The Student Room Group

What is the HARDEST A LEVEL (POLL)-LETS END THE DEBATE

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alexion
Out of my four ASs I'd put Geography as the hardest over Further Maths and Physics... I guess I'm just wired up wrong :tongue:

how hard is physics and further maths inn comparison to one another
lol why have you not included humanities and art subjects
history and english lit are pretty hard (lots of reading, lots of essays, need to remember lots)
but tbh this can never get resolved people are gonna find different subjects hard, and are gonna tend to pick subjects that they find easier/enjoy more
From my experience, chemistry. Though I've heard History requires a ridiculously large amount of work.
I think science subjects are the hardest generally as it is not so much content but understanding. I used to sit in every A level physics lesson and not understand a thing I tried my hardest but could only scrape a D after an A at GCSE. The jump for science was the biggest out of any subject - Chemistry was just crazy hard I was top of the class for GCSE then dropped straight to the bottom
Reply 25
Original post by iloveoatcakes
I picked Chemistry because I found my 2nd exam a killer.
Many people I know would've thought I would pick maths as I got 80/300 in it but that was because I pretty much went on strike during maths lessons as I hated my maths teacher.
I am shocked to see why many people think physics is hard as I took that as well as was 1 mark off a B in AS so I find it really easy.

yeah As physics isnt that hard......in comparison to A2 I drop from almost a B to a D cause I got an E and a U in the final A2 exams two times around but that's probably cause I am great at calculation questions(even been one of the few that got the A* calculation questions right in our mocks at college) but I am so bad when it comes to the writing questions and when it comes to A2 the calculation questions they only take up 30% of the marks where in As its more like 60-70%. on top of that in A2 you have high mark questions on long written question which can be anything from a page to two in writing with marks towards spellings. its really not easy specially if there is just one thing you don't understand it could lose you like 8 marks just on writing. but that's OCR anyway don know about other exam boards.
Reply 26
It's either Chemistry or Further Maths. Definitely not Physics!
Chemistry 100%.
In my sixth form you can only do chemistry A-level with A/A* at gcse.
After the AS results only 8 people out of 60 chem students got A's...
Majority got D's and below...

No other subject was as low in grades at this
Original post by rockchick111
if ya boi don't mind me asking what did u cop in geography

I still got an A, and highest in the class, but I had to work much harder to get that A than my other three...
Original post by youreanutter
how hard is physics and further maths inn comparison to one another

I didn't really find them 'hard'... And they're two different style of subject, so it's difficult to compare them :redface:
Would the hardest be the one with the most failure rate?
I don't do a science subject (psychology, politics, philosophy and sociology)
But it really is subjective... Like I hate maths and science but I love essay writing so I excel at those subjects whereas it took me a couple of years to earn a B in maths...
People will find things difficult that others find really easy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Original post by RonnieRJ
True, but it's definitely not hard content wise :wink:

You have photographic memory? what ums did you get in all your subjects if you don't mind me asking
Reply 35
Original post by thecatwithnohat
lol why have you not included humanities and art subjects

i remember you from somewhere! How did you as results go
Original post by JoshDawg

Not really. The subjects with the lowest proportion of A/A* grades this year were

8.Drama (16%)

7. Critical Thinking (15.7%)

6. Computing (15.7%)

5. Business Studies (14.5%)

4. PE (14.4%)

3. General Studies (13.7%)

2. Media Studies (10.9%)

1. ICT (10.8%)

And also the subject with the highest amount of A/A*s was Further Maths (56.3%)
Art History (no, I'm not kidding)
Original post by JoshDawg

i would see it as the one where more people with top gcse grades who should be more able get low grades at a level
Really? :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest