The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dipansh
they can atleast win this one :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well they better do :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by moment of truth
Exactly! I don't understand why they would keep an unchanged team. It js something that Dhoni does, wasn't expecting Kohli to do the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile

wasn't expecting it too!
Original post by moment of truth
Haha good. I just saw the team against Afghanistan...still playing an unchanged team even though it is a dead rubber...really doesn't make any sense to me...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's Kohli the captain lol bein a bc
Original post by daindian
It's Kohli the captain lol bein a bc

And he keeps dropping catches!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9924
Original post by cupcakes87
ding ding ding

we have a winner

yep.thats my name!!!!

I love your name :smile:
well India won that easy. lol
Original post by pram
I love your name :smile:

oh

thank you!!!
http://www.chatzy.com/56652969615416

Brahs, IndiaSoc chat. PM me for the password :wink:
Original post by Ggmu!

Nobody wants to invade Russia right now. That would create a tonne of instability in the oil market and would send the stock market plummeting. Can you imagine Dow Jones taking like 3000 point loss? Nobody wants to do that, I imagine. We must remember that dollar is the king no matter what. It's very rare that lives are worth more than the dollar. In this case of Ukraine, they are not worth enough for any British or American boots to be on the ground. Ukraine has firmly been in Russia's grip for years and is trying to break out in a dangerous fashion.
Good point about the pipelines, didn't think about that.

That is the reality of political elite in Russia. Their system is just a little more explicit than ours, but I don't believe it runs THAT differently. Our political system is deeply concealed. We have little knowledge of what our political elite do or believe. We are hypocrites to criticise Russia.

Indeed. Britain looks out for her interests and helps when she can. I love our country and I will not see it deplete its resources for other countries.

Posted from TSR Mobile
There are rumors of war with Putin employing his troops around the border and in Ukraine which seems rather unfair.
The EU is at least just as, and probably much more, greedy as Russia when it comes to Ukraine. It is hardly in any shape to offer Ukraine anything substantial economically, except of course if we are counting economic ruin, in the form of increased competitiveness that would shut down many Ukrainian industries, as well as astronomical costs associated with implementing insane IMF requirements, which would bankrupt not only the country, but its people directly, through higher costs on utilities, etc. It seems that Ukraine's open markets to Europe will only benefit the few industrious western European states that remain (i.e. Germany, France) by granting them access to another ~50 million consumers, while out-competing Ukrainian companies and driving them out of business. This has happened to nearly every country that has joined the EU in the last few decades - the shutting down of national industries and manufacturing alongside a flood of European products. It is no wonder why most EU countries are experiencing either economic stagnation (at best), or outright failure (Greece, Spain, etc.). These countries don't produce anything of value anymore! Many ex-Soviet states had factories completely disassembled and shut down after joining the EU, whose "European values" did not protect them from the financial crisis, or the mass unemployment that resulted, or demographic collapse (the list goes on). If Ukraine opens its markets with the association agreement (the EU won't go so far as to actually allow the country to become a member), it will only postpone the inevitable collapse of the European Union due to the policies described above and their results.
Also Ukraine's economy is too closely tied to Russia to just switch alliances so quickly. Let's not forget that Russia is not the Soviet Union, it's simply a hybrid of communism and capitalism sprinkled with authoritarian rule. That said, Russia is still powerful and not a country to be further agitated by stripping it of a major partner. Besides, the EU is no better than Russia. Their nanny state rulers France and Germany have stripped Eastern Europe of its economic independence. Even older EU countries like Greece and Spain aren't free from the manipulation. Ukraine made the right move by sticking to its traditional allies. They can reform their country ON THEIR OWN if need be. If this turns into civil war, trust me that Russia will be the only country willing to help Ukraine, and we all know whose side they will take....
Aah some of those useless citezenship and history loessons finally came to use :tongue:
Original post by Asklepios

what is this????
what is this????

'tis a chatroom, thought it would be a good idea
'tis a chatroom, thought it would be a good idea

not that i don't trust you but it looks dodgy so i'll pass!!!!
not that i don't trust you but it looks dodgy so i'll pass!!!!

It's just for us!
Reply 9933
Original post by chocolatesauce
There are rumors of war with Putin employing his troops around the border and in Ukraine which seems rather unfair.
The EU is at least just as, and probably much more, greedy as Russia when it comes to Ukraine. It is hardly in any shape to offer Ukraine anything substantial economically, except of course if we are counting economic ruin, in the form of increased competitiveness that would shut down many Ukrainian industries, as well as astronomical costs associated with implementing insane IMF requirements, which would bankrupt not only the country, but its people directly, through higher costs on utilities, etc. It seems that Ukraine's open markets to Europe will only benefit the few industrious western European states that remain (i.e. Germany, France) by granting them access to another ~50 million consumers, while out-competing Ukrainian companies and driving them out of business. This has happened to nearly every country that has joined the EU in the last few decades - the shutting down of national industries and manufacturing alongside a flood of European products. It is no wonder why most EU countries are experiencing either economic stagnation (at best), or outright failure (Greece, Spain, etc.). These countries don't produce anything of value anymore! Many ex-Soviet states had factories completely disassembled and shut down after joining the EU, whose "European values" did not protect them from the financial crisis, or the mass unemployment that resulted, or demographic collapse (the list goes on). If Ukraine opens its markets with the association agreement (the EU won't go so far as to actually allow the country to become a member), it will only postpone the inevitable collapse of the European Union due to the policies described above and their results.
Also Ukraine's economy is too closely tied to Russia to just switch alliances so quickly. Let's not forget that Russia is not the Soviet Union, it's simply a hybrid of communism and capitalism sprinkled with authoritarian rule. That said, Russia is still powerful and not a country to be further agitated by stripping it of a major partner. Besides, the EU is no better than Russia. Their nanny state rulers France and Germany have stripped Eastern Europe of its economic independence. Even older EU countries like Greece and Spain aren't free from the manipulation. Ukraine made the right move by sticking to its traditional allies. They can reform their country ON THEIR OWN if need be. If this turns into civil war, trust me that Russia will be the only country willing to help Ukraine, and we all know whose side they will take....
Aah some of those useless citezenship and history loessons finally came to use :tongue:

Will reply properly later but that was actually so nice to read. Thanks.
Reply 9934
It's just for us!

PM it to me please!
Original post by ScarlettRyder
What're ISA's? :tongue: I'm doing (being done by :tongue:) the IB...
It starts on May 5th and ends on May 22nd...
Yeahh I'm doing that! Have mocks in two weeks though...so that should get me cracking! :P

Ohh, they stand for "Investigative Skills Assessment" and they are basically practicals that you do and get marked on.. they can bring down your grade if you do badly though!! :frown:

Ahh, I've heard that IB is difficult?! How are you coping with it? :smile:
Oh very best of luck for your mocks! :tongue: Haha you betcha!

hmmmm looks interesting, PM me please because I'm too lazy! :tongue:
good morning!

weathers back to normal again. sigh.
Reply 9938

GOSH that is one long essay! :tongue:
x

how did dress up day go? i mean World Book Day... :tongue: lol

Latest