The Student Room Group

ICT OCR G061 2015 June 1st

Scroll to see replies

Original post by S345k
I have been revising from Teach Ict and the book (Lol apparently the ocr books are too vague as well) just making flash cards and getting someone to test me to make sure I remember it

haha yeah the book isn't helpful its pretty waffly .. Yeah ive been using Teach ICT too! :tongue: what are your predictions for the essays? :p:$
Reply 41
Original post by amyrobinson
haha yeah the book isn't helpful its pretty waffly .. Yeah ive been using Teach ICT too! :tongue: what are your predictions for the essays? :p:$

I defo think they will be two essays. One on law effect on organisation and a future development question which can see being disability or society because they havent been tested yet
Original post by S345k
I defo think they will be two essays. One on law effect on organisation and a future development question which can see being disability or society because they havent been tested yet

What are the main points to discuss with the effect of law on organisation?

Ones I can think of:
- Organisations having to improve network security and being vigilant with data in order to comply with the data protection act
- Training staff to ensure they do not breach the computer misuse act and copyright acts
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by -jordan-
What are the main points to discuss with the effect of law on organisation?

Ones I can think of:
- Organisations having to improve network security and being vigilant with data in order to comply with the data protection act
- Training staff to ensure they do not breach the computer misuse act and copyright acts

They are valid points however I think They my can ask for specific law impacts on organisation

Regulation of investigatory acts 2000-

+ Staff can be monitored to see what they are doing, this makes them more productive at work
- It may be deemed as excessive and if the business are continuously monitoring employees then they may feel like it is a breach of trust and invasion of privacy which may disrupt employees-employers relations

Freedom of information act-
+This allows businesses to know about local plans as in the past the authorities only let certain things public but the business can learn the full details so they can weigh up pros and cons
-If the business has a contract with a public body then details and terms of the contract will be available to the public giving an unfair advantage to other firms who plan on tendering (Offering better terms) for a new contract

ECA- + Act ensures that online transactions are safe with cryptography services(encryption) this opens up another way of getting cash from customers increasing revenue and boosting profits.
+ Business can make a deal with another business through as an contract signed online is legal binding which saves the business costs for paper,postage costs etc
- However people/organisation are still suspicious of their use so they prefer traditional methods of signing documents and it will take years for it to be a accepted practice
Original post by S345k
AS predictions-

Information
Data sources
Static data and dynamic
Validation
Characteristics of applications
Adv/Disadvantages of tailoring
Consistent house style
Masters,style sheets,templates
Modelling software characteristics
spreadsheets for simulations
Releational database terminology
Identify database features and ERD
Characteristics of normal forms
Select data tyoes
Clipart and thumb nails
Graphic libraries
Non linear and hierachical presentation
Impact of ICT,Future developments and Ict laws-
There will almost definitely be on discuss question and a big explain question using 3.1.6.a, b or c- if in section a, its unlikely to be about social networks,internet or cmmunicating with customers, there will almost definitely be a question about law (REVISE THE LAWS ITS VITAL) even if its not a discuss question. Expect ECA and FOIA as these havent been tested yet
Advantages and disadvantages of professional bodies
Safety problems

Do you have a list of topics of what the OCR examiner predicted for the A2 exam G063?
Reply 45
Original post by anish.s97
Do you have a list of topics of what the OCR examiner predicted for the A2 exam G063?

Yes I do

They are:

Stages of life cycle (Likely to be documentation,evaluation or review)
Requirements,design,system specification
Project Team (Most likely programmer or tester)
CPA and Gantt charts (Likely to be CPA and maybe diagram)
Processing methods
Types of HCI
Perception,attention,memory,learning (Most likely to be memory)
Mental Models
Matching the mental model
LAN,WAN,Virtual Network
Client-server and peer-to-peer
Bandwidth
Network components
Optical communication
Wireless communication
Social networking (New objective so likely to come up_
Cellular and satellite phones
Worldwide communication methods
Software-based training
Limitation of ICT
Explain distributed databases
discuss distributed databases
security of distributed databases
Expert systems
Management information systems
Digital television
Mobile communication services
Custom-written vs off-the-shelf
Installation methods
Describe maintenance
Need for maintenance
Impact of external change
Change management
Consultation,participation,communication (Most likely candidate to be the discuss question)
Security to protect data (Examiner has covered encryption and physical recently so could be authorization,authentication,virus
Discuss hardware and software Developments (Defo a discuss question on this)

Exam Board OCR
Information Systems and Applications
Original post by S345k
They are valid points however I think They my can ask for specific law impacts on organisation

Regulation of investigatory acts 2000-

+ Staff can be monitored to see what they are doing, this makes them more productive at work
- It may be deemed as excessive and if the business are continuously monitoring employees then they may feel like it is a breach of trust and invasion of privacy which may disrupt employees-employers relations

Freedom of information act-
+This allows businesses to know about local plans as in the past the authorities only let certain things public but the business can learn the full details so they can weigh up pros and cons
-If the business has a contract with a public body then details and terms of the contract will be available to the public giving an unfair advantage to other firms who plan on tendering (Offering better terms) for a new contract

ECA- + Act ensures that online transactions are safe with cryptography services(encryption) this opens up another way of getting cash from customers increasing revenue and boosting profits.
+ Business can make a deal with another business through as an contract signed online is legal binding which saves the business costs for paper,postage costs etc
- However people/organisation are still suspicious of their use so they prefer traditional methods of signing documents and it will take years for it to be a accepted practice

Whats ECA?
Original post by Tree321
Whats ECA?

Electronic communication Act
Original post by Arsenal.FC
Electronic communication Act

thanks x
Original post by Tree321
thanks x

No problem
TIP ON 11 MARKER:
-Brief Intro
-3 advantages and 3 disadvantages
-Structure your answer so that you have one advantage then one disadvantage.
-Long-term and/or short term consequences should be included and can fall under either advantages or disadvantages. This could include finance problems and the long-term/short-term consequence of that; happiness/health; environment and so fourth.

-Conclusion CAN be included if you have the time. It is NOT a vital aspect in the essay as marks are awarded for your future development and impacts (whatever the question asks for). If you include a conclusion, make it very brief and sums up your opinion. DO NOT INCLUDE AN EXTRA POINT.

-Spend at least 15 maximum 20 minutes on this as this is meant to be an essay...but remember it is 11 marks....4 points is not necessary if you are writing everything in detail.

Hopes this helps :biggrin:
Original post by anish.s97

Hope this helps
Does anyone have a good way to learn normalisation? Like i fully find it confusing :frown:

Are his predictions usually right?
Can someone please help, I DONT GET NORMALISATION OR WIMPS.
Original post by georgie7689
Are his predictions usually right?

Isn't he the guy who writes our textbooks?
Original post by Tree321
Can someone please help, I DONT GET NORMALISATION OR WIMPS.

1NF:
Data is atomic (so everything is broken down as much as it can do, like address is stored as 'address line 1' 'address line 2' etc)
Field names are unique
There is a primary key

2NF:
Must be in 1NF (so it needs to follow all the rules above)
All non-key attributes/fields relate to the primary key

3NF:
Must be in 2NF
All non-key attributes/fields must fully depend on the primary key

I know its not the complicated version of 2NFand 3NF but youll still get the marks in the exam if you put that. So all you have to remember is that 2NF is relate and 3NF is depend :smile:
Yeah he is, but i dont wanna revise loads on those subjects but then it doesnt come up in the exam

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending