The Student Room Group

The Tesco thread.

Scroll to see replies

Which out of dairy, non food and fruit and veg is the most enjoyable and relaxed to work on at tesco?? Need help
I have my first shift tomorrow morning, and am yet to get any uniform, any advise on what to wear?
Original post by wjcarter
I have my first shift tomorrow morning, and am yet to get any uniform, any advise on what to wear?

I got told a shirt and black trousers.
Original post by alexyyyy
I got told a shirt and black trousers.

Only issue is, I don't have a plain white shirt which fits. Would you think a light blue shirt will do?
Original post by wjcarter
Only issue is, I don't have a plain white shirt which fits. Would you think a light blue shirt will do?

Yeah should be fine- that's what I'm going to wear as my white shirt doesn't fit either haha!
Original post by alexyyyy
They did that with mine but they then said there were lots of errors with their system and they wanted my passport to complete the checks in another store.

Congrats on your job offer! When do you start?

They said will call me obce interviewed everyone but most likely on 27th.

Anyone knows what sort of uniform is on f&f? Can I wear any shoes with that of have to be black ones?
Original post by ja1
Got an interview for a job this Monday. It's a customer assistant and hours are 9:30-6:30 every Saturday, as well as being walking distance from me. The thing that could hold me back is my availability.. with exams in a month it's possible I'd look to take a Saturday off to revise. After that from late June to mid July I'm away for ~3 weeks holidaying. Is this something that I should a) bring up at interview and/or b) if I do get the job, and how lenient will they be at a possible 4 Saturdays I'll have to miss within weeks of starting the job.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They probably won't be.
Reply 1387
Hey I applied for Customer Assistant and the closing date is in 5 days (15/05). Does anybody know roughly how long after the closing date they will reply, if they do? Thanks!
Reply 1388
Original post by angelfox
They probably won't be.

..well I can't do anything about my holidays, so it is not possible I could make up the hours when I come back or before I go? If not then what else could they do other than fire/sanction me weeks into the job. With the exams then maybe I will just have to manage my revision, and not look for time off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1389
*tries editing above post and ends up posting new post*
(edited 8 years ago)
I applied for a Customer Assistants Job ( Nightshift) and had a group interview/exercise 2 weeks back.

How long does it normally take for them to get back to you u? And do they get back to you or just leave your online status as in process!

As this is a new store that's only been open 4 months he did say it could take anything from 2-4 weeks for a reply.
The jobs I applied for have been taken down the from the website but it still says my application is in process, is this a good thing or not?
I had a group interview with Tesco about four week ago and they told me they will let me know the outcome in two weeks time? But I haven't heard them ever since. Do they really reply back or is it just a way to let me know that I didn't get the job.
still says in process online .I am ,been waiting four weeks today.:confused:
Right got an interview with Tesco Thursday after only applying on Sunday, I've already worked at a supermarket before that being Sainsburys and I was wondering what the interview process is like, seeing as it will last an hour.
I had just one on one interview
I had my interview 8 days ago now. My mother in law works at the store. And said.. Apparently once the compliance comes back then ill be told either way. But how long does it take?
Reply 1396
Thats god! When you applied did they call you for an over the phone interview? I haven't received a rejection email but I think I missed their call
Closing date was the 5th but i recieved a call on the 2nd for my invite for my interview. It was a one to one up to an hour interview.i wish they hurry!
Original post by T139
Thats god! When you applied did they call you for an over the phone interview? I haven't received a rejection email but I think I missed their call

They just phoned me to ask if i was still interested in the job and asked me what day was best for an interview.
I had an interview for personal shopper last week and the interviewer said I had her recommendation and just needed to wait on my NI forms to get back to her. Its been 6 days and i've not heard back, my sister says I should call and ask for any info but I'm not sure. Any advice or info I could get from anyone?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending