The Student Room Group

What A-Level do you regret taking the most?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by diamondluck
business studies lol
wish i did a science

Posted from TSR Mobile

What exam board? And why so?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by an.enigma
That's seriously the worst mix for me. I'd do extremely well, but I love my humanities and social sciences. *extremely well meaning, I don't do anything but dedicate hours on end studying them*

The only thing I'm sure I'll definitely want to do is Literature.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which specifications have you printed off, if you are soo unsure 😫
Original post by AnonPosters
Engineering at Oxbridge but I'm not saying which one lol

Nicee 😋
Reply 23
Original post by vd12345
Which specifications have you printed off, if you are soo unsure 😫

Biology (don't even ask), Psychology, Sociology, History, English Language, P&E…

I'm screwed. 😐

Posted from TSR Mobile
Biology (don't even ask), Psychology, Sociology, History, English Language, P&E…

I'm screwed. 😐

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have the P and e books, because I always planned to do it, until school coulsn't offer it
Had a long think... Chose to selfstudy fm instead..
Dw, im worse 😂😂😂
I had over 70 text books for like 18 or so subjects... Kept changing my mind, bought books prior to gcses... I did have several books for most subjects i did tbf
What exam board? And why so?

Posted from TSR Mobile

AQA.
It was just so boring, not the type of subject for me lol. Plus it isn't worth it at all considering it's non-facilitating :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by AnonPosters
Engineering at Oxbridge but I'm not saying which one lol

Did you get in after taking a gap year?
Reply 27
Original post by vd12345
I have the P and e books, because I always planned to do it, until school coulsn't offer it
Had a long think... Chose to selfstudy fm instead..
Dw, im worse 😂😂😂
I had over 70 text books for like 18 or so subjects... Kept changing my mind, bought books prior to gcses... I did have several books for most subjects i did tbf

I've always found it relatively easy really. I might go with that too. But it would be with WJEC. 😓

You are doing conventional ish… Shouldn't be hard. 😋

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ExMus
Did you get in after taking a gap year?

No? Why would you think that?
Reply 29
AQA.
It was just so boring, not the type of subject for me lol. Plus it isn't worth it at all considering it's non-facilitating :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

What other courses did you take on board along with it? Surely you enjoyed those? Business would be quite nice to do so not to stress about failure to be fair. :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
What other courses did you take on board along with it? Surely you enjoyed those? Business would be quite nice to do so not to stress about failure to be fair. :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did sociology and film studies (love both so much). I wanted to do English language or chemistry ontop but it was too late and it wouldn't work with my college timetable -_-
Haha, imo it's much harder than people say, I wouldn't categorise it as a soft subject but compared to STEM, obviously it's pipsqueak.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 31
I did sociology and film studies (love both so much). I wanted to do English language or chemistry ontop but it was too late and it wouldn't work with my college timetable -_-
Haha, imo it's much harder than people say, I wouldn't categorise it as a soft subject but compared to STEM, obviously it's pipsqueak.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooo, what exam board was sociology for you?

I feel like I'm gearing towards Literature, P&E, and Sociology. Just not sure about my last one. 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile
Regret doing maths, used to be my favourite but now I hate it and all the other subjects 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ooo, what exam board was sociology for you?

I feel like I'm gearing towards Literature, P&E, and Sociology. Just not sure about my last one. 😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was also AQA :smile:
Aw that's a nice selection, have you thought about what you would like to study at uni? Tbh you need to enjoy the subjects that you choose, otherwise revision and classes are x10 more stressful :lol: so hopefully your next choice is also something you like

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by Truee123
Regret doing maths, used to be my favourite but now I hate it and all the other subjects 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

What a shame >.< Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What a shame >.< Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha thanks, you too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 36
It was also AQA :smile:
Aw that's a nice selection, have you thought about what you would like to study at uni? Tbh you need to enjoy the subjects that you choose, otherwise revision and classes are x10 more stressful :lol: so hopefully your next choice is also something you like

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not even sure if I want to go to Uni, aha. 😁 (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/10578118/Graduates-earning-less-than-those-on-apprenticeships.html)

I don't mean to be a thorn in your flesh, but do you perhaps have any notes or resources? I could really do with some.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not even sure if I want to go to Uni, aha. 😁 (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/10578118/Graduates-earning-less-than-those-on-apprenticeships.html)

I don't mean to be a thorn in your flesh, but do you perhaps have any notes or resources? I could really do with some.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh lol those articles are so worrying :nervous: like 3 years of uni and getting a job that doesn't require a degree or something 😭 apprenticeships do look good tbh, i don't see why many people don't do it :L everyone just runs for A levels as if it's the only option
Oh no it's fine :') I have a lot of A2 stuff since I did that just this year, I don't have my AS stuff anymore :[ sorry x

Posted from TSR Mobile
doing AS and A2 maths in one sitting together, I could have easily got A* or an A. expecting a C. Studied As and A2 in nine months only :frown:
Reply 39
I took Maths, Further Maths and Philosophy; I have no regrets whatsoever.

Quick Reply

Latest