The Student Room Group

Have you lost interest in gaming?

Scroll to see replies

There can be years when we get some good titles coming out and interesting new IP's, but aside from my PC I only own a PS2 since that console still craps on anything else.
I play less than I used to in secondary school for sure(back when I was an Xbox 360 gamer) and today I game exclusively on PC but I just don't do it as much(I've become interested in modern and ancient history and so I watch a lot of documentaries these days). When I do game, I game across Steam, Origin and GOG.
Thankfully, no. To me it's a form of entertainment like watching a movie, thougj it's more interactive.
Reply 23
its strange for me, been playing video games literally my whole life and now, i really couldnt give a toss about playing. last game i actually played was GTA V which i clocked in about 4 days (casual play, nothing manic) in the summer after GCSEs... having just finished my AS, games really have no appeal :\
many people have give up on them

1) so called next gen releases have mostly all been massive flops. the order 1886, watch dogs, arkham knight on PC, it goes on forever

2) people want challenge, adventure, experience and to learn. you can either do this through real life or video games. I know which I prefer.

3) people are more socially aware in today's modern age and came to a simple conclusion - playing video games is not helpful to me or society.
No, I had to play less due to A-levels, but I still play games everyday and enjoy them. There are loads of games in my backlog that I need to play and old games that I still need to purchase. Even if new games aren't as good I'll always have something to play.
The last really good game I played was The Last Of Us in 2013
Yeah... I used to play more during my childhood and high school time... A lot, but now Im still loving video games, consoles, etc. But I lost the interest 'cause the new games I don't like it at all... Im more old school. But Video game probably is not a waisting of time cause you put ur brain working.. Also fingers haha. (Sorry about my english)

:smile:
modern games are terrible, let's be honest
Original post by T.I.P
I used to love gaming but due to going a few months where I lacked the time to play so abandoned it, I now have the time but cant be bothered to play as I see it as a waste of time. The reason I gave it up for months was to study for an exam which I passed through self-teaching.. now I think I could be doing something way more productive. I cant even consider it a real hobby as its for lazy people who dont want to get up and be active so they play video games and try to passit off as though it were a sport and regular hobby. Thats just my opinion now after stepping out the box and looking at it from the outside.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agree with this so so much! Used to love it, not anymore!
Reply 30
UPDATE: so I decided to give my XBOX ONE a spin and play a few games, can confirm its not as appealing as it used to be and I have 0 energy for difficult games as I cbf to lookup help guides. I recently purchased saints row 4 re-elected, pretty fun game.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I had for a while, but really got into CS:GO recently and GoW:u:E is out in August, so all is well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lost my interest in gaming last year tbh - I was put off by the dullness of the Battlefield 4 maps compared to Battlefield 3, and also I just havent been into playing recently; will get back into Age of Empires 2 soon :moon:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 33
Some days I really want to play something, but other times it might be the last thing I want to do. I certainly play fewer games than I used to. I guess they just don't grab me as much any more. I spend more of my time on the internet nowadays. It's a bit irritating, because video games used to be one of the few topics I could talk about easily with someone. Now it's just forums and anime. :biggrin:
thanks for this thread, remember i have a ps4 i no longer use. Will drop it down the charity shop.
I only tend to go for the really innovative stuff now, the last game I really got into was Persona 4 Golden, I had never played a game in that series so for me it seemed pretty innovative, I play casual stuff like Buzz and Wii Fit U more than proper games at the moment.

That said I'm looking forward to Fallout 4, I may end up getting a new console for it, of course it depends on reviews and the like.
I feel the same. i used to play video games all the time but I have completely lost interest now. I don't think I've bought a new game for at least a year. The quality of video games has definitely gone downhill since I was young.
No. Hence why I'm browsing the gaming forum.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Counter Strike: Source is probably still enjoyable as hell though
I'm not as into it as I was when I was, say, 16, but that's mainly because of time rather than lack of enthusiasm.

Original post by T.I.P
I cant even consider it a real hobby as its for lazy people who dont want to get up and be active so they play video games and try to passit off as though it were a sport and regular hobby. Thats just my opinion now after stepping out the box and looking at it from the outside.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I really hate it when people think this. It's part of the reason I tend to get embarrassed telling people that my main hobby is video gaming - it's associated with laziness. I work damn hard and I hate sport; gaming has been something that I've been brought up on and I love. I still go out, spend time with friends and my boyfriend, yet if I choose to stay in and game when I have free time it doesn't make me lazy and doesn't mean it's not a normal hobby.

Quick Reply

Latest