The Student Room Group

I'm Wonderful and I'm Single Society XXI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by spiral87
Me too! I've had all the letters through but they still haven't updated my Track :s

Hmm thats strange. Do you mean offer letters?

Original post by Ruffiio
Yes.

Spoiler

Pffft bahahah. Ah that actually made me laugh xD Its alright, you still count :biggrin:

Original post by Robbie242
I am :smile: Going to hopefully study Mmath at Warwick for 4 years :tongue:

Aw thats coooool :smile: Im doing cell biology for 4 years at either Edinburgh or St Andrews... not decided yet xD
Original post by RDavies93
Expressing an opinion doesn't make you a problem. If somebody doesn't like what you have to say then of course they can express that but not in a negative manner that clearly has left you feeling like rubbish. You're not the problem. Stop thinking that :hug:

Like I said before, I'm a very abrasive person.
Original post by itssimplyme
Which course/uni? :smile:

Same! Can't wait hehe :tongue:

Cell biology at either St Andrews or Edinburgh :smile: What about yourself?
Reply 4683
Original post by Pallas Athena
Really good is fantastic! :smile: Nothing much, what about you?

Lol it is indeed!!! Not nuch either; unless trying to not procrastinate and studyyyy countsss:colondollar:$

Original post by Suzi.Letham
So- anyone here going to uni this year in september then? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am:smile:)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by StartSomething
Make the most of it!!

Perhaps not that seeing as I always left everything to the last minute, but as sad as it sounds, I do miss learning.

I get that :smile: I love uni for my course first and foremost.

Original post by sarcasmrules
Like I said before, I'm a very abrasive person.

So what? Still not your fault if you rub people the wrong way. You can't change the way you are for the benefit of others. That's theirs to deal with not yours. If people don't take kindly to your opinions then why bother with them after all?

Ahh thats cool. You looking forward to it? What you hoping to study?
Reply 4686
Ahh thats cool. You looking forward to it? What you hoping to study?

Yeppp im really excited!! Especially to leave my current hometown!! Haha. I shall be studying Actuarial Science:smile:) what about yourself?:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

So what? Still not your fault if you rub people the wrong way. You can't change the way you are for the benefit of others. That's theirs to deal with not yours. If people don't take kindly to your opinions then why bother with them after all?

That's not the point. I ought to have more tact when talking to people. It's I'm always alienating people and if I always go for the "it's them that need to change" mentality then they will leave me and I will be alone. Just holding out until uni now, hopefully things will change then.
That's not the point. I ought to have more tact when talking to people. It's I'm always alienating people and if I always go for the "it's them that need to change" mentality then they will leave me and I will be alone. Just holding out until uni now, hopefully things will change then.

I'm so so so blunt with people like it's actually ridiculous.

I tried having tact and it made me a bit miserable. I am terrible. Sometimes, I just don't like someone, something about them ticks me off for some reason or another, and then I just ice them out (apparently in a very abrupt and obvious manner) and am very short with them until the f*** off and leave me alone. You're always going to p*** people off. It's a fact of life. And they're always gonna tick you off too. Of course you'll meet more like-minded people at uni, you'll probably meet people that you'll want to keep around forever. And then they'll put up with your abrasiveness and any other rubbish you give them because they'll want you around too. There is always a positive and an up.
Original post by mjj22
Yeppp im really excited!! Especially to leave my current hometown!! Haha. I shall be studying Actuarial Science:smile:) what about yourself?:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha I feel the same :smile: Cell biology. You got a first choice uni yet?
Original post by lauraaaaa
I'm so so so blunt with people like it's actually ridiculous.

Fair enough, I've become more passive lately though...
I tried having tact and it made me a bit miserable. I am terrible. Sometimes, I just don't like someone, something about them ticks me off for some reason or another, and then I just ice them out (apparently in a very abrupt and obvious manner) and am very short with them until the f*** off and leave me alone. You're always going to p*** people off. It's a fact of life. And they're always gonna tick you off too. Of course you'll meet more like-minded people at uni, you'll probably meet people that you'll want to keep around forever. And then they'll put up with your abrasiveness and any other rubbish you give them because they'll want you around too. There is always a positive and an up.

This is exactly me. Apparently I'm 'moody', but I just want to be by myself for a bit. I want to try to be more calm though, I don't want to be known as the 'menstrual guy that flips out at everything'. And yeah, uni looks very promising.
Reply 4692

Oh another one, waiting for uni to meet really cool people. We're on the same boat! I'm in an all girl school and I really dislike a lot of girls there that are like from the french aristocraty, are very conservative and elitist. Can't wait to study in the UK ! (Or in Canada maybe, I don't know yet)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4693
Evening everyone

I see quite a few people are excited about starting uni this year and meeting new people? I would have to say I'm on the same boat

Found out some shocking news yesterday. Was speaking to an old time friend, some one I've grown up with and seen as a brother. He's... Changed..
He's going down a dark... Illegal path, which is all I can really say here :s , but it's quite heart breaking that he's making these choices and I can't do anything about it. I would hate to see him end up in Jail. Sorry for the over dramatic vent :frown: , was needed

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by okjoy
Oh another one, waiting for uni to meet really cool people. We're on the same boat! I'm in an all girl school and I really dislike a lot of girls there that are like from the french aristocraty, are very conservative and elitist. Can't wait to study in the UK ! (Or in Canada maybe, I don't know yet)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it will be nice! Are you French then? En ce moment, j'étudie le français!
Reply 4695
Yeah, it will be nice! Are you French then? En ce moment, j'étudie le français!

Oui, je suis française :smile:
Do you know where you're going to uni ?

I expected a lot from getting into high school as well and .. I can't say that I was disappointed but I'm a little tired of my high school, it is unlike any other (all girl boarding school, veryy rare in France) so it is very difficult for me to meet new people right now. I think I can expect better from uni :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4696
haha I feel the same :smile: Cell biology. You got a first choice uni yet?

Whoa!!!! I cany fobiology to save myself soyou must be reallygood:biggrin: and yes l do Heriott Watt:smile: and what about yourself?:tongue:

Original post by AR_95
Evening everyone

I see quite a few people are excited about starting uni this year and meeting new people? I would have to say I'm on the same boat

Found out some shocking news yesterday. Was speaking to an old time friend, some one I've grown up with and seen as a brother. He's... Changed..
He's going down a dark... Illegal path, which is all I can really say here :s , but it's quite heart breaking that he's making these choices and I can't do anything about it. I would hate to see him end up in Jail. Sorry for the over dramatic vent :frown: , was needed

Posted from TSR Mobile

Am sorry to hear that:redface: however l guess genuinely people change... And sometimes we just cant do anything about it because everyone learns from their mistakes in their own time:frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by okjoy
I may go to Warwick too ! I'm waiting to see which other options I have because right now I've only got an offer from them and it's veryyy expensive...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh cool :biggrin: The offer or accommodation? :tongue:

For what course? :smile:
Fair enough, I've become more passive lately though...

This is exactly me. Apparently I'm 'moody', but I just want to be by myself for a bit. I want to try to be more calm though, I don't want to be known as the 'menstrual guy that flips out at everything'. And yeah, uni looks very promising.

I usually can curb it if I exercise (like a lot). At the moment I'm a raving b**** because I'm so sedentary and in pain. I even lost my nut with a lecturer today :redface: People deal with it honestly :tongue: "menstrual guy" lol. I'm honestly positive you'll be fine :smile: Of course it's promising, it's a new place, new people. You'll have fun :h:
Why am I such an idiot? :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest