The Student Room Group

Journalism Work Experience

Hello, I'm currently in Y12 and am looking for work experience in journalism, of anything really, or writing. I have looked everywhere and cannot seem to find anything that doesn't require me to be over 18 or to have prior work experience in the field.

I was hoping I could come on here and see if anyone has any suggestions and could possibly offer some help.
Where have you looked?

Where are you based?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
Where have you looked?

Where are you based?

I've looked on linked in and searched specifically for journalism/ writing opportunities via the internet. So really not that much.

And I'm based in London.
Original post by sorinalp
I've looked on linked in and searched specifically for journalism/ writing opportunities via the internet. So really not that much.

And I'm based in London.

Have you approached local newspapers and radio stations? Hospital radio? Large companies and organisations with internal comms teams/newsletters?
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
Have you approached local newspapers and radio stations? Hospital radio? Large companies and organisations with internal comms teams/newsletters?

I'll give that a shot. Hopefully it works.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by sorinalp
Hello, I'm currently in Y12 and am looking for work experience in journalism, of anything really, or writing. I have looked everywhere and cannot seem to find anything that doesn't require me to be over 18 or to have prior work experience in the field.

I was hoping I could come on here and see if anyone has any suggestions and could possibly offer some help.

Hi ! I am also in year 12 and looking for journalism work experience and was wondering if you could maybe pass on any advice you’re given !
Reply 6
Original post by ellafaulkner07
Hi ! I am also in year 12 and looking for journalism work experience and was wondering if you could maybe pass on any advice you’re given !

Hi!

I found virtual work experience for journalism via a site named Springpod. I hope this helps :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending