The Student Room Group

The Tesco thread.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sanctus
I'm clueless too. My personnel manager was also very vague when i asked her how the process is done.
My brother did it a few years ago with the old system and mentioned how much of hassle the old system was too. The issue with the process is that many (if not all) students don't know their lecture timetables so you're supposed to end up simply applying for the a position and store, and then have your personnel manager sort out the fact you're a student and won't know the hours.

Frankly I'm clueless with the system. It says we're supposed to search "student transfer", I take it we are supposed to put that into the keywords section?

The link is studentsattesco.com and you click on the link at the bottom that says "student transfers - september 2015" which leads you to a page that explains more.
Though I'm currently really struggling with it!
Reply 1701
Original post by lisamb
The link is studentsattesco.com and you click on the link at the bottom that says "student transfers - september 2015" which leads you to a page that explains more.
Though I'm currently really struggling with it!

The link I posted previously takes you right to the page where you need to apply

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I dont know if anyone is good at maths but i got my first pay and im trying to work out how much hourly i get paid.

I work 15 hours a week (2 nights)

Company base pay - £110.86
Company Approved Pay - £117.61

Night Pay 1 hours worked between 10pm and nidnight - £6
Night Pay 2 for hours worked between midnight and 6am - £19.89
Sunday premium Pay - £29.41

Gross weekly Pay - £172.91

Anyone good at math that can work that out for an hourly rate? Since they never told us what the hourly rate was.

Thanks in advance.
Original post by Alex201
Hi, I dont know if anyone is good at maths but i got my first pay and im trying to work out how much hourly i get paid.

Anyone good at math that can work that out for an hourly rate? Since they never told us what the hourly rate was.

Thanks in advance.

For me it says on the pay slip in the top right corner, if you don't have it you can log in on payslipview.com with your employee number
Original post by JJ_TW
The link I posted previously takes you right to the page where you need to apply

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry didn't realise, I only found that comment after searching about student transfers!
Original post by Alex201

Thanks in advance.

£7.02 an hour going up to £7.39 after 3months time & half on Sunday's. Not sure about nights but I'm sure it's an extra £1 after 10 & £2 after midnight
Original post by Alex201

Thanks in advance.

Your hourly rate should be written on your pay slip and on your contract? Mine is.
Who do I talk to for night time over time shifts? Currently doing 40 hours this week, however when I get home (I finish at 10PM), I find that I'll be up until 4 AM and then I'll sleep for a little bit; I feel like night shifts would probably be good for me whilst I'm still on my summer break. Also, how often is there shifts for it? I'm not sure if it's high in demand or not. Thank you!
can you get me a job?
Now that the page is working correctly, the process actually was very easy. The only thing that bugged me was them asking about the days you are free to work as I don't have a timetable yet for my lectures, I said i could work all weekends and put in the comments part that I don't know my lecture times yet. I hope thats enough.
Original post by Sanctus
Now that the page is working correctly, the process actually was very easy. The only thing that bugged me was them asking about the days you are free to work as I don't have a timetable yet for my lectures, I said i could work all weekends and put in the comments part that I don't know my lecture times yet. I hope thats enough.

Same here, though I left Sunday evenings as I don't want to work before a lecture the next day in case I have a deadline or something.
I was told at my interview that when you apply online, it's your performance on the questionnaire that determines wether or not you're called to interview. I think it's something like you can't get any more than 4 questions wrong, and the system flags up the people that did the best based on how many people have applied.

I attended a 'recruitment day' last week which lasted just under 3 hours. We had a quick casual interview with the manager about availability and previous experience, a group interview and a chat and then we worked on the shop floor for just over an hour. The lady said they can't offer employment before our right to work checks come back, but does anyone know if they can make provisional offers before then or do they usually wait for the checks to come back before offering jobs? I'm a little worried my interview was unsuccesful as it's been a week now and I've still not heard anything but I've seen other people post on here that it's taken a while after an interview for them to be offered a job.
Original post by livealove
I was told at my interview that when you apply online, it's your performance on the questionnaire that determines wether or not you're called to interview. I think it's something like you can't get any more than 4 questions wrong, and the system flags up the people that did the best based on how many people have applied.

I attended a 'recruitment day' last week which lasted just under 3 hours. We had a quick casual interview with the manager about availability and previous experience, a group interview and a chat and then we worked on the shop floor for just over an hour. The lady said they can't offer employment before our right to work checks come back, but does anyone know if they can make provisional offers before then or do they usually wait for the checks to come back before offering jobs? I'm a little worried my interview was unsuccesful as it's been a week now and I've still not heard anything but I've seen other people post on here that it's taken a while after an interview for them to be offered a job.

They tend to wait until the checks come back, took mine 2 & half weeks to come back so I wouldn't worry it can take a while.
Reply 1713
could anyone help me with their application please
Reply 1714
i really need the money i spend 300 pounds for driving school shss
Reply 1715
Original post by livealove

Mine took just over a week, and I received an email telling me (not sure if this was as I told them I was on holiday).I actually found out before getting email by logging into my account and checking the status, this changed to offered 2 days before getting the email
Student Transfer Advice:

I work in an Express store and needed a transfer so that I could study this year. In stead of applying through the system online, get your manager to email a bunch of stores for you listing what you are trained in (reductions, running shift, payroll, or whatever applies) and what date you want to start. Most stores don't bother putting their vacancies in the database because they have to interview all their applicants if they have too many and they can't be bothered! It's what I did and so I now have a transfer. It shows initiative, too.
Reply 1717
Hi there i was wondering if anyone can help me it's a query for my other half he's recently started working at tesco how long will he be able to do over time in other stores as the store he works at has no over time available.
Hi all quick question I have checked my wageslip online and missing one days overtime off my wage.

I work nights and worked Thursday the 20th August going into Friday morning did i miss the cut off?

If i didnt who should i contact at the store to query it?

Cheers.
Original post by Trevstan
Hi all quick question I have checked my wageslip online and missing one days overtime off my wage.

I work nights and worked Thursday the 20th August going into Friday morning did i miss the cut off?

If i didnt who should i contact at the store to query it?

Cheers.

I was told the cut off point was the 20th so that's likely why, though it's always worth explaining to your manager

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending