The Student Room Group

What GCSE subjects do you regret taking?

As the title says, what subjects do you regret taking?
Reply 1
I wouldn't necrosol say I regret taking any of my GCSEs but the one I would swap out if I was able to would probably be geography for a language.
I regret taking french (the teacher ruined it for me). I wish id taken spanish instead.
Reply 3
I don’t know if it’s the same for other people, but my school had a strict rule that everyone had to at least take a humanities (geography/history) and a language. It would’ve been nice to switch one of my options from one of these to something I enjoyed.
I regret taking Spanish, I ended up dropping it and wasting a year and a half of my life trying to learn it, just to get no qualification out of it.
Reply 5
Original post by Emma:-)

history for sure, we had to pick geo or history (had to do RS as it was the rules and i went to a catholic school). my grades were amazing in geography but i wanted to do history for my a levels and you have to at least get a grade 8 in your gcse for so, which was a huge mistake knowing i got a 7 in history and not even meeting the requirements for my school's sixth form - eventually anyways i did english politics and physics nd doing law afterwards! idk why i thought you had to do certain subjects for law but i did switch sixth forms anyway, always pick the subjects you do the best in
Reply 6

drama bc the writing is so hard and my teacher cant teach

business (techniacally called btech enterprise and marketing), it tuned into three weekly hours of torture that I would use to stare out of the window as it felt more productive than actually attempting the coursework! not a single person liked it at my school but the general monotony of the content was for from helped by the fact that the teacher was probably the most disliked one in the entire school
Reply 8

defo religion - we have to in my skl bc were catholic, even though were not even learning abt catholicism atm.. but i wasnt gna move skls just for that
Reply 9
I'm still in the middle of GCSEs but have started year 11 a month ago. I wouldn't necessarily say I regret choosing it as I want to pursue it further and have a career involved with it but Art GCSE omg. I struggle so much with keeping up with everything because of how drained and unmotivated I have felt since year 9. This with Textiles which I regret more because it wasn't even my original option (I originally had ICT as my third one and Business as my backup but they couldn't fit in with my other chosen subjects. Textiles and Art combined are like a living hell with the homework and workload. Praying that A-Level Art is better and hopefully, I get to study it in the college I want to go to (my mum is on the fence about it since it's an hour away by train and 20-30 minutes by car)

🫠

Quick Reply

Latest