The Student Room Group

Induction Day

For anyone who is currently a student/has been more recently, I have my induction day coming up in August where I will enrol on my course and the letter they sent said I need to take 3 things one of which is i.d so my question is what do they class as i.d these days does it need to be something with a picture? as I have not had a passport for years, would they accept a birth certificate.

thanks in advance
Original post by gillian1986
For anyone who is currently a student/has been more recently, I have my induction day coming up in August where I will enrol on my course and the letter they sent said I need to take 3 things one of which is i.d so my question is what do they class as i.d these days does it need to be something with a picture? as I have not had a passport for years, would they accept a birth certificate.

thanks in advance

Do you have a driving licence?
Reply 2
Original post by games211
Do you have a driving licence?

No I don't got nothing with a picture, so i am hoping they will except a birth certificate as my partner wont allow money to spent on getting a citizens card/passport just for this purpose.
Original post by gillian1986
No I don't got nothing with a picture, so i am hoping they will except a birth certificate as my partner wont allow money to spent on getting a citizens card/passport just for this purpose.

do you have a passport sized picture at home?
Reply 4
Original post by games211
do you have a passport sized picture at home?

Not sure about that will have to have a look or I could always get one done, i'm going to try to find out if a birth certificate would hopefully be sufficient.
Reply 5
I would think so but your best bet is to do as you said and ask them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
If you haven't got photo ID it will most likely be a full birth cert, and 2 recent letters (within 3 months) like a utility bill and bank statement , phone bills don't normally count.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
ID?! Hahaaha!! My college didn't give a crap about ID, they just took our photo and a week later they gave us our travel/student cards :smile: I was doing a psychology course outwith school for a year so most people were 17 admittedly, so most of us didn't have any form of identification with a picture on it. But to be safe, your best bet is your birth cert! Your college shouldn't be anal about it tho..
I had to get a passport in order to secure my 24+ loan, although I had already started at college by the time it came through, so it probably won't matter if you can't get one by the induction day. You'd better check what they require directly with the college.
Reply 9
Thanks for all your replies, I have called them now and the initial answer was a drivers license or passport but when I explained I didn't have these and would a birth certificate be ok I was told that should be fine, so phew panic over ! :smile: I have applied for the learning support fund not 24+ loan as I am starting on a level 2 qualification so wouldn't be eligible for that, So glad I have decided to do that now as chances are I would of needed to get a passport.
Reply 10
To be fair, you can apply for the 24+ loan without a passport but the passport makes it a whole lot easier and quicker.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending