The Student Room Group

Debate on provision for disabled students at the University of Cambridge

Hi Everyone

I thought this might be of interest to future and current students.

Today in the House of Commons at approximately 6pm, MPs will be debating the provision for disabled students at the University of Cambridge.

This debate has been proposed by David Lammy MP.

Watch the debate live or via catch-up on Parliament TV.

We would really like to hear your thoughts on the debate. What is the provision for disabled students at the University of Cambridge like currently?
I have an offer and am a manual of wheelchair user and have found the university to be excellent. There has been lots of communication and all the necessary arrangements were made for interview- I had to be in a different room to the others as it was up steps but this was no trouble at all. The disability resource centre has also already helped me and is ensuring that everything will be in place for when I arrive. I would say that Cambridge is actually excellent for disabled students.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have always found the Disability Unit at Cambridge excellent.

It sounds as if the person discussed in the debate was only diagnosed after he went up to Cambridge, which wouldn't have helped. It does help if you go up with a diagnosis in place.

But I did wonder, listening to the debate, whether a move to a central college would have been the magic cure he assumes.

It's nice to be central, but it wouldn't stop a student feeling isolated. That's a social issue.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending