for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That makes me feel better! How did you find the exercise they gave you in the first round interview. I looked at the practice questions and it's stuff I have never seen before. Also did the interviewer ask the typical questions such as "why do want to be on the programme/what can you bring to the organisation" etc

Also for the pwc thing did you get a form to fill in. Had questions like "who inspires you, what makes you think you will succeed at this programme, talk about a significant achievement you got...etc" Not sure if that was just Nottingham that sent that
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4
The exercise was my downfall. I found it hard due to the vast amount of information. Have they told you the questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by F10THU
The exercise was my downfall. I found it hard due to the vast amount of information. Have they told you the questions?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, they just give you practice questions and example answers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Hey, i've applied for the pwc at reading havent heard anything so far sent my UCAS off last tuesday got an email saying they received my application and are now processing it? Can i ask what you're predicted and AS grades are?
Reply 7
I have an invite to the assessment centre. Should be interesting. GoodLuck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I've also been invited to the Assessment day at Reading :smile: My predictions were AAB, what were other people's predictions?
Reply 9
Original post by simrankx
I've also been invited to the Assessment day at Reading :smile: My predictions were AAB, what were other people's predictions?

My predictions where A*AB (Business, Maths and Psychology, applied a week ago and still haven't heard anything... When did you apply?
and Good Luck for your assessment day :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by ZahraI
My predictions where A*AB (Business, Maths and Psychology, applied a week ago and still haven't heard anything... When did you apply?
and Good Luck for your assessment day :smile:
I applied on the 10th October :smile: After not hearing back from them for a while I emailed and asked when I would find out if I was invited to the assessment day and they replied saying they were reviewing the applications now, then the next day they emailed inviting me to the assessment day. Thanks!
Reply 11
Got invited to the assessment day for Newcastle (sorry, I couldn't find a newcastle specific thread so I'm hijacking yours!) :smile: Have submitted my supplementary form after a few hours completing and polishing it today.

Fingers crossed, good luck to everyone.
Reply 12
Original post by KForshaw
Got invited to the assessment day for Newcastle (sorry, I couldn't find a newcastle specific thread so I'm hijacking yours!) :smile: Have submitted my supplementary form after a few hours completing and polishing it today.

Fingers crossed, good luck to everyone.

I got an invite too! When do you think you'll go for the AC? Good Luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by F10THU
I got an invite too! When do you think you'll go for the AC? Good Luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure! I think I put down that I'm available for every date except those in February thanks, you too!

Have you confirmed your dates yet too?
Reply 14
I'm not sure! I think I put down that I'm available for every date except those in February thanks, you too!

Have you confirmed your dates yet too?

Not yet, I'll do it tonight hopefully. I've done the form. I don't like the supplementary form we have been given, Reading's was a lot better. Well i don't really like question 3...
Reply 15
Original post by F10THU
Not yet, I'll do it tonight hopefully. I've done the form. I don't like the supplementary form we have been given, Reading's was a lot better. Well i don't really like question 3...

Yeah I was quite surprised with what was on the form, like asking who your perfect client would be and things like that. But i spent quite a bit of time on it and think I did it well. Not applied to reading, what sort of questions were on that on?
Reply 16
Reading just didnt have the question on your ideal firm. Do you know if Newcastle will give us tests at the AC? Reading will. Have Newcastle given you, your AC date?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
I'm a second year on the pwc course at Newcastle if you want any advice :smile: know a lot about reading too as it started the same year as my intake
Reply 18
Yeah I was quite surprised with what was on the form, like asking who your perfect client would be and things like that. But i spent quite a bit of time on it and think I did it well. Not applied to reading, what sort of questions were on that on?

Have Newcastle confirmed a date with you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Original post by Josie1994
I'm a second year on the pwc course at Newcastle if you want any advice :smile: know a lot about reading too as it started the same year as my intake

What was your AC like?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending