The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Thanks very much for reply, do you happen to no how long it will take for them to let me no if I have passed or not? :smile:
Does anyone know what the protocol is if after being recruited by the company, you fail one if the training exam?
Does anyone know what the protocol is if you are recruited by the company but fail one of the screen scan exam during training? Can they end your employment?
Reply 43
anyone applied to the Manchester terminal security officer?
Reply 44
heyy I did my screen test 3 days ago havnt got any reply yet does it mean I have failed it because on the site its says my application is still active... I dnt understand whts happening?
Reply 45
hi, i passed the online tests and now i got an appointment for telephone interview. what types of questions are they asking and what happens after the telephone interview... are there more tests???

can you please help I AM SO NERVOUS!!!
Has anyone been through the process recently? I have my interview coming up soon. I am wondering if it has changed much?

Thanks!!!
Hi just wanted to know what they are likely to ask at the telephone interview stage any info would be of great help thanks
Reply 48
They will be asking why are you applying to this role what do you know about heathrow what do think a security officer roles are talk about a difficult situation that you faced with a customer
Reply 49
Hi guys,
Have you got any advice for the screen x test ? There is any chance to do some practice?
Reply 50
Hi Maroz,

I completed the screen X test, it involves like a round shape with a number of different objects inside such as a tick, spiral, dots etc.

Then they have 2 of the shapes side by side and you have to spot the difference. they then keep changing and you have to click if you see a difference, if you don't see a difference you do not pick.

the difference can be certain objects in the bag missing, size or rotation and the test measures your time and accuracy.

the test does give you a couple practices and then onto the real thing,

it does require quite a keen eye for detail so good luck and i hope i see you at assessment day :smile:
is baa secuity test hard
does it has any pass grades like how many marks you need to pass?
does it need any maths test?
Reply 53
I think it's on percentage. You will do the screen test x again on the assessment day. A lot of people get their family members to do it and then find they can't do it at the assessment centre. This is the 1st thing u will get tested on again, and if you fail you will be sent home.
If you get through you have a 1-1 interview where the interviewer will ask you questions that would support your role as a security officer. Getting to know you also. 3rd assessment is a group discussion with approx 6 of you in a room. You all have issues and you each need to come to a conclusion on who's issue is more important and why. The day is nerve w
Racking but you will meet people in the same boat which helps. The interviewers are also kind and nice and there to answer any questions. I really enjoyed my day and felt confident. I passed and due to start in November :smile:

The screen test is for speed and accuracy. Do not click willy hilly but click when you see a change in the moving object above the standstill one below. Not every picture will be different. 5out of 10 do not change and therefore you do not need to click. It could change colour, change shape, change size or swap the patterns in the box. Don't think of it as a test, think of it has a game on your iPhone. The word test makes me over compensate and over think but I felt relaxed with this. If you pass it could take up to 2 weeks until you hear back via email. You will then receive an email stating you will need a telephone interview. You book online a date and a time so make sure you choose a time that you will be able to take it.mthey give you half an hour but mine was over in 12 mins. He/she will tell you at the end of the telephone interview whether you have passed or not and will ask you if you can attend an assessment centre of a certain date.

P.s!!! Make sure you know your mobile number or your candidate no. !! Before conducting the telephone interview they will ask you to confirm some information for data protection. I.e your name, email, mobile no. Or candidate no. So make sure you have this to hand
(edited 8 years ago)
what are the requirement for security officers Heathrow job does any one know?

if you do please let me know
Hi
Iv been offered the job as a security officer at LHR with my start date in November.

The job doesn't require any specific qualifications but it's a customer service role so customer service skills are needed.

Good luck to all those applying ☺️
Can any one please send me theirs cover letter so I can look at it and make mind really need help with
@nimisha12345 There is a whole guide to getting a job in airport security over at AirportCareer.co.uk. The gist of the article is that you do not need any special training to join the security team at the entry-level. As you search for jobs you will find there is a whole career in front of you. Airports, airlines, and governments all hire security personnel and they need management, consultation, technology, and guards.
Hello, what happens at the selection process
Reply 59
Hi . Congradulations . May I ask you whats pay is like as a security office on fulltime basis?

Latest

Trending

Trending