The Student Room Group

Registered Nurses/Nursing Students Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KittyAnneR
I am completely open minded to be honest! Although I do like the idea of community psychiatric nursing :smile: I don't want to go into my training with something in mind though, I am so excited to look at different areas. I hope I get a nice mix of placements!

Good to be open minded:smile: I m excited to give everything a go too:smile: my only worry is that as I might not ever be able to drive with my dyspraxia so that i ll have to write off the possibility of community nursing for me:/
Just a brief apology... For a time I was a frequent poster on here but only been dipping in and out of late! Things have been busy, but trying to get back on here more regularly as of now!
So bored of the academic side at the moment! Absolutely love my placement but uni isn't half wearing me down!
Original post by amyc123
So bored of the academic side at the moment! Absolutely love my placement but uni isn't half wearing me down!

hang in there amy :smile: :console:
Original post by amyc123

I've finished my academic work but most of the last few weeks of my placement have been a bit of a drag so I feel you. Tried to make the best of it as much as possible, but even so... Especially when it was hot last week and I was stuck in the community office!!!

I started a checklist of academic work that I needed to do at beginning of 3rd year and have slowly been ticking things off.... Not only to keep myself organised, but to keep me motivated too!!! I also have a widget on my phone that counts down the days til I finish.

You might be doing one or both of those already, but on the whole they've helped me! They might get you through the final push. Oh, and chocolate. Always chocolate!! :h:
Original post by PaediatricStN
I also have a widget on my phone that counts down the days til I finish.

I ve the same app except counting down to when i start, only 64 days to go (too long a wait) :wink:
I also have a widget on my phone that counts down the days til I finish.

Same! That day cannot come soon enough!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amyc123
Same! That day cannot come soon enough!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know! I signed my Paediatric Staff Nurse contract today and posted it off! Start date 21/9/15. It's getting very real, very quickly!!!!
I know! I signed my Paediatric Staff Nurse contract today and posted it off! Start date 21/9/15. It's getting very real, very quickly!!!!

Which trust are you with? They must move quickly. Ours told us to email them in August to talk about the details!
Original post by amyc123

Are you in second or third year?
Original post by Absorbaloff
Are you in second or third year?

Third year :smile:
Original post by amyc123
Third year :smile:

Woohoo :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Woohoo :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

7 weeks of placement left but only 2 weeks of uni work :biggrin:
i know its a slightly open ended question but how much detail did you all learn in the anatomy module of your first year?
I ve been told I ve an MCQ exam in anatomy in november and 8 weeks dont seem like a lot of time to learn great amount of detail
Original post by amyc123
7 weeks of placement left but only 2 weeks of uni work :biggrin:

I have 3 weeks left and then back to uni for two days. Getting teary eyed thinking about it.
Original post by claireestelle
i know its a slightly open ended question but how much detail did you all learn in the anatomy module of your first year?
I ve been told I ve an MCQ exam in anatomy in november and 8 weeks dont seem like a lot of time to learn great amount of detail

Quite a bit. But I've probably got most of my in depth understanding from placement, our acute illness module and revising pharmacology.

Don't prepare too much - chill out and enjoy yourself...make the most of not being a student nurse!
I have 3 weeks left and then back to uni for two days. Getting teary eyed thinking about it.

Tears of joy?
Original post by claireestelle

We had a MCQ at the end of our first year which covered all the A&P we learned that year. If they're doing it in November, I assume it'll only be on the topics you've learned up to that point.
Original post by amyc123
Tears of joy?

Tears of hard work and accomplishment
Original post by amyc123
Quite a bit. But I've probably got most of my in depth understanding from placement, our acute illness module and revising pharmacology.

Don't prepare too much - chill out and enjoy yourself...make the most of not being a student nurse!

I finished my other course in April, so get 5 months of chilling:P
I was just flicking through my anatomy book and wondering how much would be on the 1st exam when i believe i ve got 2 anatomy ones in 1st year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending