The Student Room Group

My father is cheating on my mother

my dad is cheating on my mum and I think I'm the only one who knows about it. What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Tell her so the mf can go down
Reply 2
do you have evidence? How do you know for sure?
Been there, seen it. Keep out of his business, don't stick your nose in other people's affairs. Nothing good can come out of you interfering in his life.
Reply 4
Original post by Liquid Harvest
Been there, seen it. Keep out of his business, don't stick your nose in other people's affairs. Nothing good can come out of you interfering in his life.

It's his Dad, this is part of OP's life and OP's Mother's life too.
Reply 5
Make him buy you things, exploit the hell out of the situation, and then tell your mother after he's bought you a car.
Tell him to tell her, and then tell her anyway.
Are you certain?
confront him about it, tell him that you know and that if he doesn't stop you'll tell your mum
what a dick, no offence. Tell your mum
you love your mother, he shouldnt be hurting you, or your mother. she is the mother of his child. he owes her at least the respect to tell her that he is leaving her from someone else.
Are you 100% certain op or are you talking sh1t?
Blackmail him. It's a brilliant opportunity to get new presents.

I'd get a car.

**** me I'm selfish. I like it.
Original post by louieee
It's his Dad, this is part of OP's life and OP's Mother's life too.

I'm a girl.

Original post by Liquid Harvest

Are you sure? I feel stupid that he feels he can get away with it in front of me but I can't even think of the words to mention it to my mum haha.

Original post by Error404OLE
Are you 100% certain op or are you talking sh1t?

It's really annoying how people think every thread in the relationships section is a troll one. No, I'm being serious.

Original post by EmilinaBabe
you love your mother, he shouldnt be hurting you, or your mother. she is the mother of his child. he owes her at least the respect to tell her that he is leaving her from someone else.

What do you think I should do then?

Original post by Smug Life
confront him about it, tell him that you know and that if he doesn't stop you'll tell your mum

But if I do that he will act like he's stopped, but he might carry on behind mine and my mother's backs..
Original post by HuggleyDuck
Are you certain?

Yes I'm certain

I recall my mum kicking him out a few years ago for finding out he was speaking to another woman

A few years later she caught him out when he kept on declining the incoming call and she answered herself and confronted the woman

This time...well it's only me who knows
If you actualyl have evidence/proof then yes tell your mother. It is YOUR business as you are THEIR child.

You absolutely need to inform someone if they're being cheated on, it's not fair to let it go on no matter what any idiot in this thread says.
Reply 16
Don't get involved. This is their relationship not yours. It's important to respect that despite being their child.
They have a right to keep their relationship with you parental. The more you get involved, the more it will affect that.
Original post by SotonianOne
Blackmail him. It's a brilliant opportunity to get new presents.

I'd get a car.

**** me I'm selfish. I like it.

Blackmail how?

When I was 12/13(ish?) I caught on that he was up to something and I sent him an email saying I'd tell mum because I was too scared to speak to him. He then called me into the room and was like you shouldn't be looking around my things blah blah it's disrespectful but at the age of 18, it's no longer something I can ignore
Original post by Inexorably
If you actualyl have evidence/proof then yes tell your mother. It is YOUR business as you are THEIR child.

You absolutely need to inform someone if they're being cheated on, it's not fair to let it go on no matter what any idiot in this thread says.

I've recorded one of his phone calls lol

Original post by JayReg
Don't get involved. This is their relationship not yours. It's important to respect that despite being their child.

They have a right to keep their relationship with you parental. The more you get involved, the more it will affect that.

So you're telling me it's right to allow my mum to get hurt because I'm "only their child?" that's stupid.
Original post by Anonymous
I've recorded one of his phone calls lol

Then why are you waiting? Go tell her...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending