The Student Room Group

Is anyone else in this situation?

So basically I got into Cass Business School for Investment and Financial Risk Management BSc via clearing. Now that's all done and dusted, I can't seem to find a single place to live in. Everything either requires payment before I even get my student loan/grant or is fully booked with like 100 people on the waiting list.

City Uni has been an amazing help too, not allocating any Halls spaces to anyone who went through Clearing. The waiting list for theirs is around 90 people.

I've also tried private accommodation but everything is either too far or taken or has a £3000 deposit to pay.

Given the lack of accommodation for students for Cass, I don't think I'm gonna be able to go this year, and I'm considering withdrawing my application and waiting till next year to apply again. Just makes me feel ultra fed up.

I'd like to know if anyone else is going through this.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Thahleel
So basically I got into Cass Business School for Investment and Financial Risk Management BSc via clearing. Now that's all done and dusted, I can't seem to find a single place to live in. Everything either requires payment before I even get my student loan/grant or is fully booked with like 100 people on the waiting list.

City Uni has been an amazing help too, not allocating any Halls spaces to anyone who went through Clearing. The waiting list for theirs is around 90 people.

I've also tried private accommodation but everything is either too far or taken or has a £3000 deposit to pay.

Given the lack of accommodation for students for Cass, I don't think I'm gonna be able to go this year, and I'm considering withdrawing my application and waiting till next year to apply again. Just makes me feel ultra fed up.

I'd like to know if anyone else is going through this.

Same here halls are fully booked and off campus accommodation is mank and the student ones require £450 deposit. I'm getting increasingly frustrated as well.
Original post by Dijonnay
Same here halls are fully booked and off campus accommodation is mank and the student ones require £450 deposit. I'm getting increasingly frustrated as well.

I got so happy I was able to get a place through Clearing at Cass, I didn't know this was going to happen :frown:
Reply 3
I got so happy I was able to get a place through Clearing at Cass, I didn't know this was going to happen :frown:

I know right! I thought that there would be accommodation reserved for clearing students but there isn't and I don't know what to do.:confused:
I know right! I thought that there would be accommodation reserved for clearing students but there isn't and I don't know what to do.:confused:

I've had emails from around 20 of the student accommodation companies telling me they're either full, too expensive, or have 51 week contracts which in the end make them too expensive. I used to think £200 a week would be fine for a room in London, but its like £200 only gets you the bad rooms in houses who want massive deposits.

I honestly thought Cass would have their own accommodation for students separate from City but this was not the case.
Reply 5
I've had emails from around 20 of the student accommodation companies telling me they're either full, too expensive, or have 51 week contracts which in the end make them too expensive. I used to think £200 a week would be fine for a room in London, but its like £200 only gets you the bad rooms in houses who want massive deposits.

I honestly thought Cass would have their own accommodation for students separate from City but this was not the case.

Oh I get your situation because initially I was going to a university in London and looking for accommodation was torture so I settled for Stoke. Would you be able to live by yourself. I've seen studio flats for £700 and £800 per month. Even though it's a lot they look decent.
Oh I get your situation because initially I was going to a university in London and looking for accommodation was torture so I settled for Stoke. Would you be able to live by yourself. I've seen studio flats for £700 and £800 per month. Even though it's a lot they look decent.

I'd be able to live by myself however it depends where those flats are.
Now you have a place confirmed you can take your UCAS letter to the bank and open a student account, most come with around £1000 overdraft which would be enough to cover a deposit. A deposit is standard and even if you live in halls you have to find one for second/third year accommodation.
Reply 8
Original post by rainbowworld
Now you have a place confirmed you can take your UCAS letter to the bank and open a student account, most come with around £1000 overdraft which would be enough to cover a deposit. A deposit is standard and even if you live in halls you have to find one for second/third year accommodation.

I wouldn't want to take out that much and be left with less for the 3 years and I don't want to add more to my student loan that I have to pay back.:s-smilie:
Original post by rainbowworld

I can't find any accommodation right now, I'm not fussy and I wouldn't mind living anywhere which is near to Cass given the price of the place is right. I haven't gotten my AS12 letter.
Reply 10
I'd be able to live by myself however it depends where those flats are.

I can help you look for some close to the uni if you want.

Yeah that's too far away, I don't have a car.
Reply 13
Yeah that's too far away, I don't have a car.
What's your max budget?
What's your max budget?

£800-£900 a month
You can do IFRM through clearing now? Jesus.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending