The Student Room Group

Border force Officer Heathrow and other Hubs April 2023

Guys anyone who has done there interview for Border force officer position Heathrow please share your time line,So others get an idea.
Thank you
(edited 12 months ago)
Original post by BFO role
Guys anyone who has done there interview for Border force officer position Heathrow please share your time line,So others get an idea.
Thank you

Hello,
I just joined this thread. I know some of you are confused about how to prepare for your upcoming job interview and written exams for BFO.
Strangely, individuals who claim to have secured a BFO position via this whole process are ignoring the very simple questions that others have raised.
My application at SC vetting stage is currently being reviewed. The SC screening procedure typically takes 40 days, but this time window may extend if your individual circumstances are murky. If you need an international clearance or have a criminal record, for instance.
At the end of January 2023, I applied for three different jobs, one of which is at LHR, and my application is currently in the vetting stage.
I have scheduled my OAC interview for HSB and have completed OAC for SB.
Within a week or so, I had my OAC result for BFO at LHR. It took longer than LHR to get the follow-up emails for the other two positions.
The written portion of the online OAC lasts for 20 minutes, and it consists of responding to a scenario in the form of prose in which you play a member of an organisation and are tasked with sending an email to your superior based on the information provided. For instance, you may be asked for recommendations on which of three potential printer paper providers to acquire from, along with justifications for your recommendations. Being an eloquent writer with a sharp eye for facts is all that is required for this work.
Some candidates may take the comprehension test before the actual interview, while others might do it the other way around.
There are two people involved in the live interview: the interviewer and a monitor. I believe this monitor checks your every action throughout the interview to see whether you have any outside assistance.
There are 14 questions total in the interview. You may take your time pondering the questions and responding to them. The focus of these 14 questions is on your strengths. There are phoney "gurus" out there offering "made up questions" for government jobs, therefore my advice is to skip the expensive prep courses. Instead, try to come up with answers that are really unique. The interviewer will judge you by how you started answering their question. The purpose of this interview is for the interviewer to learn more about you by getting to know you better in a variety of contexts. What would be your answer if asked, for instance, if one of your coworkers was biased? How do you go about your daily routines and get everything done?
The time it takes to get from submitting an application to receiving a contract is significant. So be patient!
Those still awaiting their OAC have my best wishes.
Reply 2
Original post by drtt
Hello,
I just joined this thread. I know some of you are confused about how to prepare for your upcoming job interview and written exams for BFO.
Strangely, individuals who claim to have secured a BFO position via this whole process are ignoring the very simple questions that others have raised.
My application at SC vetting stage is currently being reviewed. The SC screening procedure typically takes 40 days, but this time window may extend if your individual circumstances are murky. If you need an international clearance or have a criminal record, for instance.
At the end of January 2023, I applied for three different jobs, one of which is at LHR, and my application is currently in the vetting stage.
Within a week or so, I had my OAC result for BFO at LHR. It took longer than LHR to get the follow-up emails for the other two positions.
The written portion of the online OAC lasts for 20 minutes, and it consists of responding to a scenario in the form of prose in which you play a member of an organisation and are tasked with sending an email to your superior based on the information provided. For instance, you may be asked for recommendations on which of three potential printer paper providers to acquire from, along with justifications for your recommendations. Being an eloquent writer with a sharp eye for facts is all that is required for this work.
Some candidates may take the comprehension test before the actual interview, while others might do it the other way around.
There are two people involved in the live interview: the interviewer and a monitor. I believe this monitor checks your every action throughout the interview to see whether you have any outside assistance.
There are 14 questions total in the interview. You may take your time pondering the questions and responding to them. The focus of these 14 questions is on your strengths. There are phoney "gurus" out there offering "made up questions" for government jobs, therefore my advice is to skip the expensive prep courses. Instead, try to come up with answers that are really unique. The interviewer will judge you by how you started answering their question. The purpose of this interview is for the interviewer to learn more about you by getting to know you better in a variety of contexts. What would be your answer if asked, for instance, if one of your coworkers was biased? How do you go about your daily routines and get everything done?
The time it takes to get from submitting an application to receiving a contract is significant. So be patient!

Hi,

Did you apply for the Heathrow February campaign? And are you at the vetting stage now?
A few of us got a successful response day after our OAC interview. They said they will let us know of next steps shortly. It has now been weeks
We have been waiting. Do you know what we are waiting for?
Do you when we will be contacted?
Yes, at

Original post by Incencin
Hi,

Did you apply for the Heathrow February campaign? And are you at the vetting stage now?
A few of us got a successful response day after our OAC interview. They said they will let us know of next steps shortly. It has now been weeks
We have been waiting. Do you know what we are waiting for?
Do you when we will be contacted?

Yes, at vetting stage now for LHR. Waiting for clearance.
Reply 4
Original post by drtt
Yes, at

Yes, at vetting stage now for LHR. Waiting for clearance.

Hi,

What month did you apply?
Hi,

What month did you apply?

In January 2023.
Reply 6
Original post by drtt
Hello,

Thank you 🙏
Reply 7
Original post by drtt
Hello,

@drtt Agreed. You pretty much nailed it with the application process information, keeping the met police offer on hold as I just gained security clearance last week and hoping for the news of a start date at LHR very soon!
Reply 8
Hi, where is everyone at with their application?
Reply 9
Hi, where is everyone at with their application?

I had my OAC interview results on 24th april.Interview was on 23rd April.Since then nothing heard from them.I have contacted them over the phone they told us BFO Heathrow they have received more applications then the vacancy so even though if you have pass the interview but if some one have scored more then you then they will received the job offer not you.And you will be on waiting list.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 10
What is the minimum score required?
What is a good level of score?
Reply 11
What is the minimum score required?
What is a good level of score?

No idea
Reply 12
I jut got an email saying they have offered me the job for Heathrow BFO role..I need to accept provisional offer now.
Reply 13
Original post by BFO role
I jut got an email saying they have offered me the job for Heathrow BFO role..I need to accept provisional offer now.

well done. Congrats.

I had an email saying I am on reserve list :frown:
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 14
Well done I got reserve list for LHR via home office gutted ha
Reply 15
Thank you guys.
I wish you a good luck.
You never know when you will get an email saying you will be joining BFO Heathrow.Don’t loose the hopes.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 16
Just beyond disappointing :frown:

not sure if we will hear back from this reserve list

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending