The Student Room Group

has anyone been to KIRBY STREET (unite) London?

I'm going to be moving in to Kirby Street in london really soon, does anyone know what it is like there? thanks.
Reply 1
seriously... no one? :-( how about woburn place...?
Reply 2
******* expensive i think, that's aboout it.
What was it like??
Reply 4
Original post by nakki
I'm going to be moving in to Kirby Street in london really soon, does anyone know what it is like there? thanks.

have you already been staying there? how was it? im deciding to stay in Kirby street this september.
Do not rent with Unite, especially kirby street. Here is why

1. The price - Extremely overpriced You can find somewhere that is very central without such a hefty price tag e.g. Nido Liverpool street. The cheapest Kirby room is 340 plus per week!

2. The facilities - lacking in every aspect! Contrary to their official information, there is no study space available in the accommodation. There is a pool table, a TV and a few sofa in the common area. But there is no table and chairs for studying. There is also no air-conditioning or ventilationin the whole building, this includes the common room, reception area, laundry room, and all the rooms available. A lack of ventilation makes the whole building stuffy. The rooms are extremely hot. People have to open their rooms and pray for cold air. Given the price tag, I though it would have been better.

3. The rooms - room size varies, be aware! The rooms are not the same even if you pay the same price for it! I have a bigger closet but my neighbour got a bigger table. The rooms facing the street are bigger than the rooms facing the other side. The staff may tell you otherwise so please check when you book your room.

4. Unite Accommodation Staff - cocky attitude and very unfriendlyI called the Unite Accommodation a few times and they are very cocky, unfriendly and extremely bureaucratic.

5. Kirby street Staff - Very friendly! They talk to you and they try to make your life easier! Really good staff in the reception area. I suspect its the central office and management that is unfriendly not the staff at the property. Hopefully this gives you guys another side of the story!Feel free to ask questions or post comments if you lived here before

6. The opening hours for the reception is deceiving. There is no one present even when it is during "opening hours".You have to call the emergency hotline for them to come and help you. It is costly to call the line and you have to wait for 15 minutes minimum before anyone comes.For the price that they charge, they are deceiving the students and the opening hours is a SCAM

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3436811&p=57535653#post57535653

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending