The Student Room Group

The Tesco thread.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by pauls198864
Hi guys, feeling a bit confused. I had an interview with Tesco about 3 weeks ago for a job in the phone shop. I was successful in the interview and the manager phoned me too offer me the position which I accepted, I'm still waiting to have my induction but today I received the rejection email from the career centre.

Dear Paul,Thank you for applying for the role of Customer Assistant - Phone Shop - Part Time.After careful consideration, unfortunately we will not continue your application to the next stage.However, we do consider every application individually so if you find another role that you think would be right for you, please don't hesitate to get in touch again.Click here to explore some other opportunities.Best Regards, The Tesco Resourcing team.

Can anyone give me any advice as I'm really puzzled by this. Thanks

Similar thing happened to me!
Just been to an interview.The manager rang me but I got a rejection email :-/
Maybe there is something wrong with their system :|

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you mention to the manager that you got the rejection email?. It's really confusing especially when I've been told the job is mine
Did you mention to the manager that you got the rejection email?. It's really confusing especially when I've been told the job is mine

Nope

Posted from TSR Mobile
I called the manager of the phone shop but he's not back in until Monday, need to wait and see what happens now. Really weird thou, can't figure it out.
Weird:/ would ask manager definetely too
Hi I went in for and interview at Tesco on Thursday. However before I was invited to the interview I got an email saying that I was unsuccessful, therefore I was pleasantly surprised that I was given an interview. I arrived to the interview early and was told that it was a group interview with two other people. The interview was supposed to start at 11 am, but when the time came the other two didn't show up so it turned into a one on one interview. At the end of the interview and everything I was told that I would get a call or email in 7 days stating if I have gotten the job or not . will they still give me the job even though I must have failed the questionnaire? And does the fact that the other two didn't turn up work to my advantage?

Although it has only been three days since the interview I'm worried that I didn't get the job, I really like the job that I was applying for (it was for dotcom)
And maybe I wont get it due to the fact that the store it quite far from where I live. :/
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by 수련김
Hi I went in for and interview at Tesco on Thursday. However before I was invited to the interview I got an email saying that I was unsuccessful, therefore I was pleasantly surprised that I was given an interview. I arrived to the interview early and was told that it was a group interview with two other people. The interview was supposed to start at 11 am, but when the time came the other two didn't show up so it turned into a one on one interview. At the end of the interview and everything I was told that I would get a call or email in 7 days stating if I have gotten the job or not . will they still give me the job even though I must have failed the questionnaire? And does the fact that the other two didn't turn up work to my advantage?

Although it has only been three days since the interview I'm worried that I didn't get the job, I really like the job that I was applying for (it was for dotcom)
And maybe I wont get it due to the fact that the store it quite far from where I live. :/

I'd like to think you definitely have a better chance of getting the job than the other two .

I don't know if there is a fault with tescos system because a similar thing happened to me .Unlike you ,I got the rejection email AFTER the call and at the interview the manager said "we are recruiting for two roles today" .One I didn't apply for and the other was the one I got rejected for :/

But you got the interview call though so I doubt it's because of the questionnaire .Not many people make it to interview stage so you're one step ahead!
I honestly wouldn't worry about it .You turned up for the interview ! (I hope you get it :biggrin: ) .

As long as you don't live more than 30 miles from the store I think you'll be ok . That's one of the online Qs .

Good luck ,wish you all the best :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been for an interview at Tesco? I was told they would definitely let me know, I thought he said within 7 days heard nothing been over a week now. I did ring for an update and was told it can take up to 6 weeks for a right to work check to come back.Does anyone know iif Tesco get back to you even if you don't get the job ?
Phoned the manager today, there has been a mix up with the emails and the job is mine. Induction is Wednesday and I'll start next Monday
Phoned the manager today, there has been a mix up with the emails and the job is mine. Induction is Wednesday and I'll start next Monday

That's great !

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been called in to come tomorrow for a 'work sample' is that the induction?
Does that mean I've got the job? :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!
I applied for several tesco's job roles and ended up being reject from them all AGAIN. Last time I applied when I was 17 (I'm 18 now) and the same thing happened. I thought it was down to my age and the questionnaire crossed my mind slightly too.

I get rejected from all of the job roles at the same time as well. Is it because I've answered the questionnaire badly? If so what can I do differently.
Reply 1493
Original post by TheGemini
I've been called in to come tomorrow for a 'work sample' is that the induction?
Does that mean I've got the job? :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I had a short, easy interview then a 30 minute work sample on the shop floor - essentially to make sure you're not stupid lol.

The induction will be on another date, if you're in a similar case to that which I was in.
Original post by SP0TIFY
I had a short, easy interview then a 30 minute work sample on the shop floor - essentially to make sure you're not stupid lol.

The induction will be on another date, if you're in a similar case to that which I was in.

Oh right ,
Do I have to go in dressed smart??
Because it's at 9 and I've got an exam at 1:30 so won't be coming back home .
Another interview?ffs!
My role is personal shopper.
So I'm At the stage where I can still get rejected 0_o ?
She said it will last an hour !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1495
Oh right ,
Do I have to go in dressed smart??
Because it's at 9 and I've got an exam at 1:30 so won't be coming back home .
Another interview?ffs!
My role is personal shopper.
So I'm At the stage where I can still get rejected 0_o ?
She said it will last an hour !

Posted from TSR Mobile

You won't get rejected.

I went in expecting just to fill out a form, ended up getting a 5 minute interview and making pizzas for half an hour, it was alright lol.

I went from my sixth form, so in a next dark purple suit with white shirt haha, but I'd go in just like whatever you're going to wear to your exam :smile:
I'd like to think you definitely have a better chance of getting the job than the other two .

I don't know if there is a fault with tescos system because a similar thing happened to me .Unlike you ,I got the rejection email AFTER the call and at the interview the manager said "we are recruiting for two roles today" .One I didn't apply for and the other was the one I got rejected for :/

But you got the interview call though so I doubt it's because of the questionnaire .Not many people make it to interview stage so you're one step ahead!
I honestly wouldn't worry about it .You turned up for the interview ! (I hope you get it :biggrin: ) .

As long as you don't live more than 30 miles from the store I think you'll be ok . That's one of the online Qs .

Good luck ,wish you all the best :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you ^-^ The interview seemed to go well so I really hope that I do get the job. I definitely live closer than 30 miles so it won't be a problem I hope

:smile: I hope you get the job that you applied for. Good luck
Original post by 수련김
Thank you ^-^ The interview seemed to go well so I really hope that I do get the job. I definitely live closer than 30 miles so it won't be a problem I hope

:smile: I hope you get the job that you applied for. Good luck

Thank you :smile: went for my work sample today ! Quite enjoyed it .It was quite fun!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone help with uniform sizing? Are they in small/medium/large or 10/12/14 etc? And how do they fit? Are they true to size?
I have 8/10 and took 8 is fine.

Only thing that I am tall so offered trousers 10long and they are just fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending