The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Official University of Surrey Q&A

Scroll to see replies

I have applied for Chemical Engineering and was really hoping to be invited to the applicant day on 10th December. How long has it taken people to get invitations? do they come through on the Surrey portal thingy or via ucas track?
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
I've applied for Electronic Engineering With Space Systems and have been invited to the applicant day on 3rd December. Will there be a one to one discussion or interview on this day? And are people invited to the applicant day guaranteed an offer or is there still the possibility of receiving a rejection?
Reply 622
Hi I have received an offer for medical engineering. I would like to know how many people done the course last year thanks.
Hi,

Can I know roughly how many students the university take for the course accounting and finance?

Also, what happened once an international student arrived at the airport? Will there be a special bus waiting etc?

Lastly, how diverse is the university?

Thanks,
Safirah
I have an interview for midwifery tomorrow. Was just wondering if role play is included in the MMI system used. Also, will I be required it carry out maths and English test? Thank you
Original post by Izzydizzy
I have applied for Chemical Engineering and was really hoping to be invited to the applicant day on 10th December. How long has it taken people to get invitations? do they come through on the Surrey portal thingy or via ucas track?

Hi there,
You'll receive an invitation to an applicant day after there is a preliminary check over your application. However, there is a limited amount of space on each Applicant Day so it is not always possible to invite everyone to the first one that runs after they apply.
Would it be possible for you to private message me your full name and UCAS number and I can check what stage your application is at? We might then be able to book you on to the 10th :smile:
Original post by 08kofficer
I have an interview for midwifery tomorrow. Was just wondering if role play is included in the MMI system used. Also, will I be required it carry out maths and English test? Thank you

Hi there,
We're really sorry we've missed your question before you attended your interview! We hope all went well today :smile:
Original post by HSafirah
Hi,

Can I know roughly how many students the university take for the course accounting and finance?

Also, what happened once an international student arrived at the airport? Will there be a special bus waiting etc?

Lastly, how diverse is the university?

Thanks,
Safirah

Hi Safirah,

Obviously this is changeable, but we've currently got 150 students in Accounting and Finance. In terms of arriving in the UK, there will be a special meet and greet for you at the airport, see here for more information (this explains what happened earlier this year). In terms of diversity, we are an incredibly diverse university currently within the top 10 most diverse universities in the UK. :smile:

Thanks!
Original post by University of Surrey
Hi there,
You'll receive an invitation to an applicant day after there is a preliminary check over your application. However, there is a limited amount of space on each Applicant Day so it is not always possible to invite everyone to the first one that runs after they apply.
Would it be possible for you to private message me your full name and UCAS number and I can check what stage your application is at? We might then be able to book you on to the 10th :smile:

Thank you so much, that would be amazing. But I do understand it might be full and therefore not possible. I'll pm you now.
Hey, I've just got an offer for English Lit! I haven't heard anything about applicant days, what are they and how do they involve me? Do i need to go to one to receive my offer?
Original post by Willburrr
Hey, I've just got an offer for English Lit! I haven't heard anything about applicant days, what are they and how do they involve me? Do i need to go to one to receive my offer?

Applicant days are just a chance for potential students to get a better idea on the University and course and what it's like to study here, to ask any questions you may have and meet other applicants :smile: they have no bearing on your offer and now you've got a offer you should soon be invited to attend one as far as I am aware :smile: they are not in any way compulsory but are usually very informative :smile:
Original post by KiwiMonkey96
Applicant days are just a chance for potential students to get a better idea on the University and course and what it's like to study here, to ask any questions you may have and meet other applicants :smile: they have no bearing on your offer and now you've got a offer you should soon be invited to attend one as far as I am aware :smile: they are not in any way compulsory but are usually very informative :smile:

ah okay, thank you so much!! x
Reply 632
Hi there! I am going to apply for International Events Management and since it's a new programme I was wondering how popular you think it will be and how many places will be offered on this course :smile:
Thank you!
Reply 633
Can you help please, I've been invited to an English applicant visit day but when I log on to book it there are no dates/events on there?
Original post by LJDRx
Can you help please, I've been invited to an English applicant visit day but when I log on to book it there are no dates/events on there?

Hi there,
We're really sorry you're experiencing problems! If you drop [email protected] an email, they should be able to help sort this for you. :smile:
Hello, was wondering if you'd be able to find out around what period Surrey will be sending offers for Politics? I've applied for the Sociology and Politics course and I'm so anxious for the response :P
Hello! I applied for Mathematics with Statistics at Surrey and have been invited to an Applicants Day. There are rumours going around that these are interviews and others that are saying it means I'll get an offer... Please can you clear this up for me? Thanks!
Reply 637
Original post by University of Surrey
Hi everyone. Our official TSR profile is now active and we’re here to answer all your questions about Surrey, whether you’re thinking of applying, going through the application process or already studying here. Ask us about anything - from course details to Surrey’s nightlife - and we’ll find the best person to help you!

Please feel free to post your questions in this thread, or if you prefer you can send us a private message. We’ll aim to get back to you ASAP but please allow a few days for a response.

Helo,thank you for this facility. I have an offer for adult nursing degree,february 2015. can you please advise on the actual days and times lectures and seminars are expected to take place in the first year. this information will be very helpful to me as I need to make child care arrangements in advance.
Hi, it's me again :colondollar: Can I just try to get an understanding of your process for chem eng...? I have been invited to an applicant day in Feb. Your chem eng department don't send out offers until after the applicant day - does being invited to the applicant day mean that I will receive an offer? I'm assuming you won't invite me to travel down for the day, spend money on train tickets and possibly a hotel if they're still considering my application...? Sorry to be a nuisance!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mariam35
Hello, was wondering if you'd be able to find out around what period Surrey will be sending offers for Politics? I've applied for the Sociology and Politics course and I'm so anxious for the response :P

Hi Mariam,

We're just trying to find out for you :smile: Don't stress though, we're sure you'll hear back soon!
Let you know when we hear back!

Best wishes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending