The Student Room Group

What is your favourite radio station?

Scroll to see replies

Radio 4
5Live
Talksport just to hear the delusion of the callers in
Original post by the bear
bear™ enjoys listening to proper music on Spotify. he has awesome playlists.

I don't like Spotify, I prefer owning my music.
Original post by EatAndRevise

Spotty is free for me... you just have to put up with inane adverts every 15 minutes :rolleyes:
Capital Xtra
Original post by the bear
Spotty is free for me... you just have to put up with inane adverts every 15 minutes :rolleyes:

That's bloody annoying though.
Absolute Radio - It plays the kind of music I like, older bands from the 70's, 80's and 90's etc.
That's bloody annoying though.

tell me about it.... i usually turn the sound down, then forget to turn it back up again :angry:
Original post by somemightsay888
Radio 4
5Live
Talksport just to hear the delusion of the callers in

Talksport is a weird one for me. I enjoy it after a match or when they're having a serious discussion but they go to far too many ad breaks and the repetition of the ads annoys me. The music they use is weird as well, it's always Hip-Hop.

do you pay for music?
Original post by Europhile
Heart FM.

that's real. the only place you're regularly hearing Toploader's 'Dancing in the Moonlight' in 2015.
Original post by og.east
do you pay for music?

Yes, on iTunes.
TalkSPORT or BBC radio,

And LBC because everyone on it have all come together and convinced themselves that there is a joint Conservative/Cameron/EU/Bank/Global corporation/oil company conspiracy stopping them from working hard or doing well for themselves, and i am honesly convinced that half the people that call up the show are just Upper class rich people or conservative supporters taking the piss.
Yes, on iTunes.

how come?

i suppose my question is 2 fold. a) why do you not pirate it? and b) why do you prefer 'owning' your music to using a streaming service?
Original post by og.east
how come?

i suppose my question is 2 fold. a) why do you not pirate it? and b) why do you prefer 'owning' your music to using a streaming service?

I've been using it for over 6 years and over that time I have gathered quite the collection of music, as well as CDs of course.

I'd rather that the musicians recieved money for their songs, and I find that the purchased songs sound better than the pirated ones (from experience anyway).

Well, I had Spotify for about 6 months and the collection of music was not as extensive as iTunes' collection. I just prefer using Apple's own Store to get my music and films from. It's convenient having it all in one place.
I've been using it for over 6 years and over that time I have gathered quite the collection of music, as well as CDs of course.

I'd rather that the musicians recieved money for their songs, and I find that the purchased songs sound better than the pirated ones (from experience anyway).

Well, I had Spotify for about 6 months and the collection of music was not as extensive as iTunes' collection. I just prefer using Apple's own Store to get my music and films from. It's convenient having it all in one place.

ah ok fair enough
Any specific reasons for listening to it?

It what on in the car normally, and when in work it either radio 2 or classic fm.

Do you have any specific reasons for listening to it, and not listening to other stations?

Listen to other station when the show with pop master on, normal local radio. Not a big music person so don't mind what the music is played,and what on is normal good as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gem 106
Heart FM
Touch FM
Capital
Original post by mica-lwe
BBC Radio 1xtra :banana:

OMG i hate radio 1
XFM when I can be bothered to put put it on

But generally I listen to radio 1 the most as my art teacher always has it on

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply