The Student Room Group

Training contracts 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by anjolao
PFO from Irwin Mitchell- that's me out of the training contract race this year :frown:

Can I ask if this was post-video interview? Also, when did you apply? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Going on holiday from the 1st September for a week and as a penultimate year student I am waiting to hear back from a firm post-assessment day. Will me being on holiday make things awkward or put me at a disadvantage in anyway if I do happen to get a TC offer?
Weil First Round Interview Invite!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by crazyapple
Going on holiday from the 1st September for a week and as a penultimate year student I am waiting to hear back from a firm post-assessment day. Will me being on holiday make things awkward or put me at a disadvantage in anyway if I do happen to get a TC offer?

To tag on to what J-SP said, this won't be a problem at all. I'm waiting to hear from 4 firms (2 vacation schemes, 2 direct TC interviews) and all have said it's not an issue that I'll be away. Just make sure you tell them that you are going on holiday and they will make the necessary arrangements (whether that's email or calling you internationally).
Original post by TheDefiniteArticle
Is it a no-no to apply for a VS at a firm I've previously been rejected for a TC by? Looking like I'm going to have to go through the process next year and lack of VS/work experience is the biggest hole in my apps atm

No, definitely not, provided your application has changed or improved slightly. I received a TC offer from a firm this year off the back of their VS, after being rejected for a straight TC the year before. I had added new work experience and a couple of law related extra curricular stuff.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mcrlawstudent
To tag on to what J-SP said, this won't be a problem at all. I'm waiting to hear from 4 firms (2 vacation schemes, 2 direct TC interviews) and all have said it's not an issue that I'll be away. Just make sure you tell them that you are going on holiday and they will make the necessary arrangements (whether that's email or calling you internationally).

Thank you this is actually great! So does it tend to be an email or phone call rather than say a letter?
Reply 3006
How about we all just build a firm...?
Original post by J-SP
Initially a call or email. They tend to like to call where they can try to gauge your reaction.

The actual formal offer letter will be by post. If you are abroad for sometime, you could asked for a scanned copy to be sent to you so you can see all the T&Cs attached to the offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah great thank you so so much! :smile:
Reply 3008
I'm waiting to hear back from quite a few firms weeks after completing telephone/video interviews and tests - is it a good idea to call/ email or will firms not appreciate that? Any advice would be great thanks!
Has anyone heard from AO?
Original post by thetfordkid0
Post-AC rejection from Taylor Wessing, oh well.

Sorry to hear that, can I ask when your AC was?
As it is the last working day of the month, I just wanted to know if anyone has heard anything from Clyde & Co over the last couple months besides the email saying they were still considering applications? Any ac invites? Any pfos? Any anything one way or another? Thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
Any tips on the Stephenson Harwood HR interview?
Anyone heard post first-round interview from Penningtons

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Griffin0007
As it is the last working day of the month, I just wanted to know if anyone has heard anything from Clyde & Co over the last couple months besides the email saying they were still considering applications? Any ac invites? Any pfos? Any anything one way or another? Thanks

I got the same email saying that they were considering apps and have heard nothing since.. am assuming its going to be a PFO but its strange cause haven't encountered anyone who has received any online tests/ interviews :/
Original post by Mowgli5
Any tips on the Stephenson Harwood HR interview?

It's pretty relaxed, I was just asked about what I put down on my application form (ie any lapses in grades, when have you demonstrated x,y,z, what was your role when you worked at X). Hope

It's only one-on-one which makes a nice change :smile:

Hope this is helpful/ a relief! When do you have the interview? I've been invited for the next stage AC next weds, let me know how you get on!
Original post by girlfromala
Hey, i'm in the same boat, my HR interview is on the 4th though
Basically, it is a questionnaire that reflects your preferable style of work, i.e. whether you're more of a team player or more independent, whether you're thoughtful, emotional, what motivates you in the workplace

Thanks! Yeah I did it this morning; nothing too daunting. It just felt like they were trying to trip you up with those most/least follow up questions.

Good luck with your interview! I've heard that Dentons HR / Alice is quite friendly, at least compared to other big firms so you should be fine :smile:
PFO from Farrer (although have to say it was probably one of the nicest rejection emails I've had)
What's the first round telephone interview with Eversheds like. Just received my invite, applied 4 weeks ago.

Any info would be really helpful thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you mind me asking the exact date and what office?? Still waiting on any sort of update! Thank you in advance :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending